DLC Wishlist

• 68 results
#1 Posted by Blueprint12 (247 posts) -

Just figured I'd make it right now.

Anyways, title is self-explanatory, what songs/packs/albums/etc. do you want to have for Rock Band 3 DLC??

Here's a few of mine:
Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave
Black Sabbath - Paranoid (if they can get lucky finding a master or use a live track)
Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell
Rush - 2112 (whole album preferably)
Rush - Spirit of Radio
Rush - Subdivisions
Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Ozzy Osbourne - Desire
Ozzy Osbourne - Flying High Again
Ozzy Osbourne - I Don't Know 
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama I'm Coming Home

#2 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

Relationship of Command album by At the Drive-In 
Make Yourself or A Crow Left of the Murder album(s) by Incubus 
Is This It album by The Strokes 
The Mars Volta pack including Viscera Eyes, Vermicide, and Roulette Dares. 

My top choices.

#3 Posted by RoyaleWifCheese (563 posts) -

99 Luftballoons by Nena. (All five instruments are present and the bass line is sick)

#4 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Give me the entire discography of Panic! At The Disco.

#5 Posted by HistoryInRust (6472 posts) -
@Hobbies: I'd totally support Crow Left of the Murder getting on there. A great album that'd probably translate really well.  

As for me, I'm throwing in with the Queens of the Stone Age's self-titled album. Really, any Queens album. Or fucking Kyuss
#6 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Also. More Paramore, and throw in some MCR songs in there.

#7 Posted by Tairoku (62 posts) -

Pretty much all of the song's by Jack's Mannequin and The 88. All of their songs have really noticeable piano parts.

#8 Edited by Hobbies (976 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok: Kyuss, yes! Please please please Harmonix. 

I'd loved more Queens too, though. I'm a big fan of Era Vulgaris.
#9 Posted by Blueprint12 (247 posts) -
@Blueprint12 said:
Rush - 2112 (whole album preferably)
#10 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Wonderboy has always been my favourite 'D song, much more so than Tribute. I honestly expected to see this part of the on-disc set when it was left out of the recent Tenacious D DLC pack. Sigh. One day...
#11 Posted by CowboyBebopper (170 posts) -

More Metric, Black Kids, Cake, Crystal Castles, Everclear, Eric Hutchinson, Jason Mraz, Semisonic, Bush, aaaaaaand Tally Hall.

#12 Posted by SmasheControllers (2570 posts) -

Motion City Soundtrack - My Favorite Accident, Everything is Alright, Even if it Kills Me and Any Song from My Dinosaur Life.

#13 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

You know, I just realized we didn't have any Kinks. They would be so great, especially considering the three part vocals now.

#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14591 posts) -

I've been getting into Everclear recently and as far as I know, there currently are all of ZERO of their songs on the marketplace. To that I say: The fuck, Harmonix?!

#15 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I'd like to see the rest of Silversun Pickup's Swoon album make it on there.  I can't stop listening to it, and I bought it like six months ago.  I'd also like to see some more Black Crowes.

#16 Posted by Stackboy (536 posts) -

I just want the Rock Band Network in my country (Australia).

#17 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
#18 Posted by Kaburorne (119 posts) -
@Hobbies: YES! I want Incubus DLC so bad. They had a song in LEGO Rock band, I don't see why they haven't had a single song released since.
#19 Posted by Timma1083 (566 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" I'd like to see the rest of Silversun Pickup's Swoon album make it on there.  I can't stop listening to it, and I bought it like six months ago.
If 'The Royal We' ever came to Rock Band I'd cry sweet tears of joy. Easily one of my favorite songs.
#20 Posted by 6ZZA (104 posts) -

System Of A Down discography kthxbai

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8610 posts) -

I ain't buying anything like GH or RB until I can play Hammerfall or Ot3p on it.
So lets get it going!

#22 Posted by dunc12 (106 posts) -
@CowboyBebopper: My cousin is the drummer in semisonic :D nice to hear them mentioned, they don't get talked about much anymore.  

and some music I'd love to see would be the whole cowboys from hell album by pantera, some more metallica, and more pink floyd. there's a bunch I'm forgetting, I know it.
#23 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I want some more Killers.

