The Endless Setlist: Who's a Platinum Artist?

#1 Posted by NickNorman (435 posts) -
Oh yeah!

Who has it? Who's going for it?

I just got it today with a friend. I was on guitar, he did vocals. We've been meaning to do it for some time, but set aside the four or so hours it took today. All we need are a few more cities and we're done with BWT.

We weren't ready for all the bonus songs (well, my friend wasn't, at least). Three songs away, and I Get By comes up. He just sort of stared at the TV. Good thing I hit all my overdrive. ;)
#2 Posted by AndrewP (89 posts) -

I don't have any friends that want to play fake instruments for 6 hours straight...:(

#3 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

I would have it if my 360 didn't get disc errors constantly

#4 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

Got this a few weeks ago. I thought I would playing guitar, since that's what I'm best at, but my friend who usually sings couldn't sing on expert so well, so I ended singing almost all the time and he played bass, while my other friend who is pretty good at guitar played guitar. If my friend on bass had trouble on any song (since he's not very good at bass/guitar), we switched back to our original positions for the song. It's a shame I don't have it for drums, but at that time I didn't think we'd be able to pass all of the songs with someone on drums (RTTH), but then I ended up beating expert drums like a week later. >_>

#5 Posted by b08smith (9 posts) -

I just got this a few weeks back doing both vocals and bass on expert. Yes I do have friends thanks :D

This was something I had wanted to try and do for a while but never got round to it till then. It was pretty good fun, challenging but enjoyable. I got 4/5 stars mostly but was just happy that I made it through in one piece :)

#6 Posted by nymets819 (183 posts) -

i have it unlocked, but my brother who normally does expert bass and i do expert guitar, he doesnt want to go six hours for it. i am fine with it, but also he cant play some of the songs on bass as of yet

#7 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I wouldnt have the patience or time for something like this.

#8 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -

Two of my friends and I went through on Expert Guitar & Bass, switching in and out. We did awful on Green Grass and High Tides (took like five tries), so we ended up losing a ton of fans.

#9 Posted by Bkorns4 (129 posts) -

i beat it on drums with my friends on guitar/bass and we were able to 5 star all but 3 songs.

#10 Posted by SpiredCrescent7 (37 posts) -

Had this one for a few months me on bass and lil bro on guitar switching whenever one got tired.  5 starred all but 3 songs i think, and those were 4 stars. but i feel like you have to just grind that stuff out

#11 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -

I did this around a month ago with a friend, I played guitar and he played bass. It's not that hard or tiring to do (I actually played alot of singleplayer afterwards)  and it took around 4hours with no breaks. We only had problems with GGaHT and that was because my friend couldn't play the bass line atall. I think it took 4 tries to beat that. We only missed around 6 stars from the event (Sabotage (bass fail), GGaHT, RTTH, Brainpower, Flirtin' with Disaster, I Get By 4 stars each). If you play well though it shouldn't be a problem to beat it, the on-disc Rock Band songs aren't that hard. If you sing you should definately have some drinks and take breaks (I can't sing for more than 2hours straight, my throat hurts) and if you play drums you propably can get really tired, especially from the bass pedal heavy songs so there's no need to overdo it on BRE's.

#12 Edited by PrawnToast (81 posts) -

I'm a sad wretch with no friends, so I haven't even touched the World Tour yet. It's a bummer that loads of the achievements are tied to this mode.  I've tried to get the missus involved but she loses interest after a few songs and doesn't have the stamina for it.

RB's World Tour mode with it's full online support will allow me to finally play this mode properly. This is as close as I'm gonna get.....

No Platinum Artist achievement for me :(
#13 Posted by Oni (2110 posts) -

Someone tell me, because I don't own this game for so long yet, but if you start a Band World Tour with a drummer (say he's the leader) and a guitarist, you can't switch either of them out for another instrument right, even if the band leader keeps the same instrument? This is a total bummer. I can do expert guitar, and my friend probably expert bass, but we started with drums and guitar, and there's no way I can drum the harder songs on expert. I can manage the first few tiers, but that's it.

