Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocket Jump

Concept »

A Rocket Jump uses the explosive force of a rocket to launch the player high into the air, usually at the expense of some of his health.

Grenade Hop?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mosespippy

Does a grenade hop count as a rocket jump?  I'm thinking specifically of in Marathon (Bungie, 1994, Mac) where grenades are launched from a grenade launcher and are used to hop.  I think it should be counted as a rocket jump, and is most likely the first appearance of the action in video games.

patrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By patrick

From the looks of the page, rocket jump just refers to any weapon being used to jump higher. Hell, that'd include Rogue Trip using dynamite to jump across the Grand Canyon.

MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MatthewMeadows

Yeah adding grenade hops should be fine.

Riotisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Riotisonfire

unless there is a concept page called gernade jump but seeing is how this page talks about gerande jumping as a form of rocket jumping then it should be considred in the same catagory and rocket jumping is my favorite thing to do in any game that i can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.