Is there any way I could silence the pads?

#1 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

I'm using my Rock Band 1 drums to play, and they are too loud. I bought the Rock Band silencer for the drums and they don't  really work. Is there any thing else I could do to make my drums quiet? Make it under $10, please.

#2 Posted by joey (983 posts) -

Tell it to shut up.

#3 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

lol.

#4 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

BUMP

I need help!

#5 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Uh, well rubber and felt are the two options.  Which one do you have?  Use the other one I guess.  I bet you can find one of them by a quick google search.

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I saw drum silence pads in HMV last week. Do they sell them in America?

#7 Posted by Timma1083 (566 posts) -

I use the sock mod shown above....although it doesn't quiet them that much, but it makes them more sensitive and work better =D

#8 Posted by OneEyedNinja7 (797 posts) -

The sock mod only works on a certain type of kit though. Otherwise, you might damage your pads.

#9 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -

Roll tissues and tape em around the ends of your sticks?

#10 Edited by diz (918 posts) -
OneEyedNinja7 said:
"The sock mod only works on a certain type of kit though. Otherwise, you might damage your pads."
Damage your pads? You'd be more likely to damage your socks!
#11 Posted by lebkin (330 posts) -
#12 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -
lebkin said:
"Rock Band Drum Silencer Pads

I know several people who own these and everyone has given them glowing reviews.  Hope they help you."
Hey idiot! Read my post!
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"I'm using my Rock Band 1 drums to play, and they are too loud. I bought the Rock Band silencer for the drums and they don't  really work. Is there any thing else I could do to make my drums quiet? Make it under $10, please."

#13 Posted by DoctorTran (1556 posts) -
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"lebkin said:
"Rock Band Drum Silencer Pads

I know several people who own these and everyone has given them glowing reviews.  Hope they help you."
Hey idiot! Read my post!
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"I'm using my Rock Band 1 drums to play, and they are too loud. I bought the Rock Band silencer for the drums and they don't  really work. Is there any thing else I could do to make my drums quiet? Make it under $10, please."

"

Whoa! Chill out buddy.
#14 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
Roger_Klotz said:
"

I have friends that have used socks and rubber bands to silent the pads.
Something like this

"
I first thought that was a joke post.  Well, I LOL'ed when I saw it 
#15 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"Roger_Klotz said:
"

I have friends that have used socks and rubber bands to silent the pads.
Something like this

"
I first thought that was a joke post.  Well, I LOL'ed when I saw it "
No joke. I think IBitePrettyHard used to do that with the Rock Band 1 drums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.