Rocksteady’s Next Batman Game Possibly Set in the Silver Age

• 195 results
#101 Posted by cavemantom (217 posts) -

Sure, it'll be style after the silver age comics... but man, would I kill for a Rocksteady Batman game starring Adam West.

#102 Posted by Pop (2647 posts) -

I'm cool with any batman game made by rocksteady they proved it twice that they can make good batman games, I kinda want to know why Mark Hamil doesn't want to do the voice again, he's done it in so many games and TV shows. Why stop now?

#103 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11433 posts) -

@Pop said:

I'm cool with any batman game made by rocksteady they proved it twice that they can make good batman games, I kinda want to know why Mark Hamil doesn't want to do the voice again, he's done it in so many games and TV shows. Why stop now?

I think it has more to do with him getting old and pseudo-retiring than anything else.

Or, it could be that he figured he was done with the role when they killed off the character.

#104 Posted by Zippedbinders (1030 posts) -

@ProjektGill said:

It would be awesome if there is a super hidden easter egg in Arkham City that blatantly points to the direction of this game. I still remember being blown away by how long it took the community to find the hidden room in Arkham Asylum.

The community didn't even find it. The developers had to tell people it was there. That was how well it was hidden.

Anyway, if Rocksteady has to do another Batman game, reveling in the insanity that is Silver Age Batman is the best possible choice. That is as far away as you can get from the serious Arkham stuff without moving to a different property. I need more Batmite insanity in my life.

#105 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

I'll have my silver dollars ready.

#106 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@cavemantom said:

Sure, it'll be style after the silver age comics... but man, would I kill for a Rocksteady Batman game starring Adam West.

Yes, but only if it's the bumbling senile crackpot Mayor Adam West from the rich Family Guy fiction.
#107 Posted by joshth (508 posts) -

@JoshyLee said:

Good to have you back, Scoops.

#108 Posted by Saganomics (212 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Pop said:

I think it has more to do with him getting old and pseudo-retiring than anything else.

Or, it could be that he figured he was done with the role when they killed off the character.

Pretty sure he has mentioned in interviews that the Joker voice is really physically demanding for him, as well.

#109 Edited by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@cavemantom said:

Yes, but only if it's the bumbling senile crackpot Mayor Adam West from the rich Family Guy fiction.

There really is no other; even in the old Batman show.

#110 Posted by spankingaddict (2727 posts) -

Who cares about Batman , Patrick is HERE BABY! :P

#111 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I think they should've expanded on the Bat-Family, but I'm still in.

#112 Posted by digitaldemigod (33 posts) -

I don't need a Superman game. I've still got my Superman 64 right here. It's all I'll ever need.

#113 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3957 posts) -

This could be very cool. I really enjoyed the Arkham games don't get me wrong but I never found their general style and take on Batman to be that strong.

I hope the switch up the formula some though with the gameplay.

#114 Posted by TadThuggish (909 posts) -

This is an insane, great idea. Reminds me of the story pattern in the Metal Gear Solid series: second game ends on a huge cliffhanger, third game is a big flashback, finish the series on the fourth.

Also, it could expose people to the rest of the DC Universe some folks so casually dismiss.

#115 Posted by NTM (7516 posts) -

I'd love to see them do a Marvel/DC cross-over. That'd be a challenge!

#116 Posted by KingHippp0 (118 posts) -

Good to see you back on the job Patty. We missed ya.

#117 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6400 posts) -

To not get on the preverbal quote tree bandwagon, welcome back Patrick. Glad to see you're still churning out news stories.

And I really hope, if this is true, that they find a suitable substitute voice actor for Joker. Mark Hamill was perfect.

#118 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (381 posts) -

If this is true then Hamill will probably return as the Joker...and then say he's "retiring" after the game is released...

#119 Posted by Chaoskiller2000 (306 posts) -

Huh this would be strange mainly because of something they eluded to in the DLC for AC

#120 Posted by mikey87144 (1810 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

Welcome back Patrick
#121 Posted by Undeadpool (4986 posts) -

Since Grant Morrison established that the entire Silver Age was a prolonged, sensory-deprived, LSD trip in Batman's head, I think the first 10 minutes of this game will be EVEN better than Arkham City's!

/press X to drop X

#122 Posted by benefitevil (49 posts) -

I'm all for more good superhero games, and I am for anything that can give it to us.If it takes a more campy batman game then I say bring it on.

#123 Posted by megalowho (976 posts) -

If they do this, I want the silliest Batman game possible. All the ridiculous characters from DC's golden age, please.

