Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

There Is New Rock Band DLC and Nothing Makes Sense Anymore

• 120 results
    MattyT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I read the announcement while on break at work, and almost LITERALLY did this. "Something From Nothing" and "R U Mine" are KILLER tracks. Now, I'm just mad that I threw out my drum set. Still have my guitar and mic, though.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I can actually play R U Mine because it's in one of the Rocksmith games. Makes it weird to think about going back. Really happy to see they chose Shepherd of Fire. Should be a great chart.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHERES MY MOTHERFUCKING MUSE?!

(Seriously, i still have my drumset with pro cymbals waiting for it)

tadros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

If they released a new Rock Band or Guitar Hero for next gen consoles, I'd buy it.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I thought they had literally killed the store. There was a bunch of stories about 6 months ago concerning the longevity of the store, and I thought I had read you wouldn't be able to buy any more music, due to licensing or something.

iotanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Wow, I'm not sure what to think of a possible new uprising of plastic instrument games.

On one hand, I love the idea of those games coming back, purely for nostalgia's sake. On the other hand, I've gotten rid of all my instruments, my games, and almost all of last generation's consoles. I've kinda moved on, sadly. I can say that I'd like to play a new Rock Band, but it would really need to add something new, something that really made it stand out from the others for me to invest in all that again. One thing I think would be cool is making new guitars that have buttons that slide slightly up or down the neck and from side to side, to simulate bending or sliding up or down a string, but that would inconvenience many people who are looking for reasons to use their old instruments. A monthly feature where Harmonix offers new music, not just the latest hits or classics, would be nice for someone like me who struggles to find new good music without asking hipster buddies or constantly downvoting songs on Pandora.

Idea:

Something that is not even close to realistically possible, but would be damn cool and would sell a shitload of Rock Bands, is if they created a story mode similar to the tours of the previous Rock Bands; it covers their first three albums, so maybe 30-45 songs, all of them original songs written by established bands for the game. (It'd read something like "THIS SONG KICKS ASS", by *your band name* [written by the Foo Fighters]). The artists wouldn't be required to even take the song super seriously; they could just have some fun with it, but they'd have to make it a good song since this would be a representation of their band to a crowd they may not usually appeal to. They could release it as a standalone soundtrack as well! It'd get mixed with a new, smaller set of songs your band covers, just like the old games, to make a complete soundtrack for the game.THAT would make me buy a Rock Band game more than anything.

Activision is free to take that idea as well ;)

But otherwise, I doubt I'll be coming back to play any plastic instrument games if they're just going to play and be like the previous installments.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Is rock band night is back at pax east this year???

Still have the video for that last one.

sir_tonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the power of the Xbox One, we can finally have guitar strap technology!

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You know what

I think the world is ready for a new Rock Band

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

Well, I'm glad I got Rock Band for Christmas

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#113  Edited By kagato

harmonix sent me out a questionare thingy not long ago asking what machine i would like to see Rockband 4 on, maybe they releasing new music in preperation...

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115  Edited By agentboolen

@alex: since that Foo fighters song is on there new album that just recently came out I wouldn't be surprised if this is the record industry trying to get attention to some bands, like basically advertising.

I kind of think this genre is dead but it was a fun party game for awhile.

I also hated how the constant dlc updates would flood the Xbox live dlc section of the market place. But that was basically Microsoft's fault not separating music dlc that comes out daily from normal dlc. So I myself don't miss the dlc.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

Hilariously, this is the kind of overrepresented music that led to people not playing Rock Band anymore. Anyone asking for more Foo Fighters or Avenged Sevenfold is in the extreme minority and has gotten enough.

"R U Mine" is a fine addition, I suppose. "Do I Wanna Know" probably would've been smarter for bringing back the karaoke kids.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh my god what the

What does this

I mean, it couldn't possibly

But what if

- - -

DON'T YOU PLAY WITH MY HEART ROCK BAND

Coreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

@Coreus: With thousands of tracks available and potentially more in the future? Hardly.

bWo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: Indeed you can. All three tracks can be played in Blitz. Enjoy!

daedaluss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By daedaluss

these songs are bad but i want to support new rock band stuff!!!!! shit

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#126  Edited By Svenzon

@zaapp1: Always wanted some Ian Dury in Rock Band!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.