Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

Rocksmith is a guitar-based music game designed around playing a real electric guitar.

Will it come with a guitar?

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mesklinite

Do we know if this game will come with a guitar? I can't wait to try this game. I want to learn an acoustic, but I guess picking up an electric to learn wouldn't be so bad hehe Does anyone play both? Do the skills transfer?

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Jensonb

@mesklinite said:

Do we know if this game will come with a guitar? I can't wait to try this game. I want to learn an acoustic, but I guess picking up an electric to learn wouldn't be so bad hehe Does anyone play both? Do the skills transfer?

Ars Technica is reporting that as well as a $79.99 version which includes just the software and the Quarter Inch to USB Cable, they will also be offering a $199.99 bundle which includes an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. - which it has to be said is pretty freaking sweet entry-level electric guitar, and one with one of the most iconic shapes in music. I'm interested in learning to play guitar, but I really want to be able to do it at my own pace and in isolation as much as possible until I have a handle on the basics (Playing music makes me self conscious, which I'm not normally) so this looks very interesting to me. I might be tempted by that $200 bundle, assuming it's available at a reasonable price here in the UK.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

I'm surprised that there is a guitar bundle, but a Les-Paul junior is a nice place to start.

The skills transfer, but the callouses don't unless you play both regularly. Electric is easier to learn on, because it requires less finger strength. I'm also guessing that an electric will play nicer with the game.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By JCTango

Anyone know if you have to use an electric guitar for this game, or can you use an acoustic one as well?

Braumeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Braumeister
    @Jensonb said:

@mesklinite said:

Ars Technica is reporting that as well as a $79.99 version which includes just the software and the Quarter Inch to USB Cable, they will also be offering a $199.99 bundle which includes an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. - which it has to be said is pretty freaking sweet entry-level electric guitar, and one with one of the most iconic shapes in music. I'm interested in learning to play guitar, but I really want to be able to do it at my own pace and in isolation as much as possible until I have a handle on the basics (Playing music makes me self conscious, which I'm not normally) so this looks very interesting to me. I might be tempted by that $200 bundle, assuming it's available at a reasonable price here in the UK.

I'm having a hard time imagining what a guitar cheaper than a Gibson USA Melody Maker must sound and play like. Regular Epiphone Les Pauls are nice cheap guitars, but a $120 Junior?  What is it made out of, plywood?
    neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By neozeke
    @Braumeister: I'm pretty sure that $199 is abot the price most guitar companies set their starter packs at. You know guitar and amp combo. It might be alright. Idk, my first guitar was a family heirloom so I got pretty lucky. 
    Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Jensonb

@Braumeister: It's made of standard materials, it's just a very basic guitar. One (humbucking) pickup, bolt-on neck configuration, one volume knob and tone knob. Enough to get you playing. Like @neozeke: says, it's competitive with other starter guitars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.