So the Rock Band 3 achievements have been revealed...

#1 Posted by Crono11 (1648 posts) -
 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rock-band-3/achievements/

What does everyone think?

I'm not too excited about having to buy a Pro guitar to get all of the achievements but I'm not surprised that they did that. What I am surprised about it that they have DLC achievements for certain songs. I guess it's a good way to get people to check out the Rock Band Store even if it is just for those songs.

Do you like how they are adding DLC based achievements? Do you think they could've been done differently? If so, How?
#2 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I don't mind paying for Queen songs since I enjoy them, but I'm not sure about the others.

#3 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Get a 200 note streak on The Perfect Drug?  That's random.

As someone who was very annoyed that most random online people didn't have any DLC, I'm glad that they are providing motivation (in the form of achievements) for people to buy some songs.  I have enough DLC to qualify for all of the achievements.

I'm planning on getting the RB3-compatible Strat, depending on the price, so I don't mind the pro-mode achievements.  They seem pretty easy to get.

The "Beat all of the free downloadable songs" achievement leaves me intrigued.  Are we getting even more free songs after the game is release, ala Rock Band 2, or are they talking about stuff like "Charlene" and "Headphones On" that are already out there?

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Do we know if Fender are making a left-handed stratocaster yet?

#5 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
#6 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart: Is there some significance to that number that I'm not getting?
#7 Edited by Crono11 (1648 posts) -
@skrutop:  I think it means the stuff already out and maybe if they add more it'll include those ones. 

I hate when I'm playing online and no one has any DLC, not even the free songs. So this is a way, like the DLC achievements, to makes sure people check out the store.

And I think the HO-PO one is referencing Dead Risings "Kill an insane amount of zombie" achievement. 
#8 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" @sofacitysweetheart: Is there some significance to that number that I'm not getting? "
Many recent zombie games have been out doing one-another with their kill count achievement (Left 4 Dead's required one more than Dead Rising's top kill achievement IIRC). I would have to look it up, but I imagine it's referencing one of those. Maybe L4D2?
#9 Posted by Timma1083 (566 posts) -
@skrutop said:
The "Beat all of the free downloadable songs" achievement leaves me intrigued.  Are we getting even more free songs after the game is release, ala Rock Band 2, or are they talking about stuff like "Charlene" and "Headphones On" that are already out there? "
I'm also intrigued by this as well. The main thing I'm wondering is if this includes those 20 free songs that came with a new copy of RB2, which would seem kind of unfair to those who don't have them.  

I'm also not suprised about the pro instrument achievements. It'd be kind of odd to promote this feature and then completely leave it out of the achievements list, at least IMO.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the achievements, and I can get most of them, so it's fine with me. I'm loving the HO/PO and Dave Grohl achievements, too.
#10 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

I couldn't care less about the achievements, and I sure hope that you don't actually go out and buy the Pro guitar just because you feel obligated to get all of them.

#11 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:

" @skrutop said:

" @sofacitysweetheart: Is there some significance to that number that I'm not getting? "

Many recent zombie games have been out doing one-another with their kill count achievement (Left 4 Dead's required one more than Dead Rising's top kill achievement IIRC). I would have to look it up, but I imagine it's referencing one of those. Maybe L4D2? "
Dead risings's achievement "Zombie Genocider" is at 53,594 zombies.
#12 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@destruktive said:

" @sofacitysweetheart said:

" @skrutop said:

Many recent zombie games have been out doing one-another with their kill count achievement (Left 4 Dead's required one more than Dead Rising's top kill achievement IIRC). I would have to look it up, but I imagine it's referencing one of those. Maybe L4D2? "
"
...And Left 4 Dead's "Zombie Genocidest" is 53,595 :). That's such an odd, but awesome reference to make.
#13 Posted by GunstarRed (5180 posts) -

