Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Rock Band expands on the concepts Harmonix established in its Guitar Hero franchise by allowing players to play guitar, bass, drums, and sing to a variety of songs from various sub-genres and time periods.

Wheres Rush?

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By uberpwner93

The DLC is usually up by 5am, but It's 10am now and their still not up. I wanna play YYZ.

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lozz

Same, ive been waiting on it all day.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    uberpwner93 said:
    "The DLC is usually up by 5am, but It's 10am now and their still not up. I wanna play YYZ."
    wait how does one sing YYZ?
    Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lozz

One doesn't, weird but its in there. Not 100% sure what happens when you play it as a band.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By uberpwner93

Im seriously starting to get restless. It even says that it's out already.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By maxx77

Pfft, you don't play Rush with 4 people, you play their music with 3. The singer simply focuses on the bass guitar during YYZ!

I don't get off work until 4 hours from now, so I haven't been affected by the missing Rush DLC. I hope it's there by the time I get home. Sucks that of all the albums to get delayed, it'd be Rush. First we get Tom Sawyer in our music videogame, only to find out that it's a cover band, and now we get the real thing, only to have it delayed at the last second! Harmonix has indicated that it's a glitch and not intentional, so hopefully it'll be sorted out real soon.

fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By fryedrycestyle

Yes. The common hypothesis is that there are technical difficulties with YYZ due to the lack of a singer and it having to be disabled for a four person band and all that jazz... Although I don't see why the singer can't rest for one song...

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By maxx77

Is that sarcasm or a real hypothesis that's circulating about? It's not like they waited until today to code the tracks. Given the lead-in time MS requires for Marketplace content to be tested and approved, Harmonix would have had the Rush stuff finished weeks, if not months ago. The reason why the new tracks aren't available will be a technical one involving the download of the files from the servers, not a matter of what those files contain.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By tds418
    fryedrycestyle said:
    "Yes. The common hypothesis is that there are technical difficulties with YYZ due to the lack of a singer and it having to be disabled for a four person band and all that jazz... Although I don't see why the singer can't rest for one song..."
    it's impossible to form any kind of hypothesis, Harmonix hasn't said anything besides that there's difficulty. It could be anything.
    Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lozz

Also don't believe what anyone says about the delay, it's just people making up shit cos they're bored. Until HMX actually says something, it is just a delay.

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lozz

Also if anyone wants to play online when the DLC goes live add my gamertag, Schlozz

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Lozz said:
    "Also if anyone wants to play online when the DLC goes live add my gamertag, Schlozz"

Ok, I might send you one.  My ID is my GT.
    maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By maxx77

Full day has gone by, files still aren't uploaded, even though there ads to download the tracks all over the 360 interface. I like how they say "Full album by Rush is finally here!" and then you click on it and are taken to last week's Duran Duran tracks. Still no explanation from Harmonix. Hopefully they make up for the delay with some free content or something.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Timma1083

As far as anyone knows, Harmonix announced a bit before Midnight on Monday that there was a technical difficulty with putting up Moving Pictures, and they've been working on it since. We haven't had an update from Harmonix, at all, so no one for sure knows whats going on. Some people think its YYZ, but no one knows for sure.

I hate being left out in the dark Harmonix... :(

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By tds418

Patience is a virtue. 

I'm sure Harmonix will explain soon, and knowing them they'll make up for it somehow.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Timma1083

No Rush this week. Replacement DLC for the week will be announced soon.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1109668#post1109668

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By maxx77

Here's the whole thing from HMXSean, emphasis mine:

Hey everybody,

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical difficulties, we won't be able to release Rush's "Moving Pictures" this week. We'll be working on it as hard as we can, but it looks like it could be a couple of weeks to fix. In the meantime we will be moving around our schedule so we still have DLC coming out each week (including this week, info to follow in another announcement).

Look forward to some exciting news this weekend, from PAX and elsewhere.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Timma1083

Also, unlike the Gamespot article, its delayed for both the 360 and PS3, read the last post from HMXHenry.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74547

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By DualReaver

Did someone at Harmonix finally notice that YYZ has no vocals?

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Timma1083
    DualReaver said:
    "Did someone at Harmonix finally notice that YYZ has no vocals?"
    haha, that might be it. That or they tried adding some percussion part to the vocals. Who knows...

I doubt we'll hear the answer, Harmonix will probably keep us in the dark on this one.
    maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By maxx77

You still visit Gamespot? It hurts my fingers just to type the name of it.

I hope Harmonix comes clean too. I can't see why they'd be so secretive about it. It's just a freakin game, give us a reason, any reason, something to cling to.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By A Likely Story
    Timma1083 said:
    I doubt we'll hear the answer, Harmonix will probably keep us in the dark on this one."
    Harmonix has great customer service/interaction, they are most certainly not keeping anyone out of the dark:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74543

I am actually quite pissed though...possibly weeks until it's released? Moving Pictures gave me something to look forward to at the end of my long, horrid school days, yet it's not there. Sure, we'd all like to know what exactly went wrong, but that's up to them to decide to share, and it shouldn't matter to us as long as they give us a time frame like in the link above. It worries me though that they were unprepared for the deadline and it caught up to them.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Timma1083
    Hobbies said:
    "Timma1083 said:
    I doubt we'll hear the answer, Harmonix will probably keep us in the dark on this one."
    Harmonix has great customer service/interaction, they are most certainly not keeping anyone out of the dark:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74543

I am actually quite pissed though...possibly weeks until it's released? Moving Pictures gave me something to look forward to at the end of my long, horrid school days, yet it's not there. Sure, we'd all like to know what exactly went wrong, but that's up to them to decide to share, and it shouldn't matter to us as long as they give us a time frame like in the link above. It worries me though that they were unprepared for the deadline and it caught up to them."
    Don't get me wrong, I think Harmonix does a great job listening to the customer and all, I just consider this one case an exception. All we'll ever know is it was "Technical Difficulties", and probably won't hear what it exactly was. (Not that its all that important...)
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By A Likely Story

Oh, ok. Even if we don't hear the down to earth specifics (which, like you said, isn't really important for us to know), we still got more information than many other companies in the industry (or any industry) would give us in this kind of situation. I'm sure we're all curious as to exactly what happened, but I trust Harmonix has a fine excuse for having to delay it.

...Although I can't say I'm not angry for possibly having to wait a few more weeks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.