Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Rage here if Rock Band Network is not available in your country

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Tordah

What's the deal with Harmonix not expanding RBN to more countries? Do they not like money? There's literally nothing I want to buy of the "regular DLC" they put out. Meanwhile I'm looking at all the good stuff available on RBN and I could instantly pick out 5-10 songs that I would be interested in. 

Make it happen already!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'd guess that there are complicated licensing issues that they'd have to deal with if they put that stuff out in more countries. There are some good tracks on there, but honestly there's a lot better stuff on the regular store, imo.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tordah
    @JJWeatherman:  Yeah, hopefully it's just a question of time, but I think it's taking way too long. As for the song selection, that depends entirely on what kinda music you're into.
    Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Cramsy

Raging here that all Rock band instruments aren't available in my country.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Tordah said:
    " @JJWeatherman:  Yeah, hopefully it's just a question of time, but I think it's taking way too long. As for the song selection, that depends entirely on what kinda music you're into. "
    I guess. 

The regular Music Store has a pretty huge variety of genres though. If you really like obscure indie stuff or something, then I can see how you'd like RBN.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

It's not? wHere do you live? It's available here in Sweden, I checked it out once but I've never bought anything

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nasos100

I live in Greece and no rock band DLC is available. Its bad

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tordah
    @Cramsy:  Yeah, that's another thing. You can only buy RB1 instruments here still.

@JJWeatherman: Huge variety doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. It just means that the most popular and mainstream artists and bands from different genres are represented, because that's what sells. Like you said, RBN is more focused on underground and indie stuff, and that's the stuff I'm interested in.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tordah
    @Venatio: You should feel lucky then cause I think Sweden is the only Scandinavian country that has RBN. I'm from Finland, which makes it all the more annoying since we're your neighbours and you've had it for a long time (avundsjuka med andra ord :P).

What's even more annoying is the fact that there are several Finnish bands that have uploaded their music to RBN, and not even their fellow countrymen (which I assume a majority of any bands' fanbase consist of) can access it.
    stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By stackboy

RBN isn't available in Australia, I think because of our classification system. Apparently you can get around it by making a US account.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Tordah said:
    @JJWeatherman: Huge variety doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. ... "  
    You crazy.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tordah
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Tordah said:
    @JJWeatherman: Huge variety doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. ... "  
    You crazy. "
    I might be, but at least I explained why!
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By dbz1995
    @Stackboy said:
    " RBN isn't available in Australia, I think because of our classification system. Apparently you can get around it by making a US account. "
    I'm not entirely sure about that, to be honest-I bought RB DLC from England because I thought I had the English version of the game-turns out I had the American version, and it didn't work. Also, PSSupport didn't help me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.