Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Solos?

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By A Likely Story

A question to you current RB 2 owners:

I know there are drum solos, does the bass get any? I'd love to see some more bass appreciation, especially since the drums solos that I've seen are not even really what I'd call solos.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Timma1083

Yeah, the only drum solo's I've found are in Cool For Cats, Painkiller, and We Got the Beat. I haven't seen any Bass or Vocal solos yet either.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By A Likely Story

I can understand having no vocal solos, since that would basically be hit or miss (they probably wouldn't last more than two or three phrases).

Actually, this brings up another question...I assume drum (or bass/vocal) solos are only included on the Rock Band 2 songs and now future DLC, right? Or has Harmonix released some sort of patch to edit in other solos for past RB songs?

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tds418
    Timma1083 said:
    "Yeah, the only drum solo's I've found are in Cool For Cats, Painkiller, and We Got the Beat. I haven't seen any Bass or Vocal solos yet either."
    There's a drum solo in The Trees too. 
    As far as I know, there aren't any bass solos. And I don't think there are any drum solos in past RB songs, though I may be wrong.
    fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By fryedrycestyle

I could've sworn Harmonix said there would be solos for every instruments now... Don't know what happened to that. But yeah there is also a drum solo in Spoonman.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#6  Edited By KillerFly

E-Pro and Painkiller also have drum solos.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By papercut

spoon man has a solo for drums

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.