So, am I boned for this achievement unless I start a new band with bass and guitar? If so, boo!

#14 Posted by Cesb02 (145 posts) -

I just beat in today, me on bass and my friend on guitar........ 

For Oni: The band leader HAS TO PLAY the original instrument he/she chose, so he cannot switch instruments but the other player can.
#15 Posted by ethanmmm (25 posts) -

i have it, me and my friend stayed up till 2 and just finished it in the morning.......... bad idea to start at 8 pm
#16 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
Oni said:
"Someone tell me, because I don't own this game for so long yet, but if you start a Band World Tour with a drummer (say he's the leader) and a guitarist, you can't switch either of them out for another instrument right, even if the band leader keeps the same instrument? This is a total bummer. I can do expert guitar, and my friend probably expert bass, but we started with drums and guitar, and there's no way I can drum the harder songs on expert. I can manage the first few tiers, but that's it.

So, am I boned for this achievement unless I start a new band with bass and guitar? If so, boo!"
The only member that needs to remain is the leader--in this case, the drummer. No members can use other instruments; you're either a drummer, vocalist, or guitarist/bassist.

My suggestion? Make a guitarist/bassist the leader. No other way around it, really. This won't be a problem come the sequel, luckily.
#17 Posted by Videogames (257 posts) -

I've done it twice on guitar (for 2 different friends). Looking to do it on drums now that I can finally beat Run to the hills every time without failing.

#18 Posted by Oni (2110 posts) -
Mourne said:
"Oni said:
"Someone tell me, because I don't own this game for so long yet, but if you start a Band World Tour with a drummer (say he's the leader) and a guitarist, you can't switch either of them out for another instrument right, even if the band leader keeps the same instrument? This is a total bummer. I can do expert guitar, and my friend probably expert bass, but we started with drums and guitar, and there's no way I can drum the harder songs on expert. I can manage the first few tiers, but that's it.

So, am I boned for this achievement unless I start a new band with bass and guitar? If so, boo!"
The only member that needs to remain is the leader--in this case, the drummer. No members can use other instruments; you're either a drummer, vocalist, or guitarist/bassist.

My suggestion? Make a guitarist/bassist the leader. No other way around it, really. This won't be a problem come the sequel, luckily."
Oh I actually found out the guitarist IS the leader, fortunately. So I can get my friend to do bass, and we'll hopefully knock out this achievement, some day. Mind you I haven't even finished BWT yet, meaning I haven't even done the Hall of Fame induction yet. But nice to know.
#19 Posted by Kevin (369 posts) -

My friend and I thought about doing this, how long does it take on a straight run-through? No pausing, and deleting some of the harder DLC (Metallica pack, Constant Motion, Sleepwalker).

#20 Edited by Hobbies (976 posts) -

The DLC are not part of the endless setlist, fortunately; it only consists of the on disc songs (main setlist and bonus). It should take about 5 hours without pauses.

#21 Posted by Kevin (369 posts) -

I'm officially a platinum artist!!

Took a friend and me six hours. At some point about an hour in, he pressed the wrong button while paused. I didn't know if we were going to be friends after that... but we stuck through it.

P.S. Screw Green Grass and High Tides.

#22 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

I'm gonna see if I can do it in RB2...it will be even longer O.o

#23 Posted by drok17 (103 posts) -

Unlocked it with a friend on expert bass while he was on expert guitar

#24 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I have gold. I can't do Green Grass and High Tides, and ONLY Green Grass and High Tides, so I had to play hard all the way through except for one of the last songs.

#25 Posted by fryedrycestyle (230 posts) -

Just did it. Only had trouble on Green Grass and High Tides but we beat that on our second try. I was on guitar and my friend was on bass.

*feels special*

#26 Posted by tds418 (191 posts) -

Unfortunately my only friend who plays these types of games is bored with Rock Band so it doesn't look like I will ever get it :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.