Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Video Game Music on the Rock Band Network?

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

It's nice to hear that  'Splosion Man got some DLC up on the Rock Band Network.

But what do you guys think?  Do you want to see more Video Game related music popping up on the network, or are you more all about the actual music made by bands?

I'm personally for the former.  In fact, I'd love to see some classic video game themes put up on there.
    Not so much old-school Sonic or Mario themes, but well... I guess mostly Capcom stuff.

Here's a list of some video game tracks I'd like to see up there, complete with youtube videos:

Ken's Theme ( Street Fighter II) - I'm not sure if this is an official guitar arrangement or not, but I'm sure Capcom could do some re-recording for it.

Dr. Wily's Stage 1 ( Mega Man 2) - This is once again, a guitar version of the song, but oh man, this theme is classic.
      The Moon ( DuckTales) - Capcom once again, this is probobly one of my favorite video game songs of all time.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By skrutop

Variety is the spice of life.  Put 'em all up there.

Tornac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Tornac

It doesn't really matter to me. I'll play the VG themes I like, but then there will be all those other songs by bands I like too. If I like the music, I'll buy it and play it, no matter if it is a Video game theme or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.