Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

500 songs and counting + some XBLA action (Blog post)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

Well I just was given an Xbox Live account from my friend that has lots of Rock Band DLC and XBLA games on it that I can now play, so I thought I would write about it. 

Basically my friend is selling his Xbox 360 and all his games and accessories. So instead of wasting all the DLC and everything he has spent points on, he just gave it to me. Officially the coolest thing ever. Anyways, after downloading all the DLC tracks that I didn't already have I now own 500 Rock Band songs. Technically like 498 but I'm callin it 500. This got me thinking about exactly how much that is. About 380 of the songs are DLC, subtract the 20 free songs and I have about 360 songs that either my friend or I paid $2 a piece for. That would come to around $720 worth of DLC. Of course a handful of the songs were either free downloads or they were only $1. But I would say 95% or more were $2. So I think I can safely make the claim that I have at least $700 worth of Rock Band DLC. Is that too much? lol. 

Anyways besides the DLC I also downloaded all the XBLA games purchased on the account. There were a couple I already owned, but the new ones are (in alphabetical order): Castle Crashers, Duke Nukem 3D, Galaga, Geometry Wars, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Mega Man 9, Portal: Still Alive, Smash TV, Sonic The Hedgehog, Street Fighter 2 HF, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Whew, that is quite a list now that I see it. So yeah, I got some gaming to do. It was super awesome of my friend to give me all this. If anyone actually reads this and wants to play any of those fighting games via LIVE, give me a shout. My gamertag is the same as my name on this site btw if anyone wants to just send me a friend request. Just so you know beforehand, I suck ass at most fighting games.

On another note, I will also be buying my friend's old ION Drum Rocker from him for $153 (don't ask about the extra $3, lol). The ION kit will come with the--count 'em--2 Rock Pedals that he has bought for the IONs as well as like 3 sets of drum sticks. The pads are a bit worn, but maybe I can swap them around and spread the beating amongst all the pads as the red one is by far the most worn. Anyways I was looking at the website for the ION Drum Rocker and found these sweet light-up drum sticks: 

Red Version
    Red Version

Blue Version
    Blue Version

I'm not necessarily going to buy those but they look freakin awesome none the less. Although after writing about them, I'm really considering buyin them... 
    What do you guys think? Should I blow $25 on a set of mad awesome drum sticks?

Anyways, until next time.

PEACE
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Damn, that's a nice haul of DLC. Also buy both drum sticks and use one of each =p

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Th3_James

shit, i want those sticks. ohh man.... not for rb though, my drum crap broke too many times. my real drums are fine though :D

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

YOU DID A BLOG! WOO!

*gives JJWeatherman a cookie.*

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny:
    No Caption Provided
    Thanks buddy!   :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.