Disc songs you hate

• 65 results
#1 Posted by Burzmali (452 posts) -

I'm working my way through the 5-star everything on guitar goal, and I realized there are some songs on here that I absolutely hate. First off, Radar Love and Bohemian Rhapsody. This is probably because I'm working on guitar, since it's the long periods of not playing that make I hate about these two. I also don't like listening to either song, but I can forgive that when a track is fun to play (e.g. I generally can't stand the Dead, but Alabama Getaway was fun in RB2). 

I also hate Llama and Antibodies. These are because of the erratic nature of the music. The pattern in both songs is either complex (more so than a normal song), or simply nonexistent. This means I may have to break down and take them into practice mode to finally 5-star them. At least LLama is a decent song, but Antibodies is obnoxious. 

So... any RB3 disc songs that others here hate?

#2 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

I love Bohemian Rhapsody, but it's actually a pain in the ass on vox because some points of the song are hard to pin down what's melody and what's harmony. 

Honestly, I haven't been playing the RB3 songs much.  I went and did a bunch of Road Challenges this weekend and for the most part I chose custom or random setlists rather than the setlists that were just the RB3 songs.

#3 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

...seriously, you don't like Bohemian Rhapsody? My mind is kind of blown, to be honest...the song is just masterful. Do you know what it is you don't like about listening to that song? 

Radar Love is fine, but it's not one of my favorites or anything. 

I actually haven't played Llama or Antibodies yet, but Llama is by Phish, right? It's no real pattern, Phish is a jam band. I don't remember who Antibodies is by. 

I personally haven't encountered any songs I hate yet, though. There's some older songs that I'd rather never play again ("In Bloom", "Rebel Girl") but I kept them on the hard drive in case somebody comes over and wants to play them. I've also not had the game for over a week (left it at a friend's house), and we've been focusing on playing the ones we really like so far.

#4 Posted by Burzmali (452 posts) -

I just heard/saw the video for Bohemian Rhapsody way too much when Wayne's World came out. I've been sick of it for over a decade. I know it's a good song, but I'm tired of hearing it.

#5 Posted by heatDrive88 (2275 posts) -
@Little_Socrates:  The genius about the Ratings system in there is a way to avoid encountering songs you know you'll never want to play in a randomized setlist.

If you put 1 point into any song, that song will never show up in any randomized choosing. Songs with anything from 2-5 will obviously show up more or less often depending on your rating. A song with no rating however, can also show up. Either way, putting one rating point into a song will guarantee it will never show up in any of your randomized choosings and can only be played if chosen directly.
#6 Posted by Donkey_Kong (109 posts) -

I'm amazed by the fact that people don't like radar love, its one of my top 5 favorites on the disc.

#7 Posted by Timma1083 (566 posts) -

The Muffs - Outer Space 
Pretty Girls Make Pretty Graves - Something Bigger, Something Brighter
Ravonettes - Last Dance
The Smiths - Stop Me If You Think....

Those are the only songs on disc that I don't like to listen to and don't enjoy playing. There are, however, plenty of songs I like to listen to but despise playing, such as Antibodies.

#8 Edited by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@heatDrive88 said:

" @Little_Socrates:  The genius about the Ratings system in there is a way to avoid encountering songs you know you'll never want to play in a randomized setlist.  If you put 1 point into any song, that song will never show up in any randomized choosing. Songs with anything from 2-5 will obviously show up more or less often depending on your rating. A song with no rating however, can also show up. Either way, putting one rating point into a song will guarantee it will never show up in any of your randomized choosings and can only be played if chosen directly. "

That's actually not entirely accurate. The songs rated one lighter are avoided almost completely, but will still show up in the case that there are no other suitable songs. Probably not a common scenario, but it can still happen. 

