Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Franchise »

The Rock Band franchise introduced the first rhythm game to incorporate drums and vocals in addition to guitar and bass instruments, creating a virtual band. It was also the first franchise to include genre staples such as Band World Tour, and character customization.

Brian May thinks Queen Rock Band may happen

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Steven
    According to Kotaco (Brian May being the guitarist for Queen, from an interview with BBC)

This is the best possible news for me as a huge Queen fan, and a huge Rock Band fan.  Many songs (45 sounds fine) in one package, with the loving detail given to the Beatles' game, without songs from other bands mucking it up.  And I'm most excited about songs from Queen 2 and the like, which are crazy good although not as well known.

Fun stuff like Freddie Mercury's crazy costumes should be really great to see, and should really lend itself to having the band evolve in appearance similarly to the Beatles.  They also have played memorable concerts in memorable venues, and also have songs that could translate well into dreamscapes.  Of course in many other ways I think it could be great, but seeing that it may actually happen is pretty exciting to me.

What do you think, would you be into it?  Or do you think Queen doesn't work as well as the Beatles?  As a Queen fan, of *course* I'm going to be excited about this, but what does the community at large think?
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jonnyboy

I think things like 'Singstar: Queen' are a fantastic idea, because lets face it, who doesn't want to be Freddie? The fact that Bands like Metallica translate well into games is due to the composition of music lending itself well to the GH/RB formula, and unless they release a keyboard controller bands like the Beatles or Queen (even though they are amazing to listen to) just don't make fun tracks to play.

Saying that I'd give it a go because as a Queen fan, I'd like to see how they tackle it.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By septim

I would love a Queen Rock Band but I am gonna wait to see how Beatles Rock Band performs NPD-wise before hyping myself for it.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I'd rather see Led Zeppelin, but Queen wouldn't upset me one bit. 

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Red

Mmmmmmm. Kotaco.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Red said:

" Mmmmmmm. Kotaco. "

Yummy.

Personally, I'd love a Queen: Rock Band. So long as it was given the same respect and love that Beatles: Rock Band was given, though I have no doubt that Harmonix would do so anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.