Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Franchise »

The Rock Band franchise introduced the first rhythm game to incorporate drums and vocals in addition to guitar and bass instruments, creating a virtual band. It was also the first franchise to include genre staples such as Band World Tour, and character customization.

You've got country in my Rock Band.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

Rock Band has always been strictly rock with a dash of metal and it's safe to say it works.  However, a certain group of people (rednecks, country bumpkins, and hicks) want to see some country mixed in with the rock and roll... do... do we still call it that?  Does anybody use the "and roll" part anymore?

Whatever, Rock Band is finally adding some country to its DLC lineup.  Unfortunately, there's no Cash, no Willie, not even any Garth.  Hope you like Brad Paisley and the Dixie Chicks because that's what's coming.

So on December 16th, Rock Band finally jumps the shark.  A darn shame, too... I do love the game.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Dalai

Rock Band has always been strictly rock with a dash of metal and it's safe to say it works.  However, a certain group of people (rednecks, country bumpkins, and hicks) want to see some country mixed in with the rock and roll... do... do we still call it that?  Does anybody use the "and roll" part anymore?

Whatever, Rock Band is finally adding some country to its DLC lineup.  Unfortunately, there's no Cash, no Willie, not even any Garth.  Hope you like Brad Paisley and the Dixie Chicks because that's what's coming.

So on December 16th, Rock Band finally jumps the shark.  A darn shame, too... I do love the game.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gizmo

This is odd, why can't they have their own Rock Band genre?

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Icil

I think it's a welcome addition even though I loathe country.

If they just had a team of 20 dudes cranking out songs and them releasing them into a huge library, it would be a hit. Too bad there's so much bureaucracy in putting content up for downloading on XBox Live and PSN.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I like it. I'm not a huge fan of country, but most of it's alright to listen to, and some of those insane banjo solo's will be hella fun to play with the guitar controller. As long as they pick good songs, this can only be a good thing. Even if the songs aren't that great, as long as they don't stop adding great rock songs, it isn't really a bad thing.

Either way, I want some Hayseed Dixie on rock band. They're do a tonne of proper rock songs (especially AC/DC, hence the name) in country styling and it is fucking hilarious.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Coltonio7

I am NOT banking on Rock Band pulling in any Cash.

So everyone...don't get your hopes up.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Coltonio7

I am NOT banking on Rock Band pulling in any Cash.

So everyone...don't get your hopes up.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Coltonio7 said:
    "I am NOT banking on Rock Band pulling in any Cash.

So everyone...don't get your hopes up."
    Confirmed.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I think some country belongs because they're actually in the same damned genre.  They just have stylistic differences, but they grow out of the same roots.  It's easy to forget that because we get stuck on genres all the time, but a lot of rock borrows from blues and folk and country, and vice versa.

I don't mind keeping them separate if that'll keep people happy, but I won't cry bitter tears if there aren't some solid tracks on there that happen to be of the country variety.  But yeah, some country, like some rock and roll, is better than others.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By dsplayer1010

Ehh. Not a big deal. More genres can only mean a bigger install base.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

SERIOUSLY?!  BRAD PAISLEY?!?!?!?!  FUCKIN A!!!  Paisley can fucking SHRED, man.  I've seen that dood live, and his solos are always fucking outstanding.  He's a damn good songwriter as well.

Dixie Chicks...well...that's a different fuckin' story.

*EDIT*  OH SHIT, DIERKS BENTLEY TOO?!  FUCKIN SWEET!!!  Him and Paisley are BOTH fuckin' sweet.

Would've liked to see "Lord Loves a Drinkin' Man" by Kevin Fowler also, but I'll take what I can get!
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Hexpane

the best dixie chick song is a cover "landslide" and it is indeed an amazing cover.  Funny how those redneck faux patriots crapped all over DChix when they came out against WBush, now we look back and realize that the DChix were spot on and those faux news parrots who sucked WBush's bullshit and thanked him should all go to jail for treason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.