Massive Video Leak

#1 Edited by asdfghasdf (71 posts) -

So I browsed the RockBand.com forums and stumbled across a red-hot topic. Someone posted a video interview from Gott, and in the background, a guy was scrolling through most of the setlist. That means he unwittingly leaked a load of brand new songs. The video has since been taken down (which increases the likelihood that it's legit), and the RockBand.com thread in question has been deleted. So here's picture proof and some more in case you don't believe me. Folks over on ScoreHero are talking about it, and RockBandAide has also reported this latest leak. For your convenience, below are the new songs that are surely guaranteed to be in, unless Harmonix does some last-minute tweaking to the setlist:

• Tegan and Sara - "The Con"
  • Riverboat Gamblers - "Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead"
  • The Police - "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
  • The Bronx - "False Alarm"
  • Steve Miller Band - "Fly Like an Eagle"
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
  • Beach Boys - "Good Vibrations (Live)"
  • Blondie - "Heart of Glass"
  • The Who - "I Can See for Miles"
  • James Brown - "I Got You (I Feel Good)"
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "I Need to Know"
  • Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
  • John Lennon - "Imagine"
  • Big Country - "In a Big Country"
  • Primus - "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver"
  • Echo & the Bunnymen - "The Killing Moon"
  • Dover - "King George"
  • The Raveonettes - "Last Dance"
  • The Sounds - "Living in America"
  • Phish - "Llama"
  • Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"
  • Paramore - Misery Business"
  • Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
  • At the Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"
  • The Muffs - "Outer Space"
  • Golden Earring - "Radar Love"
  • Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"
  • Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"
  • Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water"
  • Pretty Girls Make Graves - "Something Bigger, Something Brighter"
  • The Smiths - "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before"
  • Swingin' Utters - "This Bastard's Life"
  • Hypernova - "Viva la Resistance"
  • Dire Straits - "Walk of Life"
  • Warren Zevon - "Werewolves of London"
  • Devo - "Whip It"
  • The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1"

Harmonix shot themselves in the foot here. Shame! John Lennon's "Imagine" would've been a massive announcement.

For the record, the person scrolling the setlist started with "C" songs (first song shown was "Combat Baby", which was already announced) down to "Y" ("Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1"). I'm guessing that the remaining songs (only a few left) start with A, B, or C. Also, it looks like the previously leaked list of songs is genuine. "Beast and the Harlot" and "Caught in a Mosh" didn't appear in the video. Alphabetically, they're both before "Combat Baby".
#2 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

There's some great stuff there but there's also some awful, awful stuff. :( Amy Winehouse? Like, seriously?

#3 Posted by Crono11 (1643 posts) -

I was praying that Burnin For You would be on the list when I clicked this. I'm glad that the list started at C so I still have hope.

#4 Posted by h83r (468 posts) -

FREE BIRDDDD!!! 
How many people will shout that during the lifetime of Rock Band 3? 

Also, does anyone remember what Iron Maiden song was going to be in RB3, according to the Harmonix dude that was on one of the E3 Bombcasts?

#5 Posted by warfather (45 posts) -

thanks for the heads up, looking forward to playing some stuff i'm not familiar with.

#6 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Ack, almost none of it matches with my dream list :(
(some of it won't play in the embedded video, for those who care :) )

But Primus should be fun of bass :D
#7 Posted by RJPelonia (855 posts) -

Siiiiick.

#8 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

Fantastic list. - a few thoughts 

They have pretty much perfectly balanced, songs with good key parts, songs that are easy/hard to learn on pro instruments and songs that will be fun to play traditionally.

Im surprised less people on the net are psyched for John Lennon!!!  

I can see for Miles is a great song - but an odd choice, makes me think there is more The Who dlc coming.  

A few staples from Rock Band aren't in there - No Nirvana, No RHCP, No Beastie Boys, No Metallica, No Rush, No Soundgarden - Off the top of my head they all featured in RB1 and RB2. 
Of course they may make up the last few unconfirmed songs :)

#9 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

I Can See For Miles was The Who song I wanted in RB3.

#10 Posted by abbeyroad992 (15 posts) -
@SamFo:
Rush is now exclusive to Guitar Hero
#11 Posted by rjayb89 (7719 posts) -

Pretty sneaky, brachmeds.

#12 Edited by TepidShark (1059 posts) -
@abbeyroad992 said:

" @SamFo: Rush is now exclusive to Guitar Hero "

Not true no one has ever said that. In fact there someone asked Geddy Lee if they were going to have a song in RB3 and he said yeah (yes, I know that doesn't confirm it)

PS. If this is the setlist, I could be down with that. I was worried there would be some bad Miley Cryus song on there but it looks like there won't be which is a relief.
#13 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -
@abbeyroad992:
Not true
#14 Posted by Timma1083 (566 posts) -
@TepidShark said:   
PS. If this is the setlist, I could be down with that.
Yup, it's looking like this is true. I'm stoked for plenty of the songs, but I'll have to listen to a lot... and I mean a lot, of songs.
#15 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

No One Knows? YES 

Also, what an unoriginal setlist. A surprising amount of those songs were in previous Guitar Hero games.