@Timma1083: I hate you for hating The Smiths.  :P
#9 Posted by heatDrive88 (2275 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: Oh, I guess that makes sense. I need to take another look at that legend again,

On topic of the OP, I actually can't think of a song I 'hate' playing. Of course I dislike some songs over the other, and some purely suck for playing certain parts (INXS on keys... ugh), but by no means do I hate them because I enjoy the music anyways.
#10 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

I don't much care for nearly every song from the last decade in the game (exceptions for Lasso, No One Knows, a couple others), but most are pretty fun to actually play, so no real complaints there. 

But for me, it's probably Need You Tonight that's the worst. I've always hated INXS and playing that song in Rock Band has not changed anything. Oh, and Rock Lobster, another song I don't like, NEVER ENDS. Ugh. 

Overall, though, I think they did a nice job with the soundtrack. A little too heavy on newer stuff, but that's cool. 

@Timma1083: How can you hate Outer Space?!?!?!? That song is the bestest.

#11 Posted by SMTDante89 (2552 posts) -

Beast and the Harlot mainly because it's the last song I need to 5-star on Expert to beat that goal.  When I finally get that done, I'll have to think about it more.

#12 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I have played Antibodies on every instrument. I hope I never have to play it ever again.

#13 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -
@Timma1083: How dare you say that about the Smiths. :P
#14 Posted by Timma1083 (566 posts) -

I just can't seem to understand why they're appealing... it just sounds like they repeat the same exact thing over and over again... and it is really boring to play.

Of course, that's my opinion. Feel free to hate on a band I like :P

#15 Posted by Sarumarine (2186 posts) -

People's tastes are wide and far, so I generally don't like topics accentuating the negative. However, it's always nice to speak your mind. I hope no one takes what I say personally. Just opinions here.

The song selection of Rock Band 3 is pretty awesome and there's a lot of great songs on there. But the only song can't possibly enjoy under any circumstances is the "Oh My God" one by Ida Maria. It's pretty repetitive without any real pay off. It's just  "Oh My God" repeating until the end of the song. I just can't bother to put any effort into it. It's kinda like "Welcome to the Neighborhood" from Rock Band 2 and "Electric Version" from the first Rock Band. It doesn't help that they're all strum heavy songs with no guitar solos (or variety) to spice up the unappealing lyrics.

#16 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
" People's tastes are wide and far, so I generally don't like topics accentuating the negative. However, it's always nice to speak your mind. I hope no one takes what I say personally. Just opinions here. The song selection of Rock Band 3 is pretty awesome and there's a lot of great songs on there. But the only song can't possibly enjoy under any circumstances is the "Oh My God" one by Ida Maria. It's pretty repetitive without any real pay off. It's just  "Oh My God" repeating until the end of the song. I just can't bother to put any effort into it. It's kinda like "Welcome to the Neighborhood" from Rock Band 2 and "Electric Version" from the first Rock Band. It doesn't help that they're all strum heavy songs with no guitar solos (or variety) to spice up the unappealing lyrics. "
I have taken what you have said here personally and I now oppose yourself and everything that you stand for.  :P 

I think that song's alright. It's catchy at least, but I really don't even remember what the charts are like, so I don't really have a conclusive opinion I guess.
#17 Posted by FlipperDesert (2082 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
" "Oh My God" by Ida Maria. "
I was skimming over the thread looking to see if any song names reminded me which ones I dislike on the disc and then I saw these words and now I feel a deep, burning rage. Ugh, I wish there was a way to reach into the screen and cram a sock down the singer's throat.

... Maybe in Rock Band 4 if it's Kinect-supported.
#18 Posted by Sarumarine (2186 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
I have taken what you have said here personally and I now oppose yourself and everything that you stand for. :P
"Damn you, JJWeatherman!"

@FlipperDesert:
Maybe with Rock Band Kinect, it will recognize a middle finger and immediately stop the song and move on to something else. Hopefully something better.

