Anyone know how the Lego rockband export works?

#1 Posted by Rave (370 posts) -

I've seen it cheap both new and used wondering how the export works for this do I need another rockband game to export or will this lone disc do. I am assuming if it does it has to be a new copy? Is there a 5$ charge like rockband 1?

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9740 posts) -

Brad should. Try PM-ing him.

#3 Edited by MagusMaleficus (1025 posts) -

Rock Band 2, Lego Rock Band, and Green Day Rock Band all cost $10 to export songs for use in other Rock Band games. You'll need the code that comes with each game to export so buying used isn't advised. (Songs from The Beatles Rock Band unfortunately cannot be exported.)

#4 Posted by Rave (370 posts) -

I have a code but not the disc anymore will I still need a copy of the disc I can't find a way to export

#5 Posted by Vextroid (1316 posts) -

Yes, you will need the disc.

#6 Posted by Rave (370 posts) -
@Vextroid Ok cool thanks, looks like I've gotta find a disc.
#7 Posted by Vextroid (1316 posts) -

If you need a guide of some sort.

@Rave said:

@Vextroid Ok cool thanks, looks like I've gotta find a disc.
#8 Edited by Magicallystoopid (467 posts) -

Is there any way to get the Rock Band 2 tracks without having to need Rock Band 3?

EDIT: Nevermind I checked and there isn't, though I went ahead and got Rock Band 1 for 2 bucks used and got those tracks for 400 points. Plus returning the game tomorrow means I only needed 5 bucks to get however many tracks. Good times. Plus I decided to take a gamble, getting Rock Band 2 (Didn't realize how I needed 3), and the guy never redeemed the 20 DLC songs. So got the DLC and returned it to get the five bucks needed for 1's tracks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.