#16 Posted by GreggD (4486 posts) -

Oh my god, this list kicks so much ass.

#17 Posted by GreggD (4486 posts) -
@natetodamax: Yes, but they were either covers or in the shitty, Neversoft ones.
#18 Posted by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -

Oh man, I am really really really psyched for this game now... I love some of these songs. Free Bird! Crazy Train! Radar Love! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

#19 Posted by supermike6 (3556 posts) -

OH MY GOD FREEBIRD IN A MUSIC GAME! 

I can't wait to play that solo! 

Oh wait...

#20 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" No One Knows? YES  Also, what an unoriginal setlist. A surprising amount of those songs were in previous Guitar Hero games. "
Yeah, pretty much. Wouldn't mind playing some of them again, though.
#21 Edited by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

If the Rush song isn't true, I believe The Who will be the only band to be in Rock Band 1, 2, & 3 (on disc that is).

#22 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -

how can they add keyboard and not have  Iron Butterfly - In A Gadda Da Vida ?

#23 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

WOW, that list is fucking terrible, it may just be me but im not terrible at Rockband like some of you guys, TOP THOUSAND ON DRUMS BITCHES!
#24 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

why cant these game have the majority of their lists be good music?

#25 Edited by asdfghasdf (71 posts) -

I like that there are loads of new artists making their first appearance in Rock Band. On the whole, this setlist is shaping up to be far better than I expected a few months ago. It's certainly got more music that I listen to (whether those tracks successfully translate to being fun to play remains to be seen).

Gotta say, though: Smoke on the Water? Really? That was such a snoozefest on the first Guitar Hero.

Edit: I forgot to mention. The rumour of Spinning Wheel being in the game looks false. It never showed up in the scrolling setlist, when it should've under "S".

#26 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -
@Ryax: because you don't like good music. 
There is nothing on there I actively don't want, but there is some stuff that I would rather replace with other "better" songs.
#27 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@Wilkins_III said:

"Gotta say, though: Smoke on the Water? Really? That was such a snoozefest on the first Guitar Hero.

First off, I like the setlist a lot (especially Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, which is going to kick ass on keyboards).  I'm not very surprised about the old Guitar Hero songs showing up, since the masters were in Guitar Hero: Smash Hits.  Smoke on the Water is like the first riff that anybody learns on guitar.  Because of Pro Guitar, it makes a lot of sense that it'd be in there.

edit: Missed before that Yoshimi part 1 is in there.  Fun as hell to sing.  "Her name is Yoshimi / She's a black belt in karate."
#28 Posted by Timma1083 (566 posts) -
@Wilkins_III said:
Gotta say, though: Smoke on the Water? Really? That was such a snoozefest on the first Guitar Hero.

Edit: I forgot to mention. The rumour of Spinning Wheel being in the game looks false. It never showed up in the scrolling setlist, when it should've under "S". "
I had to justify this point with someone else already, but I'm almost positive the only reason "Crazy Train", "Free Bird", and "Smoke on the Water" got chosen over other choices were for Pro Guitar.

Also, I'm actually hoping Spinning Wheel isn't in the game. It's not a bad song, I actually grew up listening to it often, I just think it sounds awful to play.
#29 Edited by asdfghasdf (71 posts) -
@skrutop said:

"Smoke on the Water is like the first riff that anybody learns on guitar.  Because of Pro Guitar, it makes a lot of sense that it'd be in there."

@Timma1083 said:

I had to justify this point with someone else already, but I'm almost positive the only reason "Crazy Train", "Free Bird", and "Smoke on the Water" got chosen over other choices were for Pro Guitar."

That makes a lot more sense. Still a little dissatisfied with that particular song choice, but I see the reason in it now.

And yes, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting is a really cool song choice for keys. Surely going to be one of the tougher songs for that instrument.
#30 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

Wow, wasn't expecting this. A little surprised at the Amy Winehouse but otherwise I don't think it's a bad list.

#31 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

NO Muse :*( Sad panda 

Also they couldve picked several awesome tracks for Dire Straits but that one seems really fucking bizarre! 
But one armed scissor? yes please!

#32 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @natetodamax said:
" No One Knows? YES  Also, what an unoriginal setlist. A surprising amount of those songs were in previous Guitar Hero games. "
Yeah, pretty much. Wouldn't mind playing some of them again, though. "
yeah but remember they were "AS MADE FAMOUS BY" ones, which sounded awful 
#33 Posted by jugglaj91 (3 posts) -

I count all of 55ish songs between here and the RB site's songs, that leaves around 30 left to be announced so dont get too upset, that is a lot of room for songs to be featured

#34 Edited by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
#35 Posted by GreggD (4486 posts) -
@drhans: Damn, you beat me to it.
#36 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (522 posts) -

Tegan and sara <3. To bad Id rather listen to music then play these awful games.

#37 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Don't listen to untrustworthy sites like this, people!

#38 Posted by asdfghasdf (71 posts) -

Hahaha, that's pretty awesome from Harmonix.

Nice to see Giant Bomb get mentioned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.