Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 07, 2009

This WWI flight sim uses a free-to-play business model, allowing players to purchase and fly a variety of painstakingly modelled era-appropriate aircraft, taking an incredibly realistic physics engine into account.

Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition is 80% off at Gamersgate

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dandead

Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you know that Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition is 80% off at gamersgate.

This means instead of the steep £40 price tag you would normal pay it's now just £8 but for a limited time only. Gamersgate is not to useful when listing what actually comes with this purchase so I have copy and pasted the info from the offical website.

Features Rise of Flight - Iron Cross Edition

• Quick mission builder. Quickly create custom combat scenarios in seconds.

• Two scripted campaigns- “Hat in the Ring” and “Du Doch Nicht”, both campaigns feature new awards and medals you can win.

• Two Multiplayer dogfight modes with re-spawn capability with support up to 64 players

• 9 aircraft in this package, more can be purchased as a download

• advanced flight-model, adjustable difficulty settings, complex physics engine, progressive damage model

• Summer and Winter Terrain textures with rain and snowflakes

• Two original terrain maps for custom mission creation and multiplayer matches

• Realistic wind patterns that interact with functioning Windsocks and smoke

• Printed combat theatre map and awards poster included in the box

• Fully adjustable and customizable controller options including custom joystick curves

I would also like to point out that it is possible to play certain campaigns and quick missions co-op online. There have also been more missions packs created by users thanks to the mission editor.

Anyway I am posting this here because the Flight Club did do a video of this game and some people did show some intrest in it. Enjoy! :)

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By butano

Nice! I picked it up on Amazon earlier this year around the same price and had a fun time with it. Still not done with the tutorial though, as I'm using a 360 controller to fly because I don't have a flight stick yet. The part where you have to destroy an enemy convoy is tough to do without a stick.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By dandead

@Butano said:

Nice! I picked it up on Amazon earlier this year around the same price and had a fun time with it. Still not done with the tutorial though, as I'm using a 360 controller to fly because I don't have a flight stick yet. The part where you have to destroy an enemy convoy is tough to do without a stick.

Yeah I picked the game up yesterday, the tutoral is super cheesy (in a good way I feel) but I am enjoying it. If you are playing with a 360 controler you may want to turn the sensitivity down a notch as I found the plane to be too fiddly. I do have a flight stick with a hotas and flying about feels good. Multiplayer is much easier to get in to than IL-2 as well which is always a good thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.