Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Hating Plastic....

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Th3_James

I got the original rock band when it came out aswell as rb2 when it was released and i love the games but i have a major issue that is really getting on my nerves

poorly designed peripherals making me fail, Now you may say that i just suck at the game

BUT if your guitar buttons randomly stop working while playing a song on expert then it isn't my error
    if my drums cannot pick up a perfect roll it's not my fault

my gh2 guitar's star power didn't work, then awhile later the down strum didn't work
    my 1st rb drums, picked up notes great, then the red broke aswell as kick, but i fixed kick
    2nd rb drums barely pick up shit and are unplayable
    gh3 guitar buttons randomly stop working all the time

why are all these peripherals so poorly made?

and rolling on small plastic circles is stupid

does anyone else have faulty plastic shit?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MetalGearSunny

You have some horrible luck.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VirtuaXav

I don't own either game, last rhythm game i owned was guitar hero 2, that worked fine.

from what i hear the rb1 kick was pretty ordinary overall, but apparently they fixed that in rb2.

sounds to me like a bad case of rotten luck.

keviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By keviar

Rockband accessories are decently made. Well, as decently as any childworker can make it.
    Friend's got RB2 for quite some time. Everything's going dandy, even his two gh2 controllers are gr8.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

Oh ya I have had my share of problems. But Rock Band is one of my favorite games to play currently and I have struggled but found ways to cope with error problems. I wish I could afford some Ion Drums. But honestly my friend has them and they are kinda awkward. its no doubt due to the way he set them up (crapily), but I don't know. I'm just not convinced I would love them if I did buy them. But i'm broke anyways sooo, kinda doesn't matter.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zityz

What I find funny is that my buddy has the Ion kit, and Yet my RB2 Normal kit symbols are more responsive, heh go figure.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By A Likely Story

All but one of my five or so guitars has some kind of flaw, which sucks, but I don't really care anymore because the guitar that I do use only has a small problem, which is I have to tilt it unnaturally high to activate overdrive. My Rock Band 1 drumset has a crappy red pad, and the RB 2's red pad is starting to bubble, but that actually hasn't caused any problems.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Th3_James

i wish the rb drums had the rebound of my real drums, that would be great, i also hate the elevation and angle of the rb drums

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have a lot of guitars myself and only my RB2 one is perfect.  My GH3 has problems with the buttons, while the RB1 just sucks, period. Still, I can't offer you any advice but maybe write to the manufacturers complaining. It is pretty bad that we have to weather through many different peripherals just to find a good one, and at $60-190 a pop (full bundle), that is a lot of money wasted, right?

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Timma1083

Only major problems I've had are with guitars. I've gone through 1 Bass Pedal, 2 Strats, 3 Les Pauls and an X-Plorer. Drums luckily my first RB1 set works (With Sock Mod, but still). The RB2 set is fine, just not as good as my RB1 set. Thank God my current stuff works though. (GH:WT Guitar, RB1 set, and Mic with the wire ductaped up, otherwise it doesn't work)

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By A Likely Story

Oooh, I forgot about the bass pedals.

I think I've broken...three? Maybe four, I can't remember. All were RB1 pedals; the RB2 pedal has held up surprisingly well.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Three words:

ION Drum Rocket Kit.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Timma1083
    Hobbies said:
    "Oooh, I forgot about the bass pedals.I think I've broken...three? Maybe four, I can't remember. All were RB1 pedals; the RB2 pedal has held up surprisingly well."
    Wish I could say the same about mine. My RB2 pedal is cracking under the metal plate. Yeah...
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By RHCPfan24
    jakob187 said:
    "Three words:

ION Drum Rocket Kit.
    "
    Three numbers: $300

I would buy it if the price wasn't that steep.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead

The orange button on my Rock Band 2 guitar has started to stick on me and it's caused me to miss so many notes, it's ridiculous.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By A Likely Story
    Timma1083 said:
    "Hobbies said:
    "Oooh, I forgot about the bass pedals.I think I've broken...three? Maybe four, I can't remember. All were RB1 pedals; the RB2 pedal has held up surprisingly well."
    Wish I could say the same about mine. My RB2 pedal is cracking under the metal plate. Yeah..."
    Well...then I guess I can still say that my RB2 lasted far longer than my RB1 pedal if it does end up breaking. : \
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Thunder

Its a plastic fake instrument...

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By dsplayer1010

The only problem i had was with the Rock Band one guitar, which stopped reading down strums

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Steven

My RB 1 instruments all crapped out, but all of my RB2 instruments work wonderfully.  A couple of the pads on the drums are a bit bubbled but it doesn't have any effect in gameplay.  My guitar hero 3 guitars are the only other instruments I have beside my RB2 stuff that works right, and that was after I had to move that chip in the neck closer so the buttons would work.  GH1, 2, world tour, and rock band1 stuff all don't work very well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.