Theyre much,much,much better than the achievements in either 1 or 2 I do take issue with the ones that are tied to pro-mode instruments though, that excludes a ton of people.
#14 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
" @destruktive said:

" @skrutop said:

"
...And Left 4 Dead's "Zombie Genocidest" is 53,595 :). That's such an odd, but awesome reference to make. "
you should see dead rising 2's  zombie genocider 2: genocide harder. it's like twice.
plus the DLC chevos are just that DLC because Rockband 3 starts 1250 points  the 250 are are the DLC ones.
#15 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @destruktive said:

" @skrutop said:

"
...And Left 4 Dead's "Zombie Genocidest" is 53,595 :). That's such an odd, but awesome reference to make. "
you should see dead rising 2's  zombie genocider 2: genocide harder. it's like twice. plus the DLC chevos are just that DLC because Rockband 3 starts 1250 points  the 250 are are the DLC ones. "
I wish they'd update RB2 with some DLC achievements :(
#16 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart: 
nahh I want rockband 3. New clothes, interments, venues, tours,band animations,seeing your band doing other things, songs, keyboard.
#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Timma1083 said:
" @skrutop said:
The "Beat all of the free downloadable songs" achievement leaves me intrigued.  Are we getting even more free songs after the game is release, ala Rock Band 2, or are they talking about stuff like "Charlene" and "Headphones On" that are already out there? "
I'm also intrigued by this as well. The main thing I'm wondering is if this includes those 20 free songs that came with a new copy of RB2, which would seem kind of unfair to those who don't have them.    I'm also not suprised about the pro instrument achievements. It'd be kind of odd to promote this feature and then completely leave it out of the achievements list, at least IMO.  Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the achievements, and I can get most of them, so it's fine with me. I'm loving the HO/PO and Dave Grohl achievements, too. "

Wait what? 20 free songs? I don't remember getting 20 free songs.
#18 Posted by Turtlemayor333 (510 posts) -

The first thing I noticed.

Tune Up - 4g 

The prophecy is coming true. We have to keep playing to get our gamerscore back to a 5 or 0.

#19 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Turtlemayor333 said:
" The first thing I noticed.

Tune Up - 4g   The prophecy is coming true. We have to keep playing to get our gamerscore back to a 5 or 0. "
or you could just not do that
#20 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

DLC Achievements not even tied to the DLC, it comes right in the box. So fucking win my head might explode. Fuck off Hamonix.

#21 Edited by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @Timma1083 said:

" @skrutop said:
I'm also intrigued by this as well. The main thing I'm wondering is if this includes those 20 free songs that came with a new copy of RB2, which would seem kind of unfair to those who don't have them.    I'm also not suprised about the pro instrument achievements. It'd be kind of odd to promote this feature and then completely leave it out of the achievements list, at least IMO.  Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the achievements, and I can get most of them, so it's fine with me. I'm loving the HO/PO and Dave Grohl achievements, too. "
Wait what? 20 free songs? I don't remember getting 20 free songs. "
It was not 20 free songs of your choice. It was a bunch of generally bad songs, that I doubt anyone has ever heard of.
I didn't even bother downloading it.
#22 Posted by Timma1083 (566 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Timma1083 said:

" @skrutop said:
It was not 20 free songs of your choice. It was a bunch of generally bad songs, that I doubt anyone has ever heard of. I didn't even bother downloading it. "
 Just because you have never heard of them doesn't mean they're bad songs. Some of them turned out to be pretty good and/or really fun to play, like "Like a Fool" by Shaimus, "Prequel to the Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me,  and "The Feeling" by Kutless
#23 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

Looks pretty good to me. If there's one thing the world is in dire need of it's Bohemian Rhapsody based achievements.

#24 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I loved playing those songs. Prequel To The Sequel inspired me to practice so I could play expert guitar. The only song out of the pack I do not wish to be on my setlist is the "Young" song - which I will gladly gray out when RB3 gives me the option :).