#24 Edited by Hobbies (976 posts) -
@Kaburorne: Yeah, but at least LEGO was exportable. I'm worried that if they do get Incubus DLC it'll be either only their really big singles or stuff off of Light Grenades. I love all of Incubus, but their earlier stuff is SO much better.
#25 Posted by ThePickle (4203 posts) -

I want the entire Breeders catalogue. 

#26 Posted by Paco (112 posts) -

I really wish they would put more Mastodon in this game. Colony of Birchmen is great, but it's definitely not their best. Also, some Sleep, High on Fire, or Neurosis, but I feel like that's never gonna happen.

#27 Posted by SamFo (1571 posts) -
@Stackboy: Agree, but its not HMX fault, its microsoft for not releasing XNA here :\
#28 Posted by pnut815 (23 posts) -

The Roots "Seed 2.0" and "Here I come".

#29 Posted by Kaburorne (119 posts) -
@Hobbies: True. I think playing Light Grenades songs would be worse than playing no Incubus at all :C 
Full albums of A Crow... and Morning View please. 
Morning View is the name of my Rock Band band :D
#30 Posted by Teirdome (262 posts) -

Ben Folds Five.  I'm still in shock that there's nothing from them with the keyboard making it's grand entrance.

#31 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@ThePaco said:

" I really wish they would put more Mastodon in this game. Colony of Birchmen is great, but it's definitely not their best. Also, some Sleep, High on Fire, or Neurosis, but I feel like that's never gonna happen. "

Same, but I'm way more into their current stuff. It's like a rougher, more angry Opeth sound. Personally, I would love Oblivion, I'm shocked it didn't make the RB3 cut, was so convinced that's why it hadn't been DLC.
#32 Posted by Three0neFive (2305 posts) -

More prog metal.

I mean, it's pretty much a no-brainer now that they have a keyboard.

#33 Edited by KillerFly (401 posts) -

Dream Theater Pack
- The Glass Prison
- As I Am
- Forsaken
- A Rite of Passage
- Metropolis Pt. 1

Led Zeppelin Pack
- Dazed and Confused
- Immigrant Song 
- Rock & Roll
- Stairway to Heaven
- The Ocean 
(Now that Zeppelin has finally allowed their stuff to be legally available for digital download, this opens the door for some DLC hopefully)

Muse Pack
- Starlight
- Knights of Cydonia
- Uprising
- Resistance
- United States of Eurasia

Coheed and Cambria Pack
- In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
- Gravemakers and Gunslingers
- Justice in Murder 
- The Suffering

#34 Posted by gakon (1953 posts) -

I recently went through all 2,000+ Rock Band tracks in the store and found about five bands I like.  That probably says more about my taste in music, though.  Problem is most of the music I like (ambient stuff like early Broken Social Scene and Atlas Sound) doesn't fit in a Guitar Hero/Rock Band-style rhythm game.  But here are some bands I'd like to see introduced, or like to see more of: 

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti 
Broken Social Scene 
Deerhunter 
The Go! Team 
Of Montreal (currently has one song)
People in Planes 
The Whitest Boy Alive

#35 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -
@gakon5: You, sir, have good taste. I would love me some Deerhunter and Of Montreal, but I had no idea the latter already had a song released for RB! Must have overlooked it.
#36 Posted by gakon (1953 posts) -
@Hobbies said:
" @gakon5: You, sir, have good taste. I would love me some Deerhunter and Of Montreal, but I had no idea the latter already had a song released for RB! Must have overlooked it. "
I think the song was Heimsdalgate Like a Promethian Curse, but it's impossible to spell the title of any song that band has written.
#37 Posted by Mendelson9 (415 posts) -

If  Harmonix is going to go back and add keyboard to existing songs I hope they do the Rush songs.

#38 Posted by KillerFly (401 posts) -
@Mendelson9: 
It would be cool if there was some special mode where if you do Rush songs you can have one person playing the bass and the keyboard and they have to switch between them, but hey that's crazy talk!
#39 Posted by usedtype (96 posts) -

Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Career Pack: 

Gambler, Gambler -Elf (Elf, 1972) 
Catch the Rainbow - Rainbow (Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, 1975) 
Stargazer - Rainbow (Rising, 1976) 
Gates of Babylon - Rainbow (Long Live Rock 'n' Roll, 1978) 
To Live for the King - Kerry Livgren (Seeds of Change, 1980) 
Children of the Sea - Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell, 1980) 
Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell, 1980) 
Die Young - Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell, 1980) 
Don't Talk to Strangers - Dio (Holy Diver, 1983) 
The Last in Line - Dio (The Last in Line, 1984) 
All the Fools Sailed Away - Dio (Dream Evil, 1987) 
Bible Black - Heaven and Hell (The Devil You Know, 2009) 
Metal Will Never Die - David 'Rock' Feinstein (Bitten by the Beast, 2010) 

Featuring artists like Ritchie Blackmore, Cozy Powell, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Vivian Campbell, Kerry Livgren, and more.  A portion of the sale would go to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund. 

