3.5 stars 3.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 7 releases and 0 DLC

Great setting, but still a big step back from Risen 0

If you are a fan of Pirhanna Bytes’s games, then, chances are, you are already used to playing old school, immersive RPGs with some rough edges. In the past, the benefits have outweighed the flaws, and that was especially true of Risen. Risen wasn’t just Pirhanna Bytes’s best game. It was also the best RPG of this generation. Risen 2, however, is a really hard game to love. It is as rough around the edges and unpolished as any game that this developer has ever made, but unlike Gothic, Gothic 2, ...

Random PC Game Review - Risen 2: Dark Waters 0

Risen 2 is an interesting game. It's a game that I shouldn't like, honestly. The combat is fairly awful, walking around feels like a chore at times, the dialogue is stiff, and the story is nothing particularly special. For some reason, though, I'm still totally intrigued by it. The exploration is what does it for me. I would describe the game as 'open world lite'. Every area you go to, you can go pretty much anywhere within that environment, and there are a lot of activities to keep you b...