Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Risk of Rain

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 08, 2013

Explore a hostile alien planet and build up your random arsenal of upgrades in this sci-fi "rogue-lite" side-scrolling platformer, where enemy forces get tougher the longer you stay alive.

How to get Online co-op working?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Can't figure out how to get the online working, I know I have to do some port forwarding and open 11100 but when I try it doesn't work. Anyone know how to get this working so I can play with friends?

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

I've never had success in port forwarding due to how my router configuration is and whatnot. Instead, I just used Hamachi. Going the Hamachi way you don't need to port fwd anything and you should be able host a game with ease. Just make sure you're buddies join your Hamachi network. That is how I hosted coop games for Risk of Rain.

This is the community made steam guide I used to walk you through the process if you don't know a thing about Hamachi already: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194047418

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By triple07

Man I wish PC games would just work without having to use hamachi all the time for smaller games without huge net code budgets.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.