thagrateone's Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360) review

This game is alright.

If you liked the 1st one, you will like the second.   The only thing I really don't like about this one is you have to play some areas that require you non-stop play of 5 plus songs in a row.  When you choose songs to play, you have to play the same songs over and over if you aren't careful you could hear a song 3 times in a small amount of time.  The on-line is much improved from part one....and I really don't know why they didn't get the world tour multiplayer right on part one....unless they wanted to do that to make money is that EA's way?   The other part I have to say I don't agree with is a lot of the songs are not cool...I mean WE GOT THE BEAT are you serious...when you pay the song it really don't look right having a guy sing that one...should have a swap out....but there are some songs that really aren't fun to play...or the songs just suck in general.  Last thing i don't like is to much flashing mixing in with the note giving me a headache.  I don't get headaches often, but I mean they have to much lighting around when you have to stare at the notes coming down.

The positives...The options are nice, sounds do hit on the right songs, and a mode to speed up the expert to make it faster was a good feature(breakneckspeed).

It really don't stand out due to being something you have played before...but it is another quick $60 to spend.