Rising Star Games Says Muramasa/Little King's Story Sell Well

#1 Edited by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

Source 1, 2.

Little King's Story Wii Still Selling Well (in Europe)

Rising Star Games has revealed that despite modest worldwide sales, Little King's Story is doing well in Europe. Talking in a recently published interview, Rising Star's Product Manager Yen Hau went on record to point out that as well as receiving high praise from all media sources, the game "is still selling well to this day, something which doesn't happen often to videogames." This will definitely come as fantastic news for fans of the game that were thrilled to hear a concept for a sequel is already in place and merely awaiting the greenlight, as mentioned in Cubed3's recent interview with Japanese publisher Marvelous Entertainment.

Below are some quotes from Yen Hau's interview, where Harvest Moon DS3 is confirmed for 2010, JU-ON met expectations and Muramasa: The Demon Blade overcame issues with GAME not stocking it in the UK and has "performed well so far"

Good to know then. It sucks games that have the potential to be cult hits meet such resistance from retailers though :-(

Muramasa.
Litte King's Story.
Go buy those games, Americans, you still can!
#2 Posted by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

There's even talk of a Little King's Story sequel that's waiting for approval, keep your fingers crossed :-) 

#3 Posted by Kraznor (1608 posts) -

Kind of surprised about Muramasa, but Little King's Story was selling reasonably well at the store I work at.

#4 Posted by oldschool (7641 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" There's even talk of a Little King's Story sequel that's waiting for approval, keep your fingers crossed :-)  "
That would be awesome.  I have both Murumasa and LKS, but I am kind of part of Europe (PAL), so I can't do anything about those lazy 'mericans  ^-^ 
Along with Atlus, Rising Star (Natsume?) are my favourite game makers.
#5 Edited by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

Well they said Europe in general (European publisher this), it might have flopped in certain countries but made up for it in others where it was more aggresively marketed (like in Milano, Italy, where they had dressed up actors running yelling Muramasa and inviting people to playtest areas, lol).

That. Lol...
#6 Posted by oldschool (7641 posts) -

Who would think that marketing a Wii game could help it sell?  Shit, you learn something new every day  ^-^

#7 Posted by oldschool (7641 posts) -
@Shini4444 said:
" Little King's Story was my favorite Wii game of last year, so I'm glad to hear it's doing well. "
House of Dead: Overkill was my favourite last year, but LKS was right up there on its heels.  It is both hard and oh so adorable.  Taking over the world is always fun when you look cute.
#8 Posted by Meowayne (6168 posts) -

To be honest, Little King's Story's sales are probably only little due to the game's quality, and more due to the game's name and cover. 

But yeah:

Who would think that marketing a Wii game could help it sell?  Shit, you learn something new every day  ^-^ 

#9 Posted by oldschool (7641 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" To be honest, Little King's Story's sales are probably only little due to the game's quality, and more due to the game's name and cover. 

But yeah:

"
You have a point.  The cover looks kind of "casual".  Wonder how many bought it thinking it would be another mini-game collection?  I imagine a newbie getting it would be totally spun out.
#10 Posted by AgentJ (8781 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" Who would think that marketing a Wii game could help it sell?  Shit, you learn something new every day  ^-^ "
#11 Posted by AjayRaz (12637 posts) -

I would die for Demon Blade, but I don't have a Wii. 

#12 Posted by AgentJ (8781 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" I would die for Demon Blade, but I don't have a Wii.  "
You'd rather die than buy a Wii? Someone has some messed up priorities :P
#13 Posted by oldschool (7641 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
You can sell your body on the streets.  Then you can use the money for a Wii and Murumasa.  Beats death right  :/
#14 Posted by AjayRaz (12637 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" @AjayRaz said:
You can sell your body on the streets.  Then you can use the money for a Wii and Murumasa.  Beats death right  :/ "
no, i would rather die than do that. hehe 
#15 Posted by oldschool (7641 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @oldschool said:
" @AjayRaz said:
You can sell your body on the streets.  Then you can use the money for a Wii and Murumasa.  Beats death right  :/ "
no, i would rather die than do that. hehe  "
If you mean "dead inside",   then i can understand  ^-^
#16 Posted by Emilio (3583 posts) -

I have yet to buy both, but I seriously feel awful. These guys really deserve all my money. :(

#17 Edited by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Muramasa is one of the prettiest games I've ever played.  It really needs to reach the HD consoles too because it would be an even more stunning experience @ 1080p.

#18 Posted by JJOR64 (19494 posts) -

I still need to get both of those games.     :(

#19 Posted by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" I still need to get both of those games.     :( "
It's not hard, order away :-D
#20 Posted by JJOR64 (19494 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" I still need to get both of those games.     :( "
It's not hard, order away :-D "
I have no money right now.  If I did I would.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.