Rock Band 2 - European Thread!

#1 Posted by SaitenMar (64 posts) -

Considering theres still no release date for European Countries (are we surprised) thought I'd see about creating a thread to place any information we find out about its ''possible'' release!  A place for European Rock Band fans to discuss the sequels release whenever that'll be. I'm still saying a late 2009 release but it still wouldn't surprise me if we wait longer. Of course you can import the PS3 version no doubt, though I don't see the point to be honest as all my DLC is on my XBOX 360.

I hope we hear something soon, though I suspect we won't till early 2009. It does kind of feel like HMX treat us like Second Class citizens lol!

What do you fellow Europeans think?

#2 Posted by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

Well theyve kinda got no reason to hold the game back from us, especially considering that there is no game + instrument bundle at the moment. Its just the game on its own and instruments on their own.

#3 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

If it doesn't come out over here, import the disc only version. It will cost the same as actually buying it over here.

#4 Posted by Super_King (20 posts) -

I'm torn to be honest as in a way it would be better if they did release RB2 much later in order to spread out the two games. I still haven't bought Rock Band but I'm very close to caving - are the instruments in RB2 that much better that it's worth waiting for them?

#5 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

They should've never had released Rock Band here. Instead they should have released Rock Band 2 her a little earlier than in the USA.

#6 Edited by Hobbies (976 posts) -
Super_King said:
"I'm torn to be honest as in a way it would be better if they did release RB2 much later in order to spread out the two games. I still haven't bought Rock Band but I'm very close to caving - are the instruments in RB2 that much better that it's worth waiting for them?"
Well since it's not out yet no one can really answer that, unless you search around gaming websites for previews. The new drums (the official RB2 ones, not third party ones) seem to be improved nicely, but I can't really say that about the guitar; I hate the first one.
#7 Posted by Spencaroo (9 posts) -

I too believe that there is really no excuse for it to be released much later. I mean, sure they may want to spread the releases of the two games out which is fairly understandable but what about Guitar Hero? That finally hit Europe in April 2006 and they lashed out Guitar Hero 2 that same November for Europe so they should really do the same here. We will probably find its down to some lame licensing issue for Europe. DAMN YOU LARS ULRICH!!!!

#8 Posted by Landstander (5 posts) -

I think we're probably in our right to get abit snotty about this. I refused to get rock band instruments because of the late release and the stupid price. Also I'm holding out for the new drums and guitar, if the auto calibration works i'll be quite happy.
I'm hoping that we'll get an October release and cheaper perpetuals but i'm in no way holding my breath!

#9 Posted by Lozz (307 posts) -

They will probably release the game over here and keep the current instrument pack. Its easier to ship thousands of discs than drum sets. We'll probably see the new sets next year sometime.

#10 Posted by CrazyCraven (160 posts) -

What? no date!  Wasn't a world wide release announced ?

#11 Posted by SaitenMar (64 posts) -

I wouldn't mind if HMX just came out and gave a reason for not releasing it worldwide, but no! just shows you how much they do care for the European Rock Band fans. Also doesn't make financial sense, I know a good few PS3 fans who have given up on it ever reaching Europe.

Very poor of HMX and EA though, I expect that from EA but not from HMX..... gone down in my estermation a great deal.

#12 Posted by CarpetRemnant (369 posts) -

So it's out in the US in a week, anyone know anything about the European release yet?
I'm still excited for Rock Band 2s release next week though because there'll probably be some amazing DLC to go with it.

#13 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Can't you guys import it or something?

#14 Posted by CarpetRemnant (369 posts) -

Is it region free?

#15 Posted by MachoFantastico (4503 posts) -
Leakster said:
"Is it region free?"
The PS3 version will be Region Free, though its not out till November (Microsoft paying big bucks again to get it early). Sadly the 360 version is not, EA have a weird attitude towards that and are scared to death that someone not from the US would get one of their games early. Trouble is I have over 200+ songs now on the 360 version so I need to wait till we get RB2 out Next Year from all accounts. Though its worrying that HMX have said absolurely NOTHING! about it since the game was first announced. They didn't even mention ANY European release at that!

Apparently you'll still be able to download DLC fine, just won't be able to get RB2 till sometime in 2009. Which sucks big time, must be tough for EA to ship some discs over the sea and all! I'm not to bothered about new equipment as I hated the RB guitar anyway.
#16 Posted by Rowr (5480 posts) -

Im australian and im getting GHWT.

Im not even sure if we are ever going to see rockband 2 here, and if we do you can bet it will be a long way after GHWT.

Played an imported version of rockband at a mates house on the weekend at a party. Of course it was awesome, though i dont really care for the track list, and due to the region there is no access to DLC.