Now that would be some DLC I'd buy day one.

#40 Posted by Count_Zero (317 posts) -

I'd really like to see some Pink Floyd in there. The main problem I see, aside from Nick Mason saying that Rock Band isn't real instruments (something Rock Band 3 basically addresses), is that the band has currently been pushing to only have their albums digitally distributed as whole albums. In other words, you can't buy just "Money" from Dark Side of the Moon, you have to buy all of Dark Side of the Moon. You can have separate tracks within the album, but you have to buy the whole album. 

That said, I'd be willing to lay down $15-20 for Dark Side of the Moon, or Meddle, or The Wall (which would probably have to be $25-30) of the Rock Band store, rather then being able to buy individual songs. 

That aside, I'd like to see some of Rush's later diskography in there as well, particularly Counterparts, Vapor Trails, and Snakes & Arrows. I'd also like to see more Muse (at least all of Black Holes & Revelations). Additionally, with the Keyboard inclusion, I could see some fun with ELO but perhaps most importantly, some really classic rock - I'm talking Jerry Lee Lewis (Great Balls of Fire) here. 

Actually, why precisely isn't Great Balls of Fire on the disk for Rock Band 3? Are there no masters of it out there anymore?

#41 Edited by JJWeatherman (14591 posts) -
@Count_Zero: It doesn't seem like making Pink Floyd albums full album only downloads would be too hard. They already have that set up, all they'd have to do is not offer the usual single tracks. If that would be all it takes to get them on there, then awesome. I hope it happens.
#42 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Jeff Buckley. Namely Grace. Shocking that we haven't seen anything by him yet. Unless there's something I'm missing.

#43 Posted by BSchneider30 (57 posts) -

There was a rumor a while back that Master of Puppets was coming as album DLC.  That would make me very happy.   More Rush now that we have keyboards would be awesome.  My next big one that we have noe of is Bruce Springsteen for album DLC.  Unrealistically I would want the Bruce Springsteen & the E. Street Band Live '75-'85.  The probably wouldn't happen though.  It is more realistic to expect Born to Run, the Darkness of the Edge of Town, or Born in the USA.  Any of those would be awesome as well.

#44 Posted by ESREVER (2719 posts) -

More Strokes 
More Muse 
More System of a Down 
More QOTSA 
More Killers  

Also, the addition of GirlDeMo and HTT would make me unbelievably happy. I'm allowed to dream >/

#45 Posted by Three0neFive (2305 posts) -

Basically just moar prog metal.

#46 Posted by Burzmali (448 posts) -
@Teirdome: @Teirdome said:
" Ben Folds Five.  I'm still in shock that there's nothing from them with the keyboard making it's grand entrance. "
I agree. i think it's because Ben Folds is a god damn piano genius. I have the sheet music for Forever and Ever Amen, and stuff like One Angry Dwarf is pretty tough. Along that same line, my wife would love to see Tori Amos in the store, but I doubt that will ever happen. 

I really wish we could get a full Coheed and Cambria album. Preferably, the one with In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 on it. I'd also like to see Chevelle's "Sci-Fi Crimes" album. Any Chevelle would be nice, really. Lastly, how about some A Perfect Circle or Tool? Has Maynard just thrown his lot in with GH at this point?
#47 Posted by Burzmali (448 posts) -
@KillerFly said:
Coheed and Cambria Pack - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 - 2113 - Gravemakers and Gunslingers - Justice in Murder  - The Suffering "
Damn yes!
#48 Posted by SMTDante89 (2611 posts) -

Slough Feg, old or new just...Slough Feg at the very least.
#49 Posted by M31 (7 posts) -

MGMT
- Time To Pretend
- Electric Feel
- Kids

The Stone Roses
- She Bangs The Drums
- Fools Gold
- I Am The Resurrection

#50 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5307 posts) -

Cage the Elephant

All of Rush.....ALL OF IT!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.