Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Hi-Hat Rolls on Pro = Hmmmm

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

I decided to play Orange Crush on pro drums to figure out how they chart hi-hat rolls in pro mode.  In the past, they made the hi-hat red and the snare yellow to keep you from having to cross your hands.  I was hoping that they'd chart the hi-hat to the yellow cymbal and the snare to the yellow pad, but instead they charted it as normal (yellow cymbal hi-hat, red snare).  That REALLY messed me up.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Timma1083

Honestly I think that's how it should be, since the snare should always be red in my opinion. 

It'll take some getting used to no doubt, but I think in the end it works out better.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Stahlbrand

Well there are only a few tracks that had that red = hihat charting, so it isn't a huge issue.  Maybe they'll reissue or something but I wouldn't count on it.

ST1LL_iLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ST1LL_iLL

That sounds about right. I agree, snare should always be on red. Looking forward to see what older songs will be different in pro mode.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By A Likely Story

Hm, now I'm curious to try that out. Hopefully it's just something that'll take some getting used to, like Timma said.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AURON570

red should be snare, my concern would be the positioning of the high hat. Is there a decent amount of adjustability for the cymbals? I just realized this would depend on what kit you're using, and whether or not you have the New Cymbals.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By skrutop
    @AURON570 said:

" red should be snare, my concern would be the positioning of the high hat. Is there a decent amount of adjustability for the cymbals? I just realized this would depend on what kit you're using, and whether or not you have the New Cymbals. "

With the regular kit, you can't reposition the hi-hat very far, so it will always be to the right of the snare.  However, since it's elevated it's not too bad; you can hit the snare with your right hand (I'm right handed) without crossing over your left.  The right hand pattern of hi-hat to snare to hi-hat to ride is tricky the new way that they charted it.  In RB1 it was really easy to do. 

Oh, and I got another set of RB3 cymbals since my first set double-hit.  Sure enough, one of the new ones keeps dropping notes.  Son of a!!!!! 

While the RB2 pack downloads, I'm going to get some lunch, come back, and do some keys!
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By zidd
    @skrutop: Just so you know that all songs like that have what are called "Disco Beats" and not rolls. a drum roll is much much faster and is denoted in the game by a long strip with notes inside of it. I figured that the pro mode charts would be laid out this way since they chart them that way originally then the flipping is done by the game with a special flag in the chart itself.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman

This is really good news to me. I have the IONs, so I can kinda set them up however I feel like. That makes it easy to adjust if it feels off with that stuff. Still haven't played any drums on account of it being past midnight when I got home with the game. I definitely will today though!

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By AURON570
    @skrutop:  hmmm, interesting...

@JJWeatherman:
    you lucky b-.... have fun with RB3! =D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.