Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

New (non-pro) guitar mechanic?

BRG9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BRG9000

I've only broken away from keys to play guitar a little so far on RB3, but when I have I've noticed that sometimes when I have to play a series of alternating notes, it highlights both those entire colors of the highway while I do it. It looks kind of like the drum fill for overdrive does, but just for those two colors. I haven't figured out why it does this. Anyone know what this means, and whether it has any impact on what I'm supposed to, and able to, do at those parts?

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Timma1083

It's suppose to replicate a trill, but to be honest I have no idea how to work them so I just try to play the notes as they appear in the lanes and my combo usually breaks.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By 234r2we232

As the person above mentioned, it indicates a trill. What the highways represent is that so long as you "trill" the notes faster or at the same speed as they appear, you will maintain your combo.

It's there to make those sections a lil easier. That's all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sofacitysweetheart said:
    " As the person above mentioned, it indicates a trill. What the highways represent is that so long as you "trill" the notes faster or at the same speed as they appear, you will maintain your combo.  It's there to make those sections a lil easier. That's all. "
    For the layman, that means quickly alternating between the two notes, right? Sounds like a great addition to the gameplay instead of sending what would look like a crazy deluge of the same two notes at you.
    Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Stahlbrand

I haven't noticed it making those sections particularly easier, sometimes I keep my combo, sometimes not - but that was about par for the course in previous versions - I always had trouble with tracks like "Black Sabbath - NIB" which feature regular repeating trill sections.  I guess my fingers just aren't quite fast enough, or maybe its a mental thing.

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Burzmali

Yeah, the mechanic is supposed to make it easier since real-life musicians have variations in the speed of their trills. The trick to not breaking combo is HOPO-ing it rather than strumming. It has definitely made my life easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.