Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Risen 2: Dark Waters

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 24, 2012

The sequel to Piranha Bytes' action-RPG Risen. This time, there be pirates.

This game hits the pockets....hard.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MysteriousFawx

Was amazingly tempted to purchase Risen 2 on day 1 until I saw the release price of £40, for any US duders unaware most retail releases on Steam start at £30.

So I waited a while thinking I'd see if the urge to play was still kicking and then drop the money, rather than regret a snap purchase. Only to see a couple of days later that paid DLC is out, for £8 and £2.50 respectively.

This game worth dropping the cash for? Or is it a far better idea to wait for the inevitable Steam sale?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I can't make an educated guess because I've never actually seen it played or anything beyond some ads here and there, but I'd bet that it's best to wait for a Steam sale.

I actually am just commenting to say that US games are $60. Which pales in comparison to Australia, where games cost a hundred of their dollars.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

@believer258 said:

I can't make an educated guess because I've never actually seen it played or anything beyond some ads here and there, but I'd bet that it's best to wait for a Steam sale.

I actually am just commenting to say that US games are $60. Which pales in comparison to Australia, where games cost a hundred of their dollars.

£40 is about $70. It's also a PC release, which run cheaper usually. Also, it sucks for Aussies :/

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ares42

Unless you really like the idea of pirate games, you're probably better of holding off.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Did you play and enjoy Risen 1? If so this game is everything good and bad from that game, minus some core good things I think Risen had like combat mobility (there's no dodge or shield). Considering this game costs 'less' than a full retail game, it's at $49.99 USD right now, you should wait until it's way way cheaper for you if right now you'd have to spend $70 of your dollars now. Wait until it's closer to $30 of YOUR dollars, if that's even possible. There are other retailers out there more willing to put this game on sale I'd imagine and the game is Steamworks so whereever you get it you'll be able to put the key into steam and dl from steam, in fact I bought the game at a cheaper price even as a pre-order from GreenManGaming and they sent the steam key to my email when the game released :)

agc8602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By agc8602

I saw a lot of complaints about the price on PB's forum, that sucks for you guys. As for the DLC though, Treasure Island was actually free if you pre-ordered it on Steam. Pirate Clothes was part of an EU Collector's Edition, I think, but I like what I've found ingame so far, and I wouldn't even wear the ring for a 5% Glory increase when there's so much more rings I'd rather have equipped. I loved Risen so I pre-ordered Risen 2 pretty early on and so far I'm really happy with it, both the good and the bad.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

If you liked the first game, it's definitely worth it.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CptBedlam

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.