Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Risen 2: Dark Waters

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 24, 2012

The sequel to Piranha Bytes' action-RPG Risen. This time, there be pirates.

Anyone Played this on console?

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By firecracker22

If so...what do you think? The game came out this week, but I'm not sure if it's worth a look. And for the life of me, I cannot find any reviews of the console version.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By firecracker22

Wow.

Thanks for the links.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Sterling

I purchased the PS3 version. And it was fine until about 20 hours into the game. Then I started getting crazy frame rate issues. And a bunch of technical issues. Like the screen just going black, but the game was still going. I could here the music, and the overlay of the hud was still show, just the world was black. Also had graphic issues where everything black would flash random colors non stop. Also now having issues where everything is delay by a good 60 seconds. Messages on screen, audio voice compared to the conversation text. fight music starting and my party member drawing their weapon and then having to wait a minute or more before an enemy appears on screen to fight.

Its getting pretty crazy. This is way worse than the 360 port of the first Risen game. I never had many issues with the first. I wonder if the 360 version of this one is as bad as the PS3 version.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HH

i have the 360 version and i've had no technical issues so far, i'm about ten hours in,

although i think the world is great, and i do want to see it to the end, the game is not, as yet, sucking me in, i think it's because the combat is just not enticing.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sterling

Yeah, combat is not that great. Also FYI, Voodoo sucks.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sterling

I will say the humor in this game is fantastic. I find myself laughing out loud quite frequently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.