#124 Posted by NoK (325 posts) -

If you listen to the Fat Man on Batman podcast with Kevin Smith Mark says that he is worried about burning people out with his take on the Joker. He goes on to say he would do the Joker again if he felt it was right. Awesome podcast by the way and Mark Hamil was an amazing guest, I really suggest checking it out.

#125 Posted by NegativeCero (3024 posts) -

Could be cool, but I don't really know because I know absolutely nothing about Silver Age Batman. I kind of hope it isn't true because I'd like to see Rocksteady take on something new, even if it's just another superhero.

#126 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@Undeadpool

Since Grant Morrison established that the entire Silver Age was a prolonged, sensory-deprived, LSD trip in Batman's head, I think the first 10 minutes of this game will be EVEN better than Arkham City's!

/press X to drop X

I love this post and concept so much.

"Mastah Bruce? Why are your pupils dilated? Please take your hands off of your nipples, Sir."
#127 Posted by GalacticPunt (1090 posts) -

I don't know how good commercial prospects of a campy silver-age video game would be, but I bet it would be damn fun.

John Dimaggio can do a solid Joker, and it's time for one of America's living treasures to reclaim the cowl. Of course, I'm talking about Adam West!

*taps chest*

Pure.

West.

#128 Posted by BlueWolverine (107 posts) -

John DiMaggio would be a proper replacement for Hamill. Johns performance in Batman: Under the Red Hood speaks for itself.

#129 Posted by SamFo (1548 posts) -

Oh man... Adam West, get him on board.

#130 Posted by jakob187 (21728 posts) -

Mark Hamill came out later after he said Arkham City was his final Joker gig and said that it actually wouldn't be.

Just pointing that out.

#131 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

Awesome to see you back, Patrick.

I will have my eyes on Rocksteady to see just how they go forth with the Batman license (or whatever other superhero they decide to tackle). For now, I sit and wait for the official announcement from Rocksteady.

#132 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3683 posts) -

Welcome back Patrick. So are they changing up the setting to the silver ages as a gimmick to showcase a different batman ala Brave and the Bold Batman / Adam West Batman? If anything I'd like to see Batman Beyond "batman" change things up by exploring that steam punkish world.

#133 Posted by hardindr (191 posts) -

Welcome back, Patrick.

#134 Posted by Nomin (983 posts) -

Good to have you back Patrick. Also this leads to the possibility of the inclusion of shark repellent bat spray, which was way long overdue in gaining an entry here.

#135 Posted by Psykhophear (941 posts) -

I'm a huge fan of the Silver Age Batman in terms of the era and the Bat costume. I'd be so happy if Rocksteady could make that game come true and having Batman to look like this the whole way (but probably less darker looking to fit the 1970s vibe):

#136 Posted by MrBlueJackle (125 posts) -

I'm rocksteady after reading this news.

#137 Posted by Nightfang (380 posts) -

Just make a Justice League game, not Batman and the Justice League like Lego Batman 2.

#138 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (733 posts) -

Backtrick

#139 Posted by bassman2112 (850 posts) -

It's great to see you back, Patrick.

#140 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

welcome back? haha come on

#141 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@SamFo said:

Oh man... Adam West, get him on board.

#142 Edited by SuperJoe (896 posts) -

Cel shading. I'm calling it.

#143 Posted by getsomedrankHowardPhillips (52 posts) -

@Zaph said:

Glad to have you back Patrick.

#144 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

Could be cool. Would be a giant tonal shift from the Arkham games to Silver Age. I think Batman could use some more old school campy light heartedness though, the guy is always so high strung...

#145 Posted by Andy_117 (169 posts) -

Mark Hamill said he wouldn't voice the Joker if his performance couldn't top his one in Arkham City. So basically, he wants the character to go out with a bang. If they can top Arkham City's portrayal, he may well jump right back in.

#146 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

Welcome back bro!

#147 Edited by heavymetalwaffle (111 posts) -

Hmm. This would probably be cool, but I'd rather see them expand on the end of the 'Mystery Stalker' and 'Identity Thief' side-quests. Arkham City also eluded to Scarecrow and Bludhaven so I could see them doing something with that as well.

Gamesradar had (from what I remember) a pretty good speculation article about a sequel. It's right here. (Spoiler territory)

#148 Posted by Xeirus (1350 posts) -

I thought I had had enough of the game to keep me content for a while. I was mistaken, my mind is on fire with all the things this could bring.

Also, hi Patrick, we missed you :)

#149 Posted by ibruemleve (38 posts) -

This needs Adam West, Burt Ward, and maybe even some Cesar Romero sound clips to work out just right. Also, glad to see you back Patrick.

#150 Posted by grimmspectre18 (70 posts) -

cough "Patman Returns" cough

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.