#25 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Timma1083 said:
" @trophyhunter said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Timma1083 said:

" @skrutop said:
It was not 20 free songs of your choice. It was a bunch of generally bad songs, that I doubt anyone has ever heard of. I didn't even bother downloading it. "
 Just because you have never heard of them doesn't mean they're bad songs. Some of them turned out to be pretty good and/or really fun to play, like "Like a Fool" by Shaimus, "Prequel to the Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me,  and "The Feeling" by Kutless "
so 3 songs out of 20? great
#26 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

" @skrutop said:

@crono11:
@destruktive:
@trophyhunter:

Ok, so as it turns out, the town in Dawn of the Dead had 53,594 citizens.  So the achievement in Dead Rising was to kill that number of zombies, since that game was totally influenced by that movie.  Then L4D upped it by 1 as a joke, and Prototype upped it by 1 again as a more better joke.  So I guess that's why Harmonix decided to join the fun (probably)
#27 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
" My favourite:

HOPO-cidal Maniac25
Kill 53,596 Hammer-ons and Pull-offs.
"
Same here. That one's awesome.  :P
#28 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

Dave Grohl achievement. Fuck. Yes.

#29 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" Get a 200 note streak on The Perfect Drug?  That's random"
after an estimated 5,000 hours practicing this song, I have no problem with this. no. fucking. problem. at. all *cracks knuckles*
#30 Edited by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:

" @Turtlemayor333 said:

" The first thing I noticed.

Tune Up - 4g   The prophecy is coming true. We have to keep playing to get our gamerscore back to a 5 or 0. "
or you could just not do that "
Its usually best to calibrate.

Edit: The achievements at the bottom are weird. Dave Grohl Band? Why is that an achievement?
#31 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@nofx4208 said:
" @skrutop said:
after an estimated 5,000 hours practicing this song, I have no problem with this. no. fucking. problem. at. all *cracks knuckles* "
That's just it, though.  That's not very hard to do on bass or guitar.
#32 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -
@skrutop said:
" @nofx4208 said:
" @skrutop said:
after an estimated 5,000 hours practicing this song, I have no problem with this. no. fucking. problem. at. all *cracks knuckles* "
That's just it, though.  That's not very hard to do on bass or guitar. "
when you mention The Perfect Drug, I assumed drums. Sorry. Yeah, that's kind of dumb of an achievement if it's for guitar/bass.
#33 Posted by KillerFly (396 posts) -
@nofx4208 said:
" @skrutop said:
" @nofx4208 said:
" @skrutop said:
when you mention The Perfect Drug, I assumed drums. Sorry. Yeah, that's kind of dumb of an achievement if it's for guitar/bass. "
I'm pretty sure guitar and bass both have less than 200 notes total on that song, so it has to be done on drums by default.
#34 Posted by KillerFly (396 posts) -

Also, I just noticed that the achievement points add up to 1250 points, so you don't have have to buy DLC to get a full 1000. I feel better about this now.

#35 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@KillerFly said:

" @nofx4208 said:

" @skrutop said:
" @nofx4208 said:
" @skrutop said:
when you mention The Perfect Drug, I assumed drums. Sorry. Yeah, that's kind of dumb of an achievement if it's for guitar/bass. "
I'm pretty sure guitar and bass both have less than 200 notes total on that song, so it has to be done on drums by default. "
Guitar has over 1,000 notes, bass is over 700.  They're both pretty easy for the most part.
#36 Posted by Wibblewozzer (28 posts) -

For the people unhappy about an achievement worth four points notice the counter-achievement worth six points. They assume most everyone will calibrate their game and accidentally get the four points. Knowing that annoys some people those people might see what other achievement will bring that back to a number divisible by five and it's the achievement for linking your account to the Rock Band website. So they're getting people to link their account to the website, who otherwise might have ignored doing so, due to their odd desire to keep a clean looking number for their achievements. Smart move, Harmonix.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.