Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

10/5 DLC: REM 8-Pack, T. Rex 3-Pack

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

from hxmhenry on rockband.com: 

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming out next week, bringing us 11 songs closer to 2,000 songs total for the library! There's an 8 pack of hits from R.E.M. and a 3 pack of classic T. Rex tracks, all of which will be good for you and should be downloaded immediately. I'm especially looking forward to "It's the End of the World As We Know It", at the very least to see who can make it through the song without running out of breath! Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 5):

R.E.M. – “Driver 8” +
    R.E.M. – “It’s the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)” +
    R.E.M. – “Living Well Is the Best Revenge”
    R.E.M. – “Radio Free Europe” +
    R.E.M. – “Stand” +
    R.E.M. – “Superman” +
    R.E.M. – “These Days” +
    R.E.M. – “What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?”
    T. Rex – “Children of the Revolution” +
    T. Rex – “Cosmic Dancer” +
    T. Rex – “Jeepster”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Oct. 6)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “R.E.M. Pack 01” and “T. Rex Pack 01” on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store. 

Price: 

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
    $5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (680 Microsoft Points) for T. Rex Pack 01
    $13.49, £8.99 UK, €11.88 EU (1,080 Microsoft Points) for R.E.M. Pack 01

Definitely getting It's the End of the World As We Know It.  I'm really surprised that it hadn't come out until now.  They have a good cross-section of stuff, but I'm not sure that any of the other songs would be super fun, though I really like R.E.M.    I'm not a huge T. Rex fan, but I'm interested to see how the charts turn out.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

REM! WOO! 

Definitely picking up a few REM tracks. This is the first time in a while that I actually care about the DLC. I guess they're getting people excited for RB3.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By carlthenimrod

I'm dreading Rock Band 3 at this point because I'm going to have to go back and buy all of these songs I've skipped since I stopped playing Rock Band 2 a year ago.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @carlthenimrod said:
    " I'm dreading Rock Band 3 at this point because I'm going to have to go back and buy all of these songs I've skipped since I stopped playing Rock Band 2 a year ago. "
    You should keep in mind that that old DLC won't have keyboard support or pro guitar support. Pro drums are good to go though. 

It's kinda disappointing.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By A Likely Story

I like R.E.M., but like skrutop said I'm not so sure how fun a lot of their songs would be. I'll have to check the charts for them first.    

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By 234r2we232

I thought keyboard support as well as pro drums were going to be retroactive?

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @carlthenimrod said:
    " I'm dreading Rock Band 3 at this point because I'm going to have to go back and buy all of these songs I've skipped since I stopped playing Rock Band 2 a year ago. "
    You should keep in mind that that old DLC won't have keyboard support or pro guitar support. Pro drums are good to go though.  It's kinda disappointing. "
    Yea, makes me wonder how they will set the Rock Band 3 store up to display if a song has pro guitar support or not.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Raymayne

Geez, REM...no thank you.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " I thought keyboard support as well as pro drums were going to be retroactive? "
    Keys are not retroactive at all. You can use the keyboard to play old songs guitar parts, but old songs won't be charted for keys. At least I think that's right. Everything's kinda hard to keep strait.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By skrutop
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @sofacitysweetheart said:

" I thought keyboard support as well as pro drums were going to be retroactive? "
    Keys are not retroactive at all. You can use the keyboard to play old songs guitar parts, but old songs won't be charted for keys. At least I think that's right. Everything's kinda hard to keep strait. "
    They are planning to retrofit some older DLC for keys and pro-guitar, but they haven't announced what songs or how it'll work yet.  And who knows, they might ultimately decide it's not worth the effort and scrap the whole idea (remember how they announced jukebox mode for RB2 and then dropped it?)
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @skrutop said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

" @sofacitysweetheart said:

Keys are not retroactive at all. You can use the keyboard to play old songs guitar parts, but old songs won't be charted for keys. At least I think that's right. Everything's kinda hard to keep strait. "
    (remember how they announced jukebox mode for RB2 and then dropped it?) "
    I'll never forget... 

:P
    Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Blueprint12

I've saw somewhere that they DO have the technology to re-do everything on pro guitar and pro keys but it will take a whole bunch of fucking work (he said that wording too lol).

But if they do re-do any song with pro keys, please NO MORE TEARS.  It's hard to imagine that song without the Rock Band 3 keys, hell even Conan said so too.

As for the pack, damn!!  Too much to get, already there's Anthrax, Dio, Bob Marley, and more.
    As for T. Rex, I only know one song from them and that was the one from LEGO Rock Band.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By turboman

every week... RB comes out with another batch of songs I would like to try out 

every week I succesfully resist the urge

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By 234r2we232

Just noticed Children of the Revolution on there. My week has been made :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.