Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

Rocksmith is a guitar-based music game designed around playing a real electric guitar.

Rocksmith 2

toymachinesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Big news on Monday

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is probably going to be locked for image spam, but before it does, I just want to say that I'm super excited. Rocksmith is one of my favorite things.

toymachinesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, can't wait for the Ubisoft presser :D

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm thrilled to death that this game did well. I was scared it was going to fail. It's the only reason I will never get rid of my PS3.

Interestingly, my brother bought RS when it first came out. He plays guitar. I had to wait until the bass expansion came out, because i play bass. By the time I started playing, he had kind of quit becuase he found the game to be so buggy and badly crafted that it was almost unplayable. I never got to see any of that because by the time I started, all of that had been ironed out.

I hope the sequel is well made and gets more people into the game.

I also hope they figure out a way to do drums...

toymachinesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This is some next level shit

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This is some next level shit

Oh. My. God.

I figured the sequel would be ambitious, but I never would have imagined a full session suite like that. That alone could be the full game and I'd still be there on day one waving cash in the air like a madman.

JoeBigfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That does look pretty epic. Since I moved recently and no longer have a bunch of friends around to jam with I might have to pick this up.

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The songs they have announced so far are pretty different from what was in the first game too. I never would have expected Bob Dylan or B'z to show up.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

The only thing I didn't really like about the first game was having to re-load into the event you had just completed. Most of the time I just wanted to loop through the same event and try to get better.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By RawknRo11a

yea, seriously impressed with what they are doing with the sequel. Session mode looks like fantastic fun. Loved learning to REALLY play some songs. Can't wait to just jam out with an A.I. band

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@tourgen said:

The only thing I didn't really like about the first game was having to re-load into the event you had just completed. Most of the time I just wanted to loop through the same event and try to get better.

Yeah that was my one major problem along with the bad menus, there was no good way to keep practicing a song. Give me options to keep playing a section of a song or the whole thing until i quit out, don't fail me out, select the speed and select the difficulty of the chords. I had a few problems on some songs where i could kinda play the real chords, but would mess up a little and it dropped me down in difficulty and it just screwed me up.

And a separate mode for screwing around, so people don't have to unlock all the amps and such if they feel like playing around, and another one for teaching and ramping up to more difficult songs along the way.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy fuck. Looks like it could be really cool. Disappointed that there's nothing yet announced for it being on PS4/Xbone, though.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maystack

I was semi-interested in the first game because I have a guitar laying around that I don't know how to play, and this looks even better. Looking forward to more news on the game.

toymachinesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandude: It's not a next-gen game (Xbox 360, PS3, PC/Mac). If someone would like to fill out the information on here for "Rocksmith 2014" feel free to use my article as a reference:

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-ubisoft-aerosmith-real-guitar-pc-mac-360-ps3/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.