Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

11/2 DLC: Rush

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

from hmxhenry on rockband.com: 

Rush – “Subdivisions” X
    The Doors – “Light My Fire” X
    The Doors – “Riders on the Storm” X
    The Doors – “Touch Me” X
    The Doors – “Hello, I Love You” 
    The Doors – “L.A. Woman” 
    The Doors – “Love Her Madly” 
    The Doors – “Love Me Two Times” 
    The Doors – “Peace Frog” 
    The Doors – “People Are Strange” 
    The Doors – “Roadhouse Blues” 
    The Doors – “Soul Kitchen” 
    The Doors – “The Crystal Ship” 

(All tracks are original master recordings)
    (These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Nov. 3)     
     $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
    $0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.75 EU per song for Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
    $19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1,600 Microsoft Points, 2,000 Wii Points) for The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition

So this morning's announced Rush track is the only new song next week.  The change to the Doors is that you can get them individually, and Light My Fire, Riders on the Storm, and Touch Me won't be free anymore (so get them now!).  Take note that Subdivisions will have pro guitar/bass.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

Woah woah woah............. woah. Next week? 

... I'm gonna go cry now.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @ShaggyChu said:
    " Woah woah woah............. woah. Next week?  ... I'm gonna go cry now. "
    Yeeeeah. Ah well, it's worth waiting for. 

So, to clarify, future DLC with keys and pro-keys support will still be $2, but to add pro-guitar and pro-bass it'll be an extra dollar?
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By falconer
    @JJWeatherman: I was wondering the same thing. I would guess so, since keys aren't mentioned.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By skrutop
    @JJWeatherman said:

"So, to clarify, future DLC with keys and pro-keys support will still be $2, but to add pro-guitar and pro-bass it'll be an extra dollar? "

Yes, that's true.  At least you don't have to make that decision right away; you can get the regular song then add pro guitar later if you feel like learning a new song.  I like that.  I was worried that you'd have to buy one version or the other.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269

I hope they add 2112 sometime as a way to stick it to Guitar Hero even more.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @skrutop said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

"So, to clarify, future DLC with keys and pro-keys support will still be $2, but to add pro-guitar and pro-bass it'll be an extra dollar? "

Yes, that's true.  At least you don't have to make that decision right away; you can get the regular song then add pro guitar later if you feel like learning a new song.  I like that.  I was worried that you'd have to buy one version or the other. "
    Yeah, that's a really cool way to handle it. Thank you, Harmonix!
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By A Likely Story

I'm guessing this is a teaser for more Rush DLC to come (or old DLC to be patched?). Seems odd that they'd just throw one mere track in the same week as The Doors.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Timma1083
    @Hobbies said:
    " I'm guessing this is a teaser for more Rush DLC to come (or old DLC to be patched?). Seems odd that they'd just throw one mere track in the same week as The Doors. "
    I hope its a teaser. Honestly Subdivisions should've been Song #84 on the setlist, and the fact that it has Pro instruments charted just provides all the more reason it should've been included on disc.

i'm still buying it though...
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By falconer
    @Timma1083: I agree that it should have been on the disc. I was shocked (well, mostly disappointed) when I saw it wasn't on the set list. It's fine that they put out sets/full albums by artists right after launch. But yeah, any singles put out this soon were done soon enough to have been put on the disc. 

While I would pay literally ANY amount of money for more Rush in Rock Band, I don't think this is really any sort of definitive indication that there's more to come.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @ShaggyChu said:

" @Timma1083: I agree that it should have been on the disc. I was shocked (well, mostly disappointed) when I saw it wasn't on the set list. It's fine that they put out sets/full albums by artists right after launch. But yeah, any singles put out this soon were done soon enough to have been put on the disc.  While I would pay literally ANY amount of money for more Rush in Rock Band, I don't think this is really any sort of definitive indication that there's more to come. "

You should keep in mind that they just launched effing Rock Band 3(!). That means more players potentially visiting the Music Store than ever before, and they need some draw to get people in there. At least Harmonix isn't an evil company. If that were the case, we would probably get all no-names on disc and all the good stuff would be DLC.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By falconer
    @JJWeatherman: Ooooh, this is true.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Timma1083
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:

" @Timma1083: I agree that it should have been on the disc. I was shocked (well, mostly disappointed) when I saw it wasn't on the set list. It's fine that they put out sets/full albums by artists right after launch. But yeah, any singles put out this soon were done soon enough to have been put on the disc.  While I would pay literally ANY amount of money for more Rush in Rock Band, I don't think this is really any sort of definitive indication that there's more to come. "

You should keep in mind that they just launched effing Rock Band 3(!). That means more players potentially visiting the Music Store than ever before, and they need some draw to get people in there. At least Harmonix isn't an evil company. If that were the case, we would probably get all no-names on disc and all the good stuff would be DLC. "
    I guess I'm just a little mad that a band like The Muffs, who never make an interesting song for Rock Band, got a spot whereas Rush didn't. I'm more mad about the lack of genre-diversity in the setlist, as 1 Prog and 0 Grunge songs doesn't really sit well with me.

