Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

New Beatles music game coming out Q4 2009

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

Edited By damnboyadvance

Let me make this clear first, yes, literally, a new Beatles music game will come out.

Now, Harmonix has recently announced they will be creating a new game in an exclusive collaboration. It will be developed by Harmonix, and is planned to be released in Q4 2008 during the holiday shopping city. But one thing is being made clear, this will not be a Rock Band title.

Harmonix co-founder, Alex Rigopoulos, had to say, "Let me make this clear. This game is not just a Rock Band expansion pack. It's a full, new music game built from the ground up." He said this referring to the AC/DC Rock Band track pack. He did confirm, though, that it will still be compatible with the Rock Band instruments as well as "instruments from other games." However, no instruments were mentioned.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By damnboyadvance

Let me make this clear first, yes, literally, a new Beatles music game will come out.

Now, Harmonix has recently announced they will be creating a new game in an exclusive collaboration. It will be developed by Harmonix, and is planned to be released in Q4 2008 during the holiday shopping city. But one thing is being made clear, this will not be a Rock Band title.

Harmonix co-founder, Alex Rigopoulos, had to say, "Let me make this clear. This game is not just a Rock Band expansion pack. It's a full, new music game built from the ground up." He said this referring to the AC/DC Rock Band track pack. He did confirm, though, that it will still be compatible with the Rock Band instruments as well as "instruments from other games." However, no instruments were mentioned.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By A Likely Story

It sure pisses me off, to be honest. I'll probably buy the game, but (if it is in fact true) if I can't play these songs on Rock Band, then Harmonix better start hiring a ton of customer service workers to answer all the complaint calls.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'll be annoyed if I can't import the songs into rock band 2, although the amount they keep going on about it not being a rock band game it's beginning to look like I'm going to be annoyed.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Dude, come on! It would make sense to make it an expansion to Rock Band, since HMX is building their huge "music catalog."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.