Also the strum bar on the guitar is awful for alternative picking, i prefer the GH design.

#17 Posted by CarpetRemnant (369 posts) -

:(
I don't have a PS3 so I guess I'm waiting till '09. Poo.

#18 Posted by Oni (2094 posts) -

It doesn't bother me THAT much, because I got Rock Band 2 months ago, and we can still download all the rock band 2 dlc. Including the free stuff after launch, I presume. There aren't that many on disc tracks I'm hot in the pants for (a bunch, though), so I can wait. I just think it's awesome we can still play RB2 DLC with the first game.

#19 Posted by CarpetRemnant (369 posts) -

Yeah I'm totally stoked for the new DLC, I bet they've been saving some amazing stuff for the release of RB2. Those six albums just to start with :D

#20 Posted by MattyFTM (14347 posts) -

Didn't they say that it would be releasing at around the same time as the US? Like within a couple of months? Or maybe I imagined that. Or maybe they did say that and were lying. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 09 release either.

Moderator Online
#21 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I imagine i'll buy the RB2 equipment from the US of A and just buy the first game here then when the RB2 game decides to show its face in the PAL territory, i'll pick up the game on its own too. Seriously though, it's 2008, region coding shouldn't exist anymore.

#22 Edited by MachoFantastico (4503 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Didn't they say that it would be releasing at around the same time as the US? Like within a couple of months? Or maybe I imagined that. Or maybe they did say that and were lying. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 09 release either."
No, when they first announced Rock Band 2 there was quite a few media outlets reporting that Europe would see a near exact same release date. But HMX actually shocked the world and dismissed the matter and said Europe had no current release date, which was a shock considering the lack of answers they gave fans for so many months of the European Rock Band 1 game.

This Thread as some great info about a possible release, there as been hints at a October 31st release date (which is on a Friday) and thats been found through a few retailers, but these ''rumours'' because thats what they are, have been heard all before with Rock Band 1. Theres also been rumours of the game coming out in November to compete with GH:WT though I don't see the point in releasing the US Version if they were to do that.

Check the thread out! some interesting info.
#23 Posted by elektrixx (308 posts) -
Rowr said:
"Im australian and im getting GHWT.

Im not even sure if we are ever going to see rockband 2 here, and if we do you can bet it will be a long way after GHWT.

Played an imported version of rockband at a mates house on the weekend at a party. Of course it was awesome, though i dont really care for the track list, and due to the region there is no access to DLC.

Also the strum bar on the guitar is awful for alternative picking, i prefer the GH design."

It's very unfortunate for us. I'm also getting the GHWT bundle and really want to buy the RB & RB2 discs as well, but neither have an official release date, with Rock Band 2 not even getting a mention.

If I can at least get one of them I can use the DLC.
#24 Posted by Shasam (468 posts) -

I have no idea why they're not just releasing the software in Europe at this point. Maybe it's a localisation thing, but when it's software only in the US and there are instruments already on the European market which are compatible with the game (I.E The Rock Band 1 instruments) then why not just give us the game?

I really don't want to have to wait 6 months again and then be given 10 or so, mostly lame, songs to make up for it. I love Rock Band to death, and I respect Harmonix greatly, but at some point they have to start releasing there games on a world wide release date.

#25 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -

Come on, giving me the option in RB1 to transfer my songs to the hard-drive is irritating. Like a 'well.....we might give it to you......' Grrrr!

When when when??

#26 Posted by MachoFantastico (4503 posts) -
Shasam said:
"I have no idea why they're not just releasing the software in Europe at this point. Maybe it's a localisation thing, but when it's software only in the US and there are instruments already on the European market which are compatible with the game (I.E The Rock Band 1 instruments) then why not just give us the game?

I really don't want to have to wait 6 months again and then be given 10 or so, mostly lame, songs to make up for it. I love Rock Band to death, and I respect Harmonix greatly, but at some point they have to start releasing there games on a world wide release date."
I believe HMX have already hinted that they expect to get RB2 out before Christmas. They have to with GH:WT on its way. It would be a big blow for them if they didn't get it out in time. GH:WT is going to sell well thats for sure but it will have a tougher time if RB2 gets a European Release date! Folk will probably only be able to afford one set of new equpments... I might pick up the new RB2 equipments if the price is fair and not a total rip-off like before.

Sadly though HMX/EA have shown with the original that they don't peticularly care a great deal about there European Audience so who knows when we will see it.
#27 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

my advice is when it finally comes out. DONT DONT DONT buy it unless its a fair price.

#28 Edited by Tricky69 (298 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.