"Detecting a middle finger. do you want to skip this song?"
#19 Posted by Burzmali (452 posts) -
@FlipperDesert said:
" @Sarumarine said:
" "Oh My God" by Ida Maria. "
I was skimming over the thread looking to see if any song names reminded me which ones I dislike on the disc and then I saw these words and now I feel a deep, burning rage. Ugh, I wish there was a way to reach into the screen and cram a sock down the singer's throat.  ... Maybe in Rock Band 4 if it's Kinect-supported. "
Aw, that was one of the songs I'd never heard of that I enjoyed. :)
#20 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -
@Burzmali: Yeah, overdoing Bohemian can take a lot of the vitality out of it. I took about a year or so off from that point, though, and it got way better.
#21 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
" People's tastes are wide and far, so I generally don't like topics accentuating the negative. However, it's always nice to speak your mind. I hope no one takes what I say personally. Just opinions here. The song selection of Rock Band 3 is pretty awesome and there's a lot of great songs on there. But the only song can't possibly enjoy under any circumstances is the "Oh My God" one by Ida Maria. It's pretty repetitive without any real pay off. It's just  "Oh My God" repeating until the end of the song. I just can't bother to put any effort into it. It's kinda like "Welcome to the Neighborhood" from Rock Band 2 and "Electric Version" from the first Rock Band. It doesn't help that they're all strum heavy songs with no guitar solos (or variety) to spice up the unappealing lyrics. "
OH MYYY GODD
#22 Posted by Sarumarine (2186 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny: 
Heh, your reply coupled with hands up Rorie as your Avatar made me picture him singing "Oh My God".
#23 Posted by Caligula (174 posts) -

queen sucks

#24 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Caligula said:
" queen sucks "
Thanks, troll :)
#25 Posted by Caligula (174 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" @Caligula said:
" queen sucks "
Thanks, troll :) "
Freddie Mercury was the only good part of that band, he was an amazing vocalist. but one talented man does not a good band make.
#26 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -
@Sarumarine: XD
#27 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

The James Brown song "I Got You (I Feel Good) is spastic and annoying to me. It sounds like a Jazz Band is just playing what feels right, and it isn't coming together well. 

Llama by Phish suffers from a similar issue. It just reminds me of other songs in music games (  Suicidal Tendencies "Institutionalized" from GH2 comes to mind) that they put in the game to be hard because they didn't have much structure. Institutionalized grew on me after a bit, but it seemed like there were other songs they could have put on the disk, but they said "We need more hard stuff!" 

I could be missing some more that I dislike, as I have only played through on Easy Pro Keys thus far. I've played a lot more of that, but that is the structured, Rock Band 3 only progression I have under my belt.

#28 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

Honestly there are like 20 on disc songs I really hate but there are a lot more I like.
For example Space oddity on keys $140 justified!!

#29 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
"@FlipperDesert: Maybe with Rock Band Kinect, it will recognize a middle finger and immediately stop the song and move on to something else. Hopefully something better. "Detecting a middle finger. do you want to skip this song?" "
I want this, but only for the humor of it all.
#30 Posted by GunstarRed (5047 posts) -

Of the ones I'd never heard before I don't like The Phish, Primus and Dover songs at all. And I have always hated that Dire Straits song.
#31 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Caligula said:
" @sofacitysweetheart said:
" @Caligula said:
" queen sucks "
Thanks, troll :) "
Freddie Mercury was the only good part of that band, he was an amazing vocalist. but one talented man does not a good band make. "

Hi there.
#32 Posted by Mike_Sandbag (40 posts) -

Songs I don't enjoy listening to are Caught in a Mosh, False Alarm, Jerry Was a Race Car Driver and I Got You (I Feel Good). Songs that suck to play are Llama, Antibodies and a few others I can't recall at the moment but those two stood out to me. Antibodies is rated a 2 on guitar difficulty I think and that seems very low to me (thought admittedly I don't alt strum which could make it easier if I knew how to properly. Any tips?).  I really hate what they did to I Got You (I Feel Good). The original that everyone knows is so great! This 'Alternate Studio Version' sucks and it sounds like James Brown was wasted when he recorded it. Also why is the date 2010 on it?  Anyone know why they didn't use the real version? Perhaps the master was unavailable like with the Beach Boys?

