5/18 DLC: Grateful Dead, The Smithereens

#1 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

From HMXHenry on rockband.com:

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming at you next week! Long time RB fans will remember that the Grateful Dead were the first "large pack" of DLC (a 6 pack, back in the day when 3 packs and singles were the norm) way back in March of 2008... our 16th week of DLC! Well, here we are, 115 weeks of DLC later, with a third pack from The Dead (bringing their total count up to 18 tracks) along with 2 singles from RB newcomers The Smithereens. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (May 18):

Grateful Dead – “Beat It on Down the Line” +
Grateful Dead – “Cumberland Blues” +
Grateful Dead – “Scarlet Begonias” +
Grateful Dead – “Throwing Stones”
Grateful Dead – “Touch of Grey” +
Grateful Dead – “U.S. Blues” +
The Smithereens – “A Girl Like You”
The Smithereens – “Only a Memory” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 May 19)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Grateful Dead Pack 03,” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Grateful Dead Pack 03”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

I've been wondering when Touch of Grey was going to finally make its way to DLC.  I don't know that it'll be as fun to play as the other Dead tracks, but I do like it's mellow 80s vibe.  I have the Smithereens album with A Girl Like You on it.  Good, classic pop-rock.  Interested to see how it will translate.
#2 Posted by damswedon (3196 posts) -

wow i forgot how much Dead RockBand has until now.

#3 Posted by Big_D (169 posts) -

Rock Band releases have been terrible for me for about 2 straight months

#4 Posted by Videogames (257 posts) -

Oh man I sure do hope they release another disturbed pack soon.

#5 Posted by JJWeatherman (14560 posts) -

Nice release this week, but god I really don't want to keep buying DLC. I've been at a point where I feel like I have enough to last me forever for a while now. I already have most of the songs I would ever want. DLC is a money sinkhole. 

That said, I just bought two Jonathan Coulton songs yesterday.  :P

#6 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

No thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.