Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

DLC not compatible with RB3?

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By 234r2we232

As someone with way too many songs in their library, I admit that I probably couldn't list every single one from memory alone. Last year I had to manually re-download everything to a new Xbox HDD, I ended up temporarily losing Laid To Rest (sadface).

I did do a search on the Google with no luck, but does anybody know why some DLC is absent from my RB3 library? i admit, this is as far as I've looked. Again; lots of songs: But I have noticed Rock Your Socks (Ten. D) and The Wagon (Dino. Jr) to be missing - It's worth noting that these tracks are also not appearing on the RockBand.com leaderboards. I've tried re-downloading, and it says it's there on my HDD, it just lists it in the Music Store as Purchased rather than In Library.

Help :(
    Thanks

EDIT: And a thought, it would be nice if the Music Store had a dedicated section for music you've purchased. Really nice.

EDIT 2: 666, & Metal on Metal (Anvil) also appear to be suffering the same problem :(

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I really hope that none of my DLC is missing, because honestly I may never know. I have so much. Not sure what could be causing missing songs. Did you try deleting the songs from the dashboard and redownloading?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By SMTDante89
    http://www.rockbandaide.com/9610/top-ten-rock-band-3-faqs-answered-by-harmonix/

Specifically, questions 3 and especially 4:

3. Is there any explanation that you can give (or is one coming) addressing the disappearance of additional RB1 songs in RB3 (Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, Die Toten Hosen)?

[John] Drake actually just responded to this question earlier today, and I added it to the official export announcement for easy access. Here’s the link:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?204348-Rock-Band-2-to-Rock-Band-3-Export-Info

Basically, we weren’t able to support these songs for RB2 EU disc export which affected their transfer as DLC tracks in the US.

4. People have been mentioning other missing DLC (The Guess Who, Dinosaur Jr., Tenacious D are some examples). Is this a bug/glitch, or will these be permanently missing from Rock Band 3?

We’re working on a fix for these songs. There was an unexpected audio issue with these tracks, which are all part of the Week 96 DLC releases. We should have more info soon.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By 234r2we232
    @JJWeatherman:  I haven't tried deleting them, but I will!

The Music Store will list songs as In Library if they have been successfully added. Just scroll through the difficulty section and see. 

EDIT
    @SMTDante89: Ahhh. Thanks. 

That information should be up on the front page of their site, tho >:(
    Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Shasam

I am glad the second point is just a glitch, I hadn't noticed I was missing Tenacious D yet, but that would have bummed me out eventually. 

As for the Rock Band 1 songs, I don't get that answer at all. I read the post, and understand for Heir Kommt Alex and Rock n' Roll Star, but Soundgarden and Chillis don't make any sense, as they were main set-list, on disc tracks worldwide. I liked those 2 songs, so it's a shame. It would be nice to see a proper explanation.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#6  Edited By vigorousjammer
    @Wilkins_III said:
    " there's a rumour going around that there'll be a Guitar Hero: Chili Peppers. "
    Which is also probably why we didn't get "Give it Away" off of the Rock Band 2 disc.

Still, I find it kind of weird how they have to re-license those songs again... one re-license for an export onto the hard drive makes sense, but they should just be able to treat them like DLC at that point, which wouldn't require re-licensing.
    vogon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By vogon
    @Vigorousjammer said:
    "Still, I find it kind of weird how they have to re-license those songs again... one re-license for an export onto the hard drive makes sense, but they should just be able to treat them like DLC at that point, which wouldn't require re-licensing. "

never underestimate the perversity of record company executives. 

the licensing agreement -- at least for those songs -- probably includes language that limits their play to particular games.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Shasam said:
    "  As for the Rock Band 1 songs, I don't get that answer at all. I read the post, and understand for Heir Kommt Alex and Rock n' Roll Star, but Soundgarden and Chillis don't make any sense, as they were main set-list, on disc tracks worldwide. I liked those 2 songs, so it's a shame. It would be nice to see a proper explanation. "
    Soundgarden now has an exclusive partnership with Guitar Hero.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.