Fun Factor?

#1 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Honestly, how fun is this game?  I'd been thinking about getting it, but after playing the demo, it seems that all you do is hit Y and X until you can use a takedown move, then you watch a cutscene.  Does the combat get any more varied, or is it like this throughout the entire game?

#2 Posted by Dimsey (962 posts) -

Thats pretty much all it is, shooting sections aside.
And the gun play in my book is kind of clunky.
It'd make a good rental perhaps. If you can find it cheap it might also be worth while.

I paid full price for it and kinda wish I hadn't.

Isn't a bad game though.
Just somewhat repetitive and short.

#3 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Yeah, I'lll probably rent it as lots of people says I should be able to finish it in a day.  Thanks for your input.

#4 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

It's definitely a good rental, even if the hand-to-hand combat basically boils down to "Block, wait, and do a quicktime event."

#5 Posted by KING_CANVAS (30 posts) -

You should rent it,but its not worth the money.

I played it,slow combat and shitty environment,and hard as fuck.

#6 Posted by Atlas (2454 posts) -

Absolutely a rental. It's a love-hate sort of game. I hated it. I found the combat very tedious, and even on the normal difficulty it gets pretty brutal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.