· Anarchy Club – “Get Clean”
· Bang Camaro – “Night Lies”
· Breaking Wheel – “Shoulder to the Plow”
· Libyans – “Welcome to the Neighborhood”
· The Main Drag – “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter”
· Speck – “Conventional Lover”
· The Sterns – “Supreme Girl”
· That Handsome Devil – “Rob the Prez-O-Dent”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Jan. 5)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “Johnny Cash Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii, and as “Rock Band Free Pack 01” on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price: 

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$13.49, £6.69 UK, €9.99 EU (1080 Microsoft Points, 1,350 Wii Points) for Johnny Cash Pack 01
FREE on Xbox and PlayStation 3 for Rock Band Free Pack 01

No "Ring of Fire," eh?  Well, it's Johnny Cash, it all rules.  The Harmonix bands' RB2 tracks are back.  Hooray?  Looking at that list, there aren't really many songs that I like all that much anymore.  Hey, free is free is good. 

Happy new year!
#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Well, it's good that they're bringing back those RB2 songs for free, but still... what's the deal with all the other RB2 songs that weren't transferred? Will they ever be available again? I NEED MORE JOURNEY, HARMONIX. NOT LESS!

#3 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Interesting. So the Harmonix bands won't have Pro Guitar? Will it even have keys support?

#4 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart:   I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure that the reason they were left off of the export was so HMX could add keys and harmonies.  So you should be able to "harmonize" on "Visions."  I'll be the dude going "Grr grr grr grr grr GRRRR!!!" and my wife will be all "Growl grrr growl growl GROWWWWWLLLLL"
#5 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Yay. Free! 

I'm not sure I can bring myself to keep buying DLC. It's too much.

#6 Edited by Falconer (1691 posts) -

I'm always up for some more Bang Camaro.  

*whispers* needs more Rush though...

#7 Posted by Blueprint12 (247 posts) -
@ShaggyChu said:
" I'm always up for some more Bang Camaro.     *whispers* needs more Rush though... "
2112 FULL ALBUM DLC!!!!!!!!

Or at least Permanent Waves
#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -
@Blueprint12 said:
" @ShaggyChu said:
" I'm always up for some more Bang Camaro.     *whispers* needs more Rush though... "
2112 FULL ALBUM DLC!!!!!!!!  Or at least Permanent Waves "
But Hemipheres is for the real men. That could just be the hardest Rush stuff in RB that you could do. 
#9 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" @sofacitysweetheart:   I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure that the reason they were left off of the export was so HMX could add keys and harmonies.  So you should be able to "harmonize" on "Visions."  I'll be the dude going "Grr grr grr grr grr GRRRR!!!" and my wife will be all "Growl grrr growl growl GROWWWWWLLLLL" "
I always heard it as GrrrrgeeeAAARGH growl growl ;)
#10 Posted by Falconer (1691 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Blueprint12 said:
" @ShaggyChu said:
But Hemipheres is for the real men. That could just be the hardest Rush stuff in RB that you could do.  "
As amazing as La Villa is, I don't want just 4 songs. 

Snakes and Arrows 
Vapor Trails 
Counterparts 
Permanent Waves 
Power Windows (personal pick partially) 

To me, those are the albums that would work with Rock Band from beginning to end.
#11 Posted by Blueprint12 (247 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Blueprint12 said:
" @ShaggyChu said:
But Hemipheres is for the real men. That could just be the hardest Rush stuff in RB that you could do.  "

Oh yeah huh??  La Villa Strangiato would be a real challenge.

2112 would be a great song to impossible tier almost everything too though.  I mean 20 minutes of pure epicness, at least drums and vocals will get impossible tier for 2112...the pro guitar and pro bass could get impossible tiering too probably but it's probably more for sure on drums and vocals.
#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -
@Blueprint12:  2012 would be great, but it could get tedious during the quiet parts. 
#13 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Let's not forget how Rush have been quite well represented in the game already. Variety is better :)

#14 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (550 posts) -

Ooh, 5 Feet High and Rising. I counted to five when I saw that on Sesame Street! I don't know if Johnny Cash is gonna be the most interesting for a video game, but here's hoping!  

