Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

9/8 DLC: Freezepop Pack, Pax Pack 2, RBU Tracks + Wii/RBU

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

From HMXEnosity on rockband.com:

"Hey hey,

The Penny Arcade Expo is an annual gamer festival in Washington state, created by the authors of the Penny Arcade webcomic. This year’s PAX takes place Sept. 4-6 in Seattle and will feature performances from Jonathan Coulton, MC Frontalot and Paul & Storm. Freezepop will also perform at PAX and offer up a three pack that includes “Get Ready 2 Rokk,” “Less Talk More Rokk” and “Science Genius Girl.” If you’re attending PAX, be sure to stop by the Harmonix/MTV Games booth (682) to check out The Beatles: Rock Band firsthand.

Also this week, tracks from American rockers 3 Doors Down, AFI and Audioslave and 70s R&B outfit Jackson 5 will also be available for download next week in the Rock Band Music Store. These songs were previously available for Rock Band Unplugged and will now be available for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION3 and Wii Rock Band fans.

Tracks available on Xbox 360 (Sept. 8) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Sept. 10):

• Freezepop – “Get Ready 2 Rokk” *
    • Freezepop – “Less Talk More Rokk” *
    • Freezepop – “Science Genius Girl” *
    • Jonathan Coulton – “Re: Your Brains” *
    • MC Frontalot – “Origin of Species” *
    • Paul & Storm – “Opening Band” *
    • 3 Doors Down – “Kryptonite”
    • AFI – “Miss Murder”
    • Audioslave – “Gasoline”
    • Jackson 5 – “ABC”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as Freezepop Pack 01 and The PAX 2009 Collection as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system.

Price:
    $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track *Denotes $0.99 USD, £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
    $2.99 USD, £1.69 UK, €2.29 EU (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for Freezepop Pack 01 and The PAX 2009 Collection
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track *Denotes $1.00 (100 Wii Points) per track

Wii Additions
    Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Talking Heads add an additional five downloadable tracks to Wii Rock Band, joining the already available “Psycho Killer.” The five songs available for download next week span a good deal of Talking Heads’ career, including “Take Me to the River” from the band’s second album, More Songs About Buildings and Food; “Crosseyed & Painless” and “Once in a Lifetime” from the band’s fourth studio album, Remain in Light; “Girlfriend is Better” from the band’s fifth album, Speaking in Tongues; and “And She Was” from the band’s sixth album, Little Creatures. Additionally, singles from Avenged Sevenfold, The Jam, Oasis and Rage Against the Machine will be available in the Wii Rock Band Music Store next week. This brings the number of songs available for download in the Wii Rock Band Music Store to 667.

Additional tracks available for Wii (Sept. 8):
    • Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”
    • The Jam – “A Town Called Malice”
    • The Jam – “Going Underground”
    • Oasis – “Supersonic” (Live)
    • Rage Against the Machine – “Guerilla Radio”
    • Talking Heads – “And She Was”
    • Talking Heads – “Crosseyed & Painless”
    • Talking Heads – “Girlfriend is Better”
    • Talking Heads – “Once in a Lifetime”
    • Talking Heads – “Take Me to the River”

Price:
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points) per track

Rock Band Unplugged Tracks for PSP®System
    Rock Band Unplugged fans will enjoy the addition of Godsmack’s “I Stand Alone” and Stone Roses’ “Love Spreads” to the 37 tracks already available via the Rock Band Unplugged in-game music store for the PSP system.

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Sept. 10):
    • Godsmack – “I Stand Alone”
    • Stone Roses – “Love Spreads”

Price:
    $1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system"
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By skrutop

PAX Pack and Freezepop are $1 each, eh?  Might be worth getting.

realfunfuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By realfunfuneral

Ahh it's actually been confirmed now. Freezepop are always fun to play so they probably are worth picking up. ABC and Kryptonite both take me back a bit but none of this weeks are essential for me so I might have a break and save my points for when the bigger stuff drops.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Not interested.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By damswedon

reusing freezepop songs from past harmonix games = yay 
    we just need Pop Music Is Not a Crime and we have everything.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, ABC is there so....hell yeah.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Timma1083

Freezepop for $1 is pretty awesome. The RB:U exclusives sound fun too.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By A Likely Story

Freezepop three pack? Awesome! Jonathon Coulton, Audioslave, and Jacskson 5 are great too.

Too bad I'm saving up my money for The Beatles downloads, but I'll have to get these eventually. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.