Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Will the ION drums come with the real drum "brain"

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24

I just went on to the Drum Rocker website because I am interested in this cool product.  It says the drums can be played as an electronic kit but doesn't say if the brain thing is included with the kit itself.  For $300, I would expect it to come with the thing, but sometimes they get ya.  Anyone know the real story?

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By A Likely Story
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

Actually, I just checked the website and it looks like the module might be separate.  Even worse, the drum module costs upwards of $300 additionally!  That is total bullshit and goes against the "gamer to drummer" vibe the set has been going for.  I don't think anyone will honestly buy an addon that expensive for a game controller.  Hopefully something will change in the meantime making the drum set cheaper.  

charma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By charma

Yep, the module is separate. You're looking at upwards of $900 with the module, and some extras.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#5  Edited By vigorousjammer

for $900 I could buy some awesome, quality REAL drums! probobly with a shitload of cymbals, too... and like, 5 tom-toms

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

RHCPfan24 said:
    "I just went on to the Drum Rocker website because I am interested in this cool product.  It says the drums can be played as an electronic kit but doesn't say if the brain thing is included with the kit itself.  For $300, I would expect it to come with the thing, but sometimes they get ya.  Anyone know the real story?"
    ok, 300$ is a good price for that kit even though you have to buy another pedal if you want to have a "fully" working set (kick and hat pedals) but you can find a cheap electronic kick thing at musicans friend for like 50$, and the module will have to be bought seperatly, i got a module for like 130$ on ebay though. so its not that bad. i just hope the drums are as good as ion says they are. im gonna wait for reviews
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Otacon

Thats the price of electric drumkits I'm afraid.

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Steven

Yeah, pretty standard fare.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.