Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

8/17 DLC: The Black Keys (maybe more?)

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

From joystiq:

Starting next week, you'll be able to access The Black Keys Pack 01 through your Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, which contains "Strange Times," "I Got Mine" and the band's most recognized track, "Your Touch." Savvy readers will likely best know it as the theme song for the bulletproof tiger himself, Kenny Powers.

Each track will be available as individual downloads on Xbox Live, PSN and Wii for 160 Microsoft Points, $1.99 on PSN and 200 Wii Points, respectively -- or you can download the entire pack for 440 Microsoft Points or $5.49.

I like The Black Keys, but they have a really stripped down sound that I don't think will translate to Rock Band very well.  We'll see.  Since this isn't the official announcement thread from the rockband forums, there could be more announced later today.

edit: 3 pack of Neon Trees as well.  Who?
    From HMXHenry on rockband.com:

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week! Eagle eyed posters will have already caught wind of this via announcements made by the bands on Twitter and Facebook, so let that be a lesson to you: DLC announcements can come from anywhere! Be sure to keep an eye on upcoming newsletters, community events, podcasts, etc. for more announcements in the future. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Aug. 17):

The Black Keys – “Strange Times”
    The Black Keys – “I Got Mine”
    The Black Keys – “Your Touch”
    Neon Trees – “Animal”
    Neon Trees – “Sins of My Youth”
    Neon Trees – “1983”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
    (These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Aug. 18)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Black Keys Pack 01” and “Neon Trees Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
    $5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for The Black Keys Pack 01 or Neon Trees Pack 01

realfunfuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By realfunfuneral

Damn Black Keys. So many tracks keep tempting me to throw more money at Rockband but I know if I start that again I won't stop.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Love the Keys - they will remain one of my all time favorite bands. Beyond thrilled that RB decided add them at last. Song selection -could- be stronger but it's really hard to go wrong with almost anything of theirs.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By A Likely Story

Cool, I'll definitely pick up the Black Keys for RB 3.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By turboman

about time they were shown some love... needs a live version of ThickFreakness though. 

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Shadow

Gotta say, Neon Trees are way better than the Black Keys.  Can't help but wonder why the inferior band is so talked about this week and the superior one is just kind of tacked on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.