Despite those songs though, there are seriously SO many good ones on Rock Band 3! I rated a ton of them 5 lighters, a bunch with 4, and only 4 with 1 lighter I think. :) Way to go Harmonix! Now just open up more character slots than 10 and allow PS3 users to access multiple profiles when playing locally. :)

#33 Posted by Burzmali (452 posts) -
@Mike_Sandbag said:
" Songs I don't enjoy listening to are Caught in a Mosh, False Alarm, Jerry Was a Race Car Driver and I Got You (I Feel Good). Songs that suck to play are Llama, Antibodies and a few others I can't recall at the moment but those two stood out to me. Antibodies is rated a 2 on guitar difficulty I think and that seems very low to me (thought admittedly I don't alt strum which could make it easier if I knew how to properly. Any tips?).  I really hate what they did to I Got You (I Feel Good). The original that everyone knows is so great! This 'Alternate Studio Version' sucks and it sounds like James Brown was wasted when he recorded it. Also why is the date 2010 on it?  Anyone know why they didn't use the real version? Perhaps the master was unavailable like with the Beach Boys?  Despite those songs though, there are seriously SO many good ones on Rock Band 3! I rated a ton of them 5 lighters, a bunch with 4, and only 4 with 1 lighter I think. :) Way to go Harmonix! Now just open up more character slots than 10 and allow PS3 users to access multiple profiles when playing locally. :) "
I do alt strum, and Antibodies isn't particularly easy for me. It's erratic and fast, so you can't get a pattern down and follow it.  

Anyway, if you really want to learn to alt strum, pick a chord-heavy song (The Con is the first one that comes to mind, since I played it this morning) and just force yourself to do it. I learned to alt strum in GH2 with Monkey Wrench. Don't slow it down in practice, just start it and go. If you will yourself to do it, you'll figure it out after playing the song 3 or 4 times, and then it's like riding a bike.
#34 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

There are songs I don't like playing (Fly Like an Eagle, In a Big Country), but thats mostly because expert guitar on some tracks is just a bummer, I've loved Fly Like an Eagle since I was a little child, and Antibodies is one of my fave new-to-me songs, but I have to play them on hard if I want to have a good time because they're just a chore.  

But I as far as songs I don't even want to hear go,  "Oh My God" jumps to mind.

25 or 6 to 4 and Radar Love are two of the songs I've been hoping to see in DLC since RB1.  If we get April Wine's "Sign of the Gypsy Queen" and Ten Years After's "I'd Like To Change The World" we could complete my classic rock radio playlist ;)

#35 Posted by Red12b (9081 posts) -

Lack of taste in this thread is disturbing...
#36 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

If you hate Bohemian Rhapsody, you must hate music, and as a result, hate Rock Band 3. 

But in seriousness, this is the downfall of a broader game like Rock Band. I looked throught the list and I know there were a few songs I really disliked, but that's life.

#37 Posted by kitsunezeta (84 posts) -

Llama, by a landslide, is the most despised song on the disc for me (the second being the version of I Got You (I Feel Good) that they used, but at least that one I can play and clear), and it is undertiered on drums. You heard me right: It is undertiered. How much so? Guns of Summer is ranked as harder on drums than Llama. I can 4-star Guns of Summer (I got the 13th spot on the Pro Drums leaderboard doing so - apparently, a LOT of people are having trouble adjusting to the cymbals on that one). I have to turn nofail on to last any considerable length into Llama, and I have to pretty much fake a seizure to 3-star the song.