Anyways, yay for free songs, but according to what I'm reading in the comments of dlcquickplay.com, none of those are gonna have pro-instrument/key support. What's up with that?

#15 Posted by GunstarRed (5213 posts) -

I'm glad these are finally coming out.  I never wanted to  have to spend money to get that 15 point achievement for playing 3 harmonix songs.
#16 Posted by Falconer (1691 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" Let's not forget how Rush have been quite well represented in the game already. Variety is better :) "
Objectively, I might agree. However, I'm going to have to respectfully tell you that your opinion is shit, as I want more Rush.
#17 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@thebipsnbeeps said:
"Anyways, yay for free songs, but according to what I'm reading in the comments of dlcquickplay.com, none of those are gonna have pro-instrument/key support. What's up with that? "
Yeah, that was a surprise.  I figured that they'd at least put in harmonies.  Well, whatever; they're free.
#18 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2508 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:

" Let's not forget how Rush have been quite well represented in the game already. Variety is better :) "

"Rush IS variety, man"
#19 Posted by Falconer (1691 posts) -
@Vigorousjammer: I like the way you think.
#20 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -

I used to be a huge Johnny Cash fan. Kinda weird seeing his songs in this game.

#21 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Note about the free pack; if you sort by "Date Acquired", the songs will still appear in the Rock Band 2 section. Crazy.

#22 Posted by DonChipotle (2768 posts) -

I like A Jagged Gorgeous Winter so I guess I am kind of stoked.

#23 Posted by brownsfantb (393 posts) -

Woo-hoo! The RB2 Harmonix songs are finally here!

#24 Posted by PerfidiousSinn (749 posts) -

I'm glad the bonus tracks made their way over, especially Rob The Prez-O-Dent.

Pro Drums is quite nice too, but I was hoping for harmonies (ESPECIALLY on Bang Camaro)

#25 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2508 posts) -

It's really weird that they didn't add anything to them...
why not just do it on the export?

#26 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Vigorousjammer said:
" It's really weird that they didn't add anything to them... why not just do it on the export? "
Two reasons wrapped up in one: Good and easy publicity for their bands.
#27 Posted by TobyD81 (1228 posts) -

Awesome to have these tracks back. I played the hell out of Shoulder To The Plow, and now I can again!

#28 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@skrutop:
 @sofacitysweetheart: 

Dudes, don't even fucking joke about that. Visions is the most fucking annoying song I've ever come across that isn't some shit pop band who guitar hero put on to appeal to the preteens who idolize them. Seriously, it's just so fucked up. I actually do better on that song with the game on mute.
#29 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@example1013: It helps if you squint at the screen while playing it ;D. 

I appreciate it being in the game because Harmonix had the guts to put it in RB2. It's not meant to be everybody's type of music, but the fact that it got put out there in the way that it did. is awesome and commendable. Here's to more Abnormality in Rock Band!
#30 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart: I don't mind it being in the game, as obviously I could just ignore playing it. But there are some achievements that I've never gotten for RB2, and never will get, because of that song. Especially on bass. 

I'll have to try that squinting trick next time.
#31 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@example1013: What Achievements? Visions actually got me the Score 100% on Expert Vocals one :P
#32 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart: Impossible Bass Challenge, Endless Setlist, and probably some setlist in the actual story mode as well. 

Thank God they decided some other song was hard enough to replace Visions for the Impossible Guitar Challenge, otherwise I'd have lost that one as well. Same for the Impossible Band Challenge.

And yeah, vocals are super-easy on that song, but that's about it. 

Actually, though, there is an even harder song in the game (at least DLC): They're Red Hot. My friend and I managed to somehow get 2 stars on it. I didn't even know it was possible to get 2 stars on expert until we played that song.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.