Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Rock Band expands on the concepts Harmonix established in its Guitar Hero franchise by allowing players to play guitar, bass, drums, and sing to a variety of songs from various sub-genres and time periods.

Can my friend also copy songs from Rock Band 1 disc?

Merx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Merx

Hey guys.

I got rock band first and my friend played it at mine. Now she has rock band 2 herself with the band in a box. So can she copy the Rock Band 1 songs off the same disc I did or do they have some form of identity? I know that I got a code in the Rock Band 2 disc box.

Any ideas?

Also I didnt post in the rock band section before anybody busts a nut because the last post was 1 and 3 quater days ago and I need an answer sooner rather than later since I want to trade in the rock band 1 disc.

Many thanks in advance.
    Merx.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Posting in the Rock Band forum wouldn't slow down the response time because all threads go onto the newest topics board which is what most people look at. And it means the thread is easy for people to find if they have the same question, which avoids unneeded duplicates.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By C2C

Your friend can duplicate the songs from the orignal, she still needs to pay the fee to do so though (I think it's $5).

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

This should be in the Rock Band forum.  The mods actually SPECIFICALLY put up a thread before stating this with very stern typing tones being used.  Just because you post in the Rock Band forum doesn't mean it won't get answered.  It also has nothing to do with "busting a nut".  It has to do with helping other people, which is something you should've thought of.  Now, if someone has the same question as you and they want the answer, they can't go to the Rock Band wiki page and hit up the game-specific forums for the possible answer.  Instead, your post is going to be buried under tons of other shit in about 20 minutes.

With that said, anyone wanting to import their tracks to Rock Band 2 from Rock Band 1 still has to pay the fee in order to transfer it.  This is something that is easily found with the proper search on Google.  MOREOVER, if you HAVE a copy of Rock Band 2, the option actually shows up in your "Extras" option on the main menu...and then informs you that there is a fee to transfer the songs.  Had your friend simply tried that, they would know the answer to it all.  I fully understand EXACTLY what you are asking (whether or not the game has a unique identity on it), but these are answers that I would personally look for on Google first rather than a message board and/or forum that isn't the official website of the product in question.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @jakob187: Maybe I should have used google. Instead I decided to scour the Rock Band 2 forums here on Giantbomb, and it took a long time for me to find an answer.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine
    @Merx:
    @C2C said:
    " Your friend can duplicate the songs from the orignal, she still needs to pay the fee to do so though (I think it's $5). "
    I had the same question since I just bought GH 4 and I'm thinking about buying Rock Band 2 and borrowing Rock Band from my friend and paying the $5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.