Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Semi-confirmed rumor: Green Day Coming To Rock Band

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

from Kotaku:

"During Kevin and Bean's Breakfast with Green Day this morning on KROQ 106.7 FM, Green Day confirmed that they'll be doing

When an audience member asked them when their songs would be appearing in Rock Band, lead singer Billy Joe had the following to say: "Uh yeah, we're doing a whole Green Day Rock Band...uh." Uh? Is that a track pack, or a full game add-on? We've contacted Harmonix for more information, but until then all we have is "uh", along with this stunning revelation of the release date for "uh":

I'm not sure...soon. Like I think not this week, but this year soon...by the end of this year.

This of course leads us to the obvious question: how has Rock Band gotten away without having Green Day for this long?"

I like Green Day quite a bit, so I'm pretty happy to hear that they'll be in Rock Band.  They've certainly been a glaring ommission from RB and GH.  Truth be told, though, I'd probably only buy a 3 or 6 pack of songs.  I can't imagine playing an entire track pack of their music.

Edit: Oh, and the awkward first paragraph cutoff was Kotaku's error, not mine.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Goody Gumdrops.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Timma1083

Give me Holiday and Basket Case and I'll be a happy camper.

I want to see how different it feels to play Holiday in Rock Band and Holiday on a Tuba :P

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By skrutop
    @Timma1083:  Basketcase would be great on drums.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By A Likely Story

Not really a Green Day fan...I didn't even think they were still a big deal, I thought their fad was over for a while, but I guess not.

Anyway, I wouldn't care if they released some Green Day DLC, but a whole game for Green Day would be just downright bad.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Timma1083
    @Hobbies said:
    Anyway, I wouldn't care if they released some Green Day DLC, but a whole game for Green Day would be just downright bad. "
    Even though I find Green Day decent, I have to agree, a full game of Green Day would be pretty bad. I'm hoping it's like the AC/DC Track Pack deal.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By keyhunter

They're like my least favorite band.  Hooray.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Megalon

It's got to be a track pack. I know some people like Green Day a lot, but...I just can't see how they would make a whole game around them. In any event, I'd buy some Dookie tracks without much hesitation. 

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VWGTI

I'd buy a Green Day Rock Band game, but I can't see that happening so I'll assume it's DLC. Either way I'm all over it so long as it's pre-American Idiot.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Bass

Dookie is a pretty sweet album. I wouldn't mind if they just released that outright like they did for a few other bands.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Drebin_893

Or I could vomit.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @keyhunter said:
    " They're like my least favorite band.  Hooray. "
    Whether you like them or not, it's hard to deny that their tracks will feel great with the game.  Their general composition is super fast-paced and amazing.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

Cool, but there are a lot of other bands I would like to see instead of them. Still, their new album is pretty good. It would work well on RB.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Keyser_Soze

You all liked Green Day until they made 'American Idiot' and then they offended some of you guys.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Phished0ne

should i start calling them Acti-monix yet?  

but on a serious note, Green Day, really?
    the only Green Day album i needed was Dookie...and maybe Nimrod...
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By mattysen

Old school green day from the 1990s uyes. New, sold out Greenday from the 2000's no thank you

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Tylea002

Words cannot describe how happy this thread has made me. Put in the entirety of 21st century breakdown. And American Idiot. Oh and Warning. And Nimrod. And Insomniac. And Dookie. Throw in their early EPs for good measure. OH, and Shennanigans. And the American Idiot B-Sides, shoplifter ruled.

YEAH!

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By skrutop

So you might have seen Ryan's news article that there's a 3-pack of songs from 21st Century Breakdown coming in July, with more Green Day "songs and projects" coming in the future.  So it's still up in the air as to what all Green Day and Harmonix have planned.

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By GleasonRyan
    @Phished0ne said:
    " should i start calling them Acti-monix yet?  

but on a serious note, Green Day, really?
    the only Green Day album i needed was Dookie...and maybe Nimrod...
    "
    BIG BIG BIG difference between what Harmonix is doing compared to what Activision is doing. There is nothing wrong with putting songs from a band on a disc as long as you can export them. Like the Track Packs they have been putting out for some time now. Activision whores out the guitar hero franchise by putting a new game out every other month and not letting the player export the songs to a main game ie. World Tour.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I <3 Green Day.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Phished0ne
    @www1221:  Yeah, i understand, just making a cheap jape.   I just  don't understand the mode of thinking, on Green Day's part (if they release a disc based pack in addition to the DLC that was announced).  The price was around the same for the AC/DC pack as it would've been as DLC. I can kind of understand it from AC/DC as they dont like digital thing. 

But, blah Green Day, and unless they announce Dookie or Nimrod i will continue to be blah about it. Great for people that like Green Day though, i'm sure they are excited as i was when  i got my one Phish song(there needs to be more of that,  Harmonix!).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.