so apparently nobody is playing this game

#2 Posted by MetalBaofu (1440 posts) -

I'm thinking about picking it up...haven't done so yet.   I wouldn't be surprised if the online community remains pretty much nonexistent.

#3 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

bought it today but haven't tried the online yet

#4 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

It's kind of sad thinking about how much effort has gone into multiplayer components of games nobody plays. It seems like if you aren't one of the half dozen or so big franchises, you never had a chance of surviving past a month. On consoles at least.

#5 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

i was thinking of buying it. how many points is it?

#6 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

@tunaburn said:

i was thinking of buying it. how many points is it?

800. Cheaper than most new XBLA games and it looks to be more than worth the cash. Really wish the PC version hadn't been delayed a week... Dumb MS and their obsession over timed exclusivity, no matter how short.

#7 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Very strongly considering getting it after that Quick Look. It looks like so, so much fun in splitscreen.

#8 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

it will probably do better on Steam than on XBLA (as zeno Clash did in fact). Game looks surprisingly awesome, i had no idea it had a "prep" phase
#9 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (960 posts) -

I have a feeling more people will buy this for PC. Like myself. The fact that I have to wait one extra week doesn't bother me, as I am leaving home today and won't be back till Monday anyway.

Besides, maybe people want to beat the singleplayer first? I know I usually want to do that.

#10 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

It's a game about a rock rolling down a hill.

The game looks fun, the initial concept seems dull but I don't think many people are going to give it the time of day to just try the demo.

#11 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

What platform are you playing on?

#12 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

@Seedofpower said:

Right now the game is only out on 360.

#13 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Seedofpower said:

its only out on 360 for now so... :p
#14 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

Oh well in that case, nvm.

#15 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

I was going to buy it today, but instead it turns out that my xbox live account was compromised and wiped clean, my password reset security question was in chinese, and almost $130 in debit card purchases had been made to xbox live with my debit card!

...today was not a great day. But I still plan on getting it if/when this all gets sorted out.

#16 Posted by DeeGee (2139 posts) -

I think I'll get in, I just need to decide on what platform.

#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

I still have to watch the Quick Look, but maybe that'll convince me to buy it. I do have a bunch of unspent MS Points just sitting there after all. >.>

#18 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Dunno, aren't the PC crowd more accepting towards weird indie games? That generally seems like what indie developers aim for though. Think that might be the platform to go for here even though mechanics wise it looks more like a console/controller game.

#19 Posted by bibamatt (1090 posts) -

Yeah, it seems to me that the 'join game' option is done all wrong. You can't hit it and just sit and wait for it to find someone. It just immediately says 'no games found' and kicks you to the menu. If it's doing that for EVERYONE, then no wonder it can't find anyone... Seems like the only way is to create a lobby, something few people do, I imagine. Hit me up if you want to play any multiplayer... Gamertag is Bibamatt.

#20 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

hmmmmmmmmmm.....................i might wait for the pc version

#21 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

@tunaburn: That's what I'm doing. I have faith in the dudes behind Zeno Clash, placing those trebuchets and towers ought to be nice and precise.

#22 Posted by project343 (2838 posts) -

Game is awesome. Needs more fans.

#23 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2334 posts) -

Bad news: Can't find anyone to play with

Good news: It is really easy to get in the top 5 of most of the time trials

#24 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Oh shit it's OUT!? 
I gotta go...

#25 Posted by HatKing (6108 posts) -

Played the trial last night and loved it, then I watched the Quick Look this morning and that convinced me to buy it.  I'm not huge on competitive multiplayer, I really wish there were leaderboards or something like that.  Maybe I'll give it a shot online once I finish the 'story' mode. 

#26 Posted by Redbullet685 (6084 posts) -
@tsiro said:

I was going to buy it today, but instead it turns out that my xbox live account was compromised and wiped clean, my password reset security question was in chinese, and almost $130 in debit card purchases had been made to xbox live with my debit card!

...today was not a great day. But I still plan on getting it if/when this all gets sorted out.

That happened to my friend a few weeks ago. Call MS. They refunded most of the money (all but $50) and he got to keep all that was downloaded to his account.
#27 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

@Redbullet685: Yeah, I actually just called them earlier today, and they're working on recovering it, but it sounds like it could take up to a month! Ugh, I wanted to play Rock of Ages NOW! (But at least I'll be getting it back!)

#28 Posted by MetalBaofu (1440 posts) -

I bought it a today.   Played the story a bit, then tried some online.   It just kept saying, "no games found," but when I created a lobby myself and waited a couple minutes I got into a couple matches.   Too bad both of those players quit the match after they saw I had won.   First one quit when I broke his gate, but before I could squish his dude.  Second one quit once I had hit his gate twice in the time it took him to hit mine once.

#29 Posted by RussianDrink (117 posts) -

Actually a bunch of folks are playing it. You just gotta create a lobby and wait until someone joins you. It's not a very good system but if you can get into an online match, this game is totally awesome. I just got my 10 Online Wins achievement and some of those matches were super intense and very close. Gamertag is Russian Drink.

#30 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I have this game, and it's kind of awesome. 

If any of y'all want to play, add me on XBL- Gamertag's same as my name here. I need to try out online before i write my review anyway, so yeah, if any of you guys would like to help out, that'd be lovely. 

#31 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2132 posts) -
@Dany said:

It's a game about a rock rolling down a hill.

GOTY.
#32 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

It's a great game that everyone should buy so I can get the "win 50 wars" achievement.

#33 Posted by MetalBaofu (1440 posts) -
@Romination said:
It's a great game that everyone should buy so I can get the "win 50 wars" achievement.
Don't know if that was just a typo or what, but It's just 10 matches, not 50.
#34 Posted by foggel (2764 posts) -

I bought it yesterday, but I'm going through the SP campaign before going online.

#35 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2334 posts) -

I got into a bad Super Monkey Ball/Trial HD mode of shaving .01 second off my time trials mode after I realized I was number 1 on the leaderboards at some of the levels. I'm left clinging to my spot on Trento and Madrid

#36 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -
@metalhead87: it was a misremembered achievement. Noted, though!
#37 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

I've been out of town for the weekend, but I'll be picking it up when I get home tomorrow or Tuesday for sure.

#38 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Also, gamertag's R0mination. I'd love to find someone to play this with.

#39 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2334 posts) -

@Tarsier said:

after playing this game for a while, ive come to the conclusion that its a piece of crap. the multiplayer is always imbalanced unless you are playing split screen. if you create the lobby its fine but anyone who joins your game has at least a second of input lag for everything they do with the controller, movement, jumping, building etc. its really sad . and same with if you join someone elses game, you get the lag. it could be a great game but they clearly didnt put much effort or thought into making the online playable or balanced. i am hoping the steam version will be better.. but i doubt it will. these guys need to get ahold on this stuff if they are going to be continuing making games with online multiplayer . : (

Some of the levels are also not very good once you figure them out.

In Rome it is possible to get through the length of the level without haven't to go near any of the light shaded areas.

#40 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@Tarsier said:

but i doubt it will. these guys need to get ahold on this stuff if they are going to be continuing making games with online multiplayer . : (

well I should hope that their next game is Zeno Clash 2. so...

#41 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

I own it, and I'm having a load of fun with it too! It's probably going to be one of the few games that I actually attempt to S rank.

#42 Posted by thebexexpress (38 posts) -

I can't have it for two more days on Steam! And I really, really want it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.