Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Rock Band expands on the concepts Harmonix established in its Guitar Hero franchise by allowing players to play guitar, bass, drums, and sing to a variety of songs from various sub-genres and time periods.

Equipment malfunctions?

AndrewP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AndrewP

I thought I'd take a little poll. How many of you have had some sort of breakage of one of your instruments?

I've had to replace my pedal once (after I got the new one I bought one of those fiberglass things that go over the top of it off of ebay and that seems to be holding good), and just now I discovered this:

Not good.

I've never had any problems with my guitar, but I play the drums probably about 10x more then guitar.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By A Likely Story

I'm on my second drum set. The first one's pads all got cracked. Now BOTH (they let me keep the first one) bass pedals are cracked as of today, but are not yet unusable. My first guitar had the ever so popular strumming issue, and no my second guitar has a broken whammy bar (something broke inside of the guitar and the whammy bar just flops around), but I won't even bother replacing it since I don't use it (my friend broke it).

I hope my drums break by the time RB 1 comes out, then I can get the [supposedly] more reliable ones.

NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By NickNorman

I really hope my drums last through RB2...

I've always used the Les Paul from GHIII, but when I have friends over, they'll sometimes use the RB Stratocaster. Not any more, though. It almost never registers down strums, and double strums if you're going up sometimes. Same thing happened to another friend. I know HMX have been saying new instruments are a little sturdier, but I hope it makes a difference.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By epic_pets

yea happens alot, need stronger stuff

Disclaim3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Disclaim3r

The Rock Band drums are horrible.

Hopefully, the Harmonix "innovate-perfect" motto proves itself with RB2.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mourne

The bass pedals are really easy to fix, even though mine's still doing fine.

My drum's are working great; my strumbar on my guitar died out the first day I got it, but I applied a self-fix of sorts and took care of it. Mic's fine.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Megalon
    NickNorman said:
    "I really hope my drums last through RB2...

I've always used the Les Paul from GHIII, but when I have friends over, they'll sometimes use the RB Stratocaster. Not any more, though. It almost never registers down strums, and double strums if you're going up sometimes. Same thing happened to another friend. I know HMX have been saying new instruments are a little sturdier, but I hope it makes a difference."
    Sounds like you have an older strat then, they redid the strum sensor on the newer ones and it works much better (still feels squishy though). They reinstated the "no receipt" policy, so you should send that thing back for a new one. If you're adventurous, you can actually fix the sensor yourself without too much pain. Do a google search for it, if you're careful it won't void any kind of warranty as they don't have safeguards to tell you opened the guitar up.
    epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By epic_pets

Yea but rock band 2 developers said their equipment will be alot better...so its all good

AndrewP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AndrewP

Well I just sent the set back, it'll probably be at least a month before I see a new one. It'll be nice to get a fresh set for RB 2 though.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By RedSox8933

the stupid pedal keeps on breaking and i can't send it in because the stupid warrenty expired. why would they only have a 60 day warrenty if they made such crappy equipment?

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By twenty0ne

I haven't had any problems yet, but I basically only play guitar, and when I do, I use my GH3 controller.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Megalon
    RedSox8933 said:
    "the stupid pedal keeps on breaking and i can't send it in because the stupid warrenty expired. why would they only have a 60 day warrenty if they made such crappy equipment?"
    They're not doing the 60 day thing still, you can send it back until Oct. 1.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58623
    Thorwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thorwan

I just sent my drums in two days ago. The pedal was close to breaking, and the red drumpad dropped notes :( 

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Shocker

I've replaced the pedal, then the red pad stopped working. Hopefully Rock Band 2's drum set is more reliable.

BranDong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BranDong

I had to replace my pedal.. I bought a wooden pedal from a dealer on Ebay works great.  I also have the problem of my drum kit sliding across the floor.. so I had to put dumbbells on it.     And I don't think my snare will register drum rolls and never has...   I don't use the Strat .. I tried it when I first bought the game and it felt too clunky.. so I just used my Xplorer and Les Paul.  Anyone know how a way to fix my snare so I can do rolls?

x3ric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By x3ric

My strumbar stopped working. = /

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By A Likely Story
    BranDong said:
    "I had to replace my pedal.. I bought a wooden pedal from a dealer on Ebay works great.  I also have the problem of my drum kit sliding across the floor.. so I had to put dumbbells on it.     And I don't think my snare will register drum rolls and never has...   I don't use the Strat .. I tried it when I first bought the game and it felt too clunky.. so I just used my Xplorer and Les Paul.  Anyone know how a way to fix my snare so I can do rolls?
    "
    My red pad seems to drop some notes too during rolls...or maybe I just suck at rolls. XD

I've seen some people put duct tape around their pads to make them more responsive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.