#38 Posted by animathias (1172 posts) -
@Donkey_Kong said:
" I'm amazed by the fact that people don't like radar love, its one of my top 5 favorites on the disc. "

Never heard the song before playing RB3, and it's an alright sounding song, but it drives me absolutely bananas on keys. The first section gives you full overdrive, but you better not use it until waiting about 2 minutes into the song, or it's a complete waste. Not to mention it's the only "Easy" song I haven't gotten 3 or more stars on Pro Expert Keys because there is sooo much space between the keys parts, and it's not exactly a short song either. I'll be diving into the song trainer to learn they 3 or 4 chords they throw at you over the 3-4 keys sections, five starring it, then never, ever, playing it again on Keys.

The other songs I've 1 star reviewed so far are:

The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson

Before I Forget - Slipknot

Dead End Friends - Them Crooked Vultures

Du Hast - Rammstein

Need You Tonight - INXS

Whip It - Devo

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1 - The Flaming Lips

#39 Posted by Jumbs (236 posts) -

Antibodies is easily the worst song in the game. 

#40 Posted by ClaritySam (594 posts) -

I bloody hate Space Oddity,  Imagine is one of the most dull songs ever written and Angel in the Centerfold is also pretty annoying.

#41 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@ClaritySam said:
" I bloody hate Space Oddity,  Imagine is one of the most dull songs ever written and Angel in the Centerfold is also pretty annoying. "
You and I must fight to the death after that comment.  :P
#42 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

I 5*'ed all song on Bass and I have to say, most songs from a playability stand point are fun. If your talking listening stand point, this game is my least favorite On-Disc Rock Band. I grew to like a lot of the song.

#43 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2484 posts) -

Portions for Foxes... I hate it! absolutely hate it!!
nah... I guess I kinda like it... but it's also just cause I think of Jeff singing it.

A lot of the songs I hate come from the 2000's section...
"Oh My God" by Ida Maria
"Me Enamora" by Juanes
"False Alarm" by The Bronx
"Llama" by Phish (because I can't play it, not because it sounds bad)
"Antibodies" by Poni Hoax

those are the ones I absolutely don't like...
there are others that I don't think are good, but don't mind playing.

#44 Posted by TerraDelu (500 posts) -

One of the biggest reasons I have always preferred Rock Band to Guitar Hero is the setlists. RB always seems to have less metal, which for me at least, it no fun at all to play. Particularly on drums. The Anthrax song on RB3 on expert drums is going to keep me from ever 5 starring all the songs, and that is a total bummer. With difficult songs like the Phish song the difficulty is just in finding the right rhythm, where Caught in a Mosh is just a ball-breaking pain in the ass. I like a challenge, but those type of songs have always been nearly impossible for me.

#45 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5251 posts) -

The long ass ending of "Killing Moon" on expert pro drums.

I don't hate it, I just don't look forward to it as for some reason I just can seem to hit the timing right and everything goes to shit.

There aren't really any songs I can think of that I outwardly hate though. I'll have to keep playing, but right now my drums are fucked up and until I get a new set, RB3 is pretty much dead to me, mostly because it made me realize how horribly rusty I am when it comes to the guitar parts.

I've been watching the gf slowly become kickass at the keys though, so that's been fun.

#46 Posted by Tebbit (4450 posts) -

Llama is just a pain to play. It's ridiculous! The song itself is actually pretty catchy though. Not a huge fan of Oh My God either. 

I kinda like Antibodies. Suck it!

#47 Posted by PepeSilvia (84 posts) -

Stop me if you think you heard this one before but I absolutely hate Tegan and Sara.

(What?! You thought I was hatin' on The Smiths? Shame on you sir.)

#48 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I'd like to know who okay'd the featured version of I Got You (I Feel Good). I remember the song fondly, and that's not how it goes... 

#49 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Dude, I don't know, but I just looked over the soundtrack, and it freaking rules. I know there's quite a few songs I don't like, but I think most of those were imported from RB2. I can't tell you off the top of my head right now which ones I can't stand.

#50 Posted by damswedon (3175 posts) -

I love Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting but I hate playing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.