Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

RB1 songs in RB2 clarification

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Big_D

So I was just wondering if after you pay your $5 and export the songs due you still need the RB1 disc? Will the RB1 songs come into play in the world tour? Or due you play them separately and have to load the RB1 disc after starting RB2?

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By A Likely Story

You do not need the RB 1 disc after exporting them. The songs are put on your hard drive, just like any DLC that you buy, and act no differently than regular DLC while playing World Tour.

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Big_D

Sweet

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

The only bad thing is that Enter Sandman, Paranoid, and Run to the Hills aren't included.  You still have a great deal with all of the other songs (for $5, nonetheless), but....I liked those songs ;)

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By LightYagami245

Do you have to have all the songs unlocked to have them all transferred, or could you just get the disc, not even go through the story, and get all the songs put in Rock Band 2?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By JJOR64
    Hobbies said:
    "You do not need the RB 1 disc after exporting them. The songs are put on your hard drive, just like any DLC that you buy, and act no differently than regular DLC while playing World Tour."
    Your talking about the game mode right?  I keep thinking of GH: World Tour every time I read this.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By A Likely Story
    LightYagami245 said:
    "Do you have to have all the songs unlocked to have them all transferred, or could you just get the disc, not even go through the story, and get all the songs put in Rock Band 2?"
    I don't think whether you have them unlocked or not will affect the transfer. The exportation just copies the song data from the disc onto your storage device, so having the songs unlocked or not shouldn't matter.JJOR64 said:
    "Hobbies said:
    "You do not need the RB 1 disc after exporting them. The songs are put on your hard drive, just like any DLC that you buy, and act no differently than regular DLC while playing World Tour."
    Your talking about the game mode right?  I keep thinking of GH: World Tour every time I read this."
    Oh God, yes, the game mode, not the game! D;
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By LightYagami245

Thanks for the clearing up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.