A Score Wars Question.

#1 Posted by MrCleanTrousers (40 posts) -

Hey gang, Is there a way to manually start score wars? I feel like I'm missing something here...

#2 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1675 posts) -

@MrCleanTrousers said:

Hey gang, Is there a way to manually start score wars? I feel like I'm missing something here...

I was wondering that too. Maybe it's part of the PC hub/Facebook integration, which I'm not planning on fucking around with (also I don't have a FB acct anyways).

#3 Posted by MrCleanTrousers (40 posts) -

@beard_of_zeus Yeah, you can do it through Facebook, but that really shouldn't be the only way. My Xbox live friends/ Facebook friends/ friends who have RB Blitz venn diagram has veeeeerrrry little overlap, so that sucks. All the Facebook stuff should've and could've been in the game.

#4 Posted by Trace (3551 posts) -

You can start randomly suggested score wars through the in-game recommendations, but to choose a specific opponent and/or song, you need to use the Facebook app.

Yeah, it's kind of lame.

#5 Posted by zoltan2357 (22 posts) -

It's confusing...I accidentally started a score war with MildMolasses (who's gonna kick my ass) and the only way I could start a score war with another dude was to pick some "iCarly" song I never heard of.

Thanks for clarification about the FB thing.

#6 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I agree. Limiting the Score Wars and features to a Facebook app (that, even if I still used Facebook, friends aren't into games) is dumb. I understand there's free advertising to be had, but c'mon. It also reeks of the RB3 account linking that was ultimately less practical to use than just having those features in the game itself.

Has anyone else been given random non-friend people to challenge in the Recommended tab?

#7 Posted by MrCleanTrousers (40 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart Yep, that's happened to me a couple of times. It makes no sense though because I've already got friends playing it... Eh, flaws. Still love the game though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.