Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

LEGO Rock Band Announced (No, Seriously)

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

Rhythm Based Music Game Snaps Together Best-Selling Franchises to Create Fun Family-Friendly Experience for All Ages

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games are joining forces with the LEGO Group, Harmonix and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE:VIA)(NYSE:VIA.B), to merge two of the most popular videogame franchises with the creation of LEGO® Rock Band®. The unique family-friendly music experience is currently in development by TT Games in partnership with Harmonix, and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game, which will allow families, tweens and teens to experience a wild journey to rock stardom where they can “Build a Band and Rock the Universe,” will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ home videogame console. LEGO Rock Band for Nintendo DS™ will be co-developed by TT Games and Harmonix in partnership with Backbone Entertainment, a Foundation 9 Entertainment studio. All versions are scheduled for release holiday 2009.

LEGO Rock Band combines the multiplayer music experience of Rock Band® with the fun, customization and humor of the LEGO videogame franchise packed with brilliant chart-topping songs and classic favorites suitable for younger audiences, including:

Blur:           “Song 2”

Carl Douglas:

“Kung Fu Fighting”

Europe:

“The Final Countdown”

Good Charlotte:

“Boys and Girls”

Pink:

“So What”

Players will become rockers as they embark on a journey to stardom that the whole family can enjoy as they work their way through local venues, stadiums and fantasy locations on Earth and beyond that mimic the imaginative settings that the LEGO world offers. Also continuing the LEGO “build-and-play” gaming experience, players will be able to create their own LEGO Rock Band style as they customize their minifigure avatars, band and entourage, including roadies, managers and crew. LEGO Rock Band supports Rock Band instruments, as well as other music game controllers.

LEGO Rock Band combines two compelling properties and creates an experience that family members of all ages will enjoy playing together as a group,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “Harmonix and MTV Games are the world experts in music gameplay, and we’re genuinely thrilled to bring the unique and humor-filled LEGO experience to their Rock Band universe.”

“We’re thrilled to offer another LEGO branded gaming experience that will deliver humorous and social play for families and friends,” said Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, Vice President, the LEGO Group. “LEGO Rock Band is built around the same values of imagination and family-friendly creative role play that is present in other LEGO videogames. It will deliver innovative new elements of game play that complement the fun of the Rock Band experience.”

Rock Band is a social game experience that crosses every generation and every genre of rock,” said Bob Picunko, Senior Vice President of Electronic Games for MTV Games. “Harmonix and MTV Games are big fans of the LEGO game franchise and excited to work with TT Games to develop a new take on Rock Band that focuses on great music and LEGO humor that’s fun for the whole family.”

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm curious to see how they do it on the DS. I can imagine it being a mix between Rock Band Unplugged, and the Tap Tap, which would be quite cool.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Timma1083

Honestly, I will buy this as long as all the DLC works on it (including AC/DC and RB1) and RB2 exports to it (Well, maybe not as important, but oh well)

Also, am I the only one excited we are actually getting The Final Countdown and Song 2?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Timma1083 said:
    "RB2 exports to it (Well, maybe not as important, but oh well)"
    I'd want to be able to export Lego RB songs to RB2 rather than the other way around. That would keep Rock Band 2 as the definitive version of rock band, that you can access all the songs from. They could also include a RB2 Lego graphical skin, that while it wouldn't be as advanced as the Lego RB game, you could still get lego graphics on RB2. I know it's not very likely, but I really like being able to do everything from the one disk.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iamjohn

Wtf Song 2 and Final Countdown?

I better be able to transfer songs into Rock Band 2 OR ELSE.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Timma1083
    MattyFTM said:
    "Timma1083 said:
    "RB2 exports to it (Well, maybe not as important, but oh well)"
    I'd want to be able to export Lego RB songs to RB2 rather than the other way around. That would keep Rock Band 2 as the definitive version of rock band, that you can access all the songs from. They could also include a RB2 Lego graphical skin, that while it wouldn't be as advanced as the Lego RB game, you could still get lego graphics on RB2. I know it's not very likely, but I really like being able to do everything from the one disk."
    For me, I don't care which way it goes. As long as I have one game that acts as a platform, I'm set. Even if it is the Lego game I'm totally fine with it as long as the ~500 songs I have are on one game.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By crunchUK

dont hit those drums to hard or they will fall to bits

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By daz0608
    iAmJohn said:
    "Wtf Song 2 and Final Countdown?

I better be able to transfer songs into Rock Band 2 OR ELSE.
    "
    I really hope I don't have to spend money on a full price game to get those songs
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Timma1083
    crunchUK said:
    "dont hit those drums to hard or they will fall to bits"
    I'm hoping this happens during a big rock ending. There are way too many possibilities they could do with this game to take advantage of the Lego aspect of the characters.
    daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By daz0608

It's also worth noting that this isn't going to be developed by Harmonix but by Travellers Tales, the guys who did the other lego game, obviously Harmonix will have input

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Snail

The last two bands are the worst bands ever, and the last song is the worst song to come out in many, many, many, many years.

I don't care if it is LEGO, or if it looks like a fun idea. Fuck this.

CONSIDERING IT WILL BE RELEASED OUTSIDE OF AMERICA WITHIN ONE YEAR, EH HARMONIX?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Daz0608 said:
    "It's also worth noting that this isn't going to be developed by Harmonix but by Travellers Tales, the guys who did the other lego game, obviously Harmonix will have input"
    It's far more complicated than that "Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games are joining forces with the LEGO Group, Harmonix and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks" There are a lot of companies involved in this game. I just hope that too many cooks don't spoil the broth.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By A Likely Story

I'll consider it. Ultimately my decision will be based off whether or not there's any exportation options (preferably to Rock Band 2) and the setlist itself, which ain't that great as of now.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

You know, as much as people on here are going to bash this, it's not really bad.
    If you were a little kid, wouldn't you want songs like these?

These seem to be kid friendly songs.  You're not the target audience here.  This is like a kid friendly complication cd, nothing wrong with that.  It's not kids bop...
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By RHCPfan24

"So What" is on it? I thought they put a classic jazz standard on it, haha. Still, "The Final Countdown" and "Song 2" are sweet tracks that I don't really want to get a full game to play it with. But, knowing me, I probably will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.