I'm still glad it's coming, but some of the decisions Harmonix makes really just baffles me.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Timma1083 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:

You should keep in mind that they just launched effing Rock Band 3(!). That means more players potentially visiting the Music Store than ever before, and they need some draw to get people in there. At least Harmonix isn't an evil company. If that were the case, we would probably get all no-names on disc and all the good stuff would be DLC. "
    I guess I'm just a little mad that a band like The Muffs, who never make an interesting song for Rock Band, got a spot whereas Rush didn't. I'm more mad about the lack of genre-diversity in the setlist, as 1 Prog and 0 Grunge songs doesn't really sit well with me.  I'm still glad it's coming, but some of the decisions Harmonix makes really just baffles me. "
    I definitely agree about The Muffs. gtfo Muffs!  :P 

If you need more grunge and prog, go download 'Ten' and 'Moving Pictures'. That's what I did.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Timma1083
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @Timma1083 said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:

I guess I'm just a little mad that a band like The Muffs, who never make an interesting song for Rock Band, got a spot whereas Rush didn't. I'm more mad about the lack of genre-diversity in the setlist, as 1 Prog and 0 Grunge songs doesn't really sit well with me.  I'm still glad it's coming, but some of the decisions Harmonix makes really just baffles me. "

If you need more grunge and prog, go download 'Ten' and 'Moving Pictures'. That's what I did. "
    Trust me, I did the same the day they came out :)
    petitfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By petitfool
    @Timma1083 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

" @Timma1083 said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:

If you need more grunge and prog, go download 'Ten' and 'Moving Pictures'. That's what I did. "
    Trust me, I did the same the day they came out :) "
    Okay, that's a little unfair. To clarify, I'm not a big Muffs fan, but it probably wasn't in their power to take up a spot instead of Rush; there could be a number of reasons why Rush wasn't on the disc, like legal contracts or sound mixing issues. At least you can download them onto the game now, right?
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Timma1083
    @m2cks said:
    " @Timma1083 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

" @Timma1083 said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:

Trust me, I did the same the day they came out :) "
    Okay, that's a little unfair. To clarify, I'm not a big Muffs fan, but it probably wasn't in their power to take up a spot instead of Rush; there could be a number of reasons why Rush wasn't on the disc, like legal contracts or sound mixing issues. At least you can download them onto the game now, right? "
    I'm not trying to say it's their fault, and if it's coming off like that I apologize. I'm just upset that a game that prominently features the keyboard has such a lack of genre diversity, where Southern Rock, Prog, and even some form of Electronica/Techno could've been put in to maximize the instrument's potential, but instead we have "Outer Space" which, in my opinion, is flat out boring no matter what instrument you're on and doesn't even have a keyboard part.  

I have nothing against the band personally, but I've had people over to play the game and whenever this song comes up in a random setlist or someone listens to the preview, every single time they ask me why its on disc.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falconer
    @Timma1083: I'm a little surprised that there wasn't a Freezepop song on there too. Especially considering their past with Harmonix, and the fact that they got their hands on that keyboard early to promote the game. I played Super Sprode the other day and it was even more fun on the keyboard.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By 234r2we232

Who's casting aspersion on Outer Space? >:(

I have a bunch of Rush songs in my game and only one by The Muffs. If you're saying the game is lacking diversity by wanting MORE Rush... well, I don't think that's how it works!

Edit: AND in terms of prog music, I would much rather have Opeth than more Rush :P

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Timma1083
    @ShaggyChu said:
    " @Timma1083: I'm a little surprised that there wasn't a Freezepop song on there too. Especially considering their past with Harmonix, and the fact that they got their hands on that keyboard early to promote the game. I played Super Sprode the other day and it was even more fun on the keyboard. "
    You just reminded me I haven't played Less Talk More Rokk on the keyboard yet. That needs to change.

Freezepop would've been cool to have on disc.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By 234r2we232

Anti- Muffs and Ramones statements?!

Very disappointed with this topic :(

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By damswedon
    @Wilkins_III said:
    " the songs all sound and play pretty similarly. Maybe it's for those into Pro guitar or something. "
    You hit the nail on the head there. Ramones songs were designed to be simple for fans to play with ease, it was a backlash to the Blues based music scenes at the time.
    As for the Muffs, well for the shit show that the post first wave of punk became they ain't all that bad. 
    Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Blueprint12

Yay!! Subdivisions on RB3!

Yeah I do agree that it should have been included on the disc but oh well.

Hopefully they release 2112 on Rock Band sometime in the future.  Either 2112 or Permanent Waves would be great.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By falconer
    @Blueprint12:
    Power Windows > Permanent Waves, just sayin' 

I would totally lose it if they put all of 2112 (the album, not just the song) in there. It would become the best game ever then. 

Ever.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By falconer

Is it sad that I'm more excited about this than I was for effing Halo? And I love me dem Haloz. I will potentially hop out of bed in the morning to play this. Very little can get a student out of bed in the morning. Well, other than maybe being late.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.