Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Pro Guitar upgrades coming later?

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

I've been wondering to myself ever since I heard that not every DLC song will be getting pro guitar/pro bass upgrades.
    I don't mind the extra dollar they're charging for them, but is it possible we'll see already-released songs upgraded in the future for pro guitar/pro bass?

I'd personally like to see a lot of those songs from the Doors 9-pack get a pro guitar upgrade... and maybe a couple more of those Bon Jovi songs.

Do you guys think Harmonix would do something like that, or do you think they'll just keep truckin' along?

Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Kaburorne

I think they did mention doing PRO instrument parts for pre-Rock Band 3 songs, if they were popular songs that called for it. Like songs that really need a keyboard part, or something.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

It would be stupid of them not to. They have posted ALOT of songs that deserve pro-tracks. 

I want Teenage Riot...

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vigorousjammer

I'm sure a lot of the older DLC will get updated, which is awesome, I'm waiting for some of the Who tracks, as well as some Grateful Dead stuff...  But, I'm personally hoping some of the already-released Rock Band 3 DLC gets updated as well.

I personally wish that all of the new songs they release would come out with Pro Guitar tracks.  I mean, the fact that L.A. Woman, Peace Frog, and Love Her Madly don't have pro-guitar is kind of a shame.  I can understand how they don't really have the staff power to pump out pro guitar tracks for everything, but I'm hoping they'll go back and put them in at some point.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By melcene

I did a posting somewhere around here about what they now call their "Legacy" DLC/songs, which is everything pre-RB3.  Yes, they will be re-releasing songs from previous games/DLC with pro instruments.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By carlthenimrod

I hope they do because there is no way I'm investing in a Pro Guitar otherwise. I'm not a big fan of paying $1 to upgrade a song either. That would cost me $100+ to upgrade my entire back catalog. Forget that.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vigorousjammer

I'm hoping in the future they'll start offering some free upgrades for pro guitar/pro bass on simpler songs that wouldn't be very hard for them to chart.  Of course, something tells me that after being dumped by Viacom, unless they get picked up by another big publisher, they'll probably keep charging out the ass.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By zityz

Foreplay/ Longtime SCREAMS to be remade.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By melcene
    @Vigorousjammer said:
    " I'm hoping in the future they'll start offering some free upgrades for pro guitar/pro bass on simpler songs that wouldn't be very hard for them to chart.  Of course, something tells me that after being dumped by Viacom, unless they get picked up by another big publisher, they'll probably keep charging out the ass. "
    The thing about the charging came from MTV though... so its entirely possible that things might shake up a bit after the split.
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vigorousjammer
    @melcene said:

" @Vigorousjammer said:

" I'm hoping in the future they'll start offering some free upgrades for pro guitar/pro bass on simpler songs that wouldn't be very hard for them to chart.  Of course, something tells me that after being dumped by Viacom, unless they get picked up by another big publisher, they'll probably keep charging out the ass. "

The thing about the charging came from MTV though... so its entirely possible that things might shake up a bit after the split. "
    True, Harmonix has always been very reasonable in terms of their pricing.
    I haven't heard about any of the Rock Band 3 pricing decisions specifically coming from MTV Games, but if that is the case, maybe Harmonix would change something after the split.

However, they also lost so much money from The Beatles: Rock Band that they might have to charge more in order to clear their debt and get some profit coming in, especially if they keep going on their own, or if they get picked up by a less wealthy publisher.

also...
     @zityz: I'd pay any amount of money for Foreplay/ Long Time with Keys and Pro Guitar

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.