Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Would anyone care for this song for DLC

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Blueprint12
    http://www.imeem.com/people/t3ZPTF6/music/XdJk4N-Q/marcus-miller-panther/

Pretty smooth jazz song...I think this song would be a blast for drummers and bass players.

I just think since they just started to add funk to rock band, wouldn't be so bad if they also put in some jazz since Marcus Miller is a pretty kick ass bassist and I'm sure there are others that can translate well into the game.

What do you guys think?? If not this song, at least a jazz track pack??
    LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By LackLuster

No, I think it's called Rock Band for a reason

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By chronicsmoke

I think its a great idea,yeah its called rockband but that hasent stopped them from putting dixie chicks on there

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Blueprint12

Well a lot of genres have rock mixed in them somehow...I mean you have Dixie Chicks who are country but the guitar on their song is really insane you would have to be super expert to beat it.  You also got Stevie Ray Vaughan, who's a blues artist, that has insane songs on guitar too.  They're even putting Snoop Dogg in the game, which I find weird and I'm wondering how they're gonna translate him into the game.

Like I said too, Panther would be an excellent song for drummers and bassists especially towards the end where the drums start to kick in a whole lot more.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

Sounds good. I would buy it. Sounds hard on drums but the hard songs are always the most fun, trying to master. There's definitely room for songs like this imo because what would you rather have: 2, 3, 4 separate games titled, rock band, funk band, jazz band, etc. or one game that has it all? I like the direction Harmonix is going including new, sometimes strange genres every now and then. The only time I was disappointed was when I heard the Beatles was it's own game as opposed to DLC. I hope they let you import it like they did in AC/DC.

Besides this though, I can't wait to get my hands on the new Ten album. don't have any ms points right now but i'll buy some in the next couple days.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I personally definitely wouldn't buy it, but maybe there's a market for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.