Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Future DLC Question?

SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SaitenMar

Hey,

I was wondering if future DLC will still be playable in Rock Band 1, because with Rock Band 2 coming I did wonder? will we still be able to gain access to future DLC and play it on Rock Band or will we stop getting it because RB2 isn't out over here and you can only play it on RB2?

Just wondering? if anyone knows I would appriate it.

Thanks!

SadExchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SadExchange

I doubt that they would stop making DLC for the first Rock Band, I would almost believe that the DLC that they do release would work for both Rock Band 1 and 2 since nothing has really changed in the instrument department, so I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.  The reason for getting Rock band 2 would be the 80 + songs that are on the disc and 20 more they're releasing that day for free.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By A Likely Story

There's no DLC specific for Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2; it's just simply Rock Band DLC. ALL of it will work for BOTH games.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know if the twenty free songs that will coincide with Rock Band 2's release will be available to those without Rock Band 2? I'm just curious.

fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By fryedrycestyle
    Hobbies said:
    "There's no DLC specific for Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2; it's just simply Rock Band DLC. ALL of it will work for BOTH games.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know if the twenty free songs that will coincide with Rock Band 2's release will be available to those without Rock Band 2? I'm just curious."
    That's a good question. There may be some thing that checks if you own Rock Band 2 for it. But it would be nice for Rock Band owners to get the free 20 songs as well.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By A Likely Story
    fryedrycestyle said:
    "That's a good question. There may be some thing that checks if you own Rock Band 2 for it. But it would be nice for Rock Band owners to get the free 20 songs as well."
    Well I remember reading that Harmonix said the reason why the 20 DLC aren't on the disc is because they wouldn't fit (at least on the Xbox's discs), and if that's the case I doubt people who don't own RB 2 won't be able to download them. Maybe we'll be surprised though.
    SaitenMar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By SaitenMar

Thanks for the info guys, appriate it.

I just hope HMX keeps selling DLC on the European Marketplace!

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Hannibal
    Hobbies said:
    "fryedrycestyle said:
    "That's a good question. There may be some thing that checks if you own Rock Band 2 for it. But it would be nice for Rock Band owners to get the free 20 songs as well."
    Well I remember reading that Harmonix said the reason why the 20 DLC aren't on the disc is because they wouldn't fit (at least on the Xbox's discs), and if that's the case I doubt people who don't own RB 2 won't be able to download them. Maybe we'll be surprised though."
    We already know that you get a code with RB2 to export the RB1 songs, maybe they also have a code for the 20 RB2 songs.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By A Likely Story

Ah, that's probably it. I hadn't known about the code for the RB1 transfers, so having a code too for the DLC sounds right.

fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fryedrycestyle

But here's another question. The full albums for Rock Band 2 like Peace Sells and the Chili Peppers one... will the two RB2 on disc songs be available for download to RB1 users?

*ponders*

nymets819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By nymets819

that's another good question. if its not, then it may not be fair, but to whoever's not going to buy Peace Sells, because they're going to have it in RB2 will get an early sighthread  if it comes out before RB2 ;)

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Timma1083
    fryedrycestyle said:
    "But here's another question. The full albums for Rock Band 2 like Peace Sells and the Chili Peppers one... will the two RB2 on disc songs be available for download to RB1 users?

*ponders*"
    Very Good Question, but I'm going to say no, just because when the albums are released, the respective songs will be missing. Thats really the only reason I'm going to say no to that. But who knows, maybe when you download it for RB1 (If there is anyway to tell PSN/XBL thats what your doing) maybe they can include the song, but I doubt it.SaitenMar said:
    "Hey,

I was wondering if future DLC will still be playable in Rock Band 1, because with Rock Band 2 coming I did wonder? will we still be able to gain access to future DLC and play it on Rock Band or will we stop getting it because RB2 isn't out over here and you can only play it on RB2?

Just wondering? if anyone knows I would appriate it.

Thanks!"
    No specific RB2 or RB1 DLC, all the DLC works on both games. So fear not, if they release DLC after RB2, it will work on RB1

Hobbies said:
    "There's no DLC specific for Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2; it's just simply Rock Band DLC. ALL of it will work for BOTH games.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know if the twenty free songs that will coincide with Rock Band 2's release will be available to those without Rock Band 2? I'm just curious."
    I'm not really sure. Since Harmonix hasn't announced anything yet, no one can really tell. I would assume so, but who knows. I'm thinking they are going to announce it at their PAX Panel today, along